Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

RetroGet Slodown 3?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭alpahaeagle

I started selling mine a couple of years ago but I am slowly replacing the consoles I sold then, but at a lot slower pace. Have less cash and more bills, also the price of items is mad....
    I mean @ 5 years ago I got an Atari 1040st, Amiga1200+Amstrad cpc464 with green screen an a bag full of of gamers for @70 euros.

Its gone to dear now.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,526 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I still have nightmares about selling the Nuon... and failing to buy it back :(

• Registered Users Posts: 34,370 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

I don't think I've ever actually sold a gaming item and then bought it back. Once it's gone, it's gone :D

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭alpahaeagle

I still have your Dragon 32 if you want????

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,526 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I still have your Dragon 32 if you want????

That's quite alright.
    You can hang onto that one!

• Advertisement

This year though, I'm not sure if there are any systems that are outstanding in my collection.
    If the Raspberry Pi people bring out a RPi4 or similar, I will upgrade the one in the cab.
    Turbo Duo... perhaps.
    I'd love a Dev Playstation

this

Playstation_Blue_Developer_Console.jpg

not this

people_dev.png

or the Net Yaroze one

yarozekit.JPG,

or both!

Master of the Universe

A black Net Yaroze would be the business! Always wanted one of them.

I'm considering getting my AES going again sometime this year. My MVS > AES adapter is still throwing up glitches, but I see you can now get an Everdrive type thing for it.

There's a catch though (as always with AES!) its 450 euro :eek::eek:

It looks so pretty though!

NEOSD_AES.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,717 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Ya its nice and pricey alright, sure you could almost buy 1 AES game for €450 :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,778 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

The Net Yaroze was 450 pounds or something on release but I heard Sony never charged anyone that ordered them. Nice cheap region free PS1 at the time 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 4,211 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    This year though, I'm not sure if there are any systems that are outstanding in my collection.
    If the Raspberry Pi people bring out a RPi4 or similar, I will upgrade the one in the cab.
    Turbo Duo... perhaps.
    I'd love a Dev Playstation

this

Playstation_Blue_Developer_Console.jpg

Just $375 and some freight forwarding fun - linky
    NTSC but...
    • Region free
    • Could swap in a PAL PSU from a similar version...wait, external PSU and a closer look its a switching PSU so will work fine in Europe
    • Use a RGB cable for video
    FUN!

• Advertisement

It's a lovely thing of loveliness, but I won't be spending those bucks on it!
    I recall one sitting on the floor of Mick's office in Gamesworld HQ back in the day, I definitely had a major want on me for it, but never asked, being a gentleman!

Master of the Universe

I'd much rather the aesthetics of the black Yaroze one, would go nice with a black PS2 Test :)

Edit - about about this, PS3 test kit for 133 pounds! Not bad.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Playstation-3-PS3-TEST-console-DECHJ00A-debugging-Dev-kit-Plays-6-disc-types/253336609789?hash=item3afc09e3fd:g:mf4AAOSwLnBX5aOA

• Registered Users Posts: 4,211 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    It's a lovely thing of loveliness, but I won't be spending those bucks on it!
    I recall one sitting on the floor of Mick's office in Gamesworld HQ back in the day, I definitely had a major want on me for it, but never asked, being a gentleman!

There is always time to ask :)

KeRbDoG wrote: »
    There is always time to ask :)

Ha!

No, there's a birthday budget!

Besides, I'm currently amassing the fundage for an un-retro PSVR.

Fingers crossed I'll be cross-eye'd and happy in the not too distant future

• Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Things slowed down for me the past while aswell, well that being said I did still manage to get a new pinball last year

All my money was going into the converting my garage into my games room and saving for my wedding.

Now that the wedding is in the books I'll have a lot more free cash to spend on all the plastic things I dont need. Already picked up a copy of Death and Return of Superman on the MD. Trip to IKEA in the new few weeks for some more billy bookcases so I can get my displays sorted out.

By the end of the year I have a few goals which are well within my reach.

Finish the games room 100%
    Get another pin and restore what ones I have
    Complete the MK II cab restore
    Get all my consoles hooked up with good cables to my crt

Also have to get my whole house wired up with security cameras and some alarms but thats not retro :D

Advertisement