Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arcade Emulators Ahoy!

• 15-02-2002 1:01am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭

Here we go..

Namco's S11 arcades systems are ready to grace our fair pc moniters.

Such Titles as Tekken 1 and 2, Ridge Racer, and Soul Edge prequel to the fantastic Soul Caliber.

http://www.impactemu.com/

No sound emulation as of yet, and all-in-all its very buggy...but things will change soon enough.

Finding good dumps of the roms would be hard too.

Now, if they'd only start work on CPS3 :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,571 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

spooge.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

I can't find anthing on the Impact site about Ridger Racer etc. Although I didn't look very hard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Kairo

Its only in the news section, as the emulator isn't really ready yet, and roms are hard to come by.

It doesn't mention any games..but ridge racer would be one of the System 11 games.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭DiscoStu

http://khallis3.vr9.com/

its not out yet but it could be a fake

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 2,965 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoGiE

I mentioned that cps 3 emu in another post and it's a fake.... some twat with adobe photoshop:D :D

On an interestin note impact also supports ZN-2 hardware ( basicaly playstation'n'arcade which means we'll be lookin at strider 2 and the like as well as the game's mentioned by kyro IT'S ALL GOOD!!:D :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

Bah... I wub ridge racer... wouldn't be the same without the arcade driving seat, wheel and pedals tho... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Man, I bought a psx when it first came out solely to play Ridge.

Hmmm emulated Ridge, my nice leather chair, and my Sidewinder FF wheel = what nakey said.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭bugs

R.Belmont is distributing the system11 emu for someone else, i've had it for about 3 months or so now.

Its ok , but gives garbled gfx in tekken 1 and 2, soul edge works fine apart from the lack of sound and controller support.
    Its still in alpha and from what it runs, (an no ridge racer is not part of its emulated romset) it runs really well.

CPS3 is being looked at by RAZ at cps2shock, but as per usual its not likely that it will ever really become a real project as cps3 runs off a cd, so roms would need to be copied CD's..... etc.
    CD run emulation is not particularly popular, its difficult and getting the roms is none to easy either.

As far as system11 goes , it covers alot more games than the current 5 or so the emu covers, most importantly tekken tag tournament...... i've been told you can expect a proper public release nearer the summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭bugs

Originally posted by LoGiE
    I mentioned that cps 3 emu in another post and it's a fake.... some twat with adobe photoshop:D :D

On an interestin note impact also supports ZN-2 hardware ( basicaly playstation'n'arcade which means we'll be lookin at strider 2 and the like as well as the game's mentioned by kyro IT'S ALL GOOD!!:D :D

No you won't, impact is a separate emulator.
    System11 is being developed by someone completely different.
    The news is just being maintained on impact's old site.

The strider 2 emu was scraped, it was originally going to be the further update on impact but due to rom beggers and assh0les in the emu community, yet another emu designer scraped the idea so for the time being we won't be seeing that either.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 2,965 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoGiE

Correct impact has been discontinued as well as the emu you mentioned but ZINC{see my other post}supports all the games impact supported INCLUDING Strider 2 and others

• Advertisement
Advertisement