Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Videogame ads from 72 to 96

Options
  • 19-12-2017 11:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,183 ✭✭✭

This came from reddit, but though I'd repost here.

This guy put together an album of all the video games ads he could find from 1972 to 1996: https://imgur.com/a/gPEEe

Comments

The MASH pyjamas are class!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,303 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

this actually made me flashback to a desktop game I had years ago that was even crap in the 80's :)

can pick one up for €28 but even at that price it's too much :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

It looks like one of those calculator games!

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭yermanoffthetv

I love old marketing ads, cheesy,risqué, bizarre. Everything is so homogenized and formulaic now in comparison.For me I think it peaked around the early 90s.

455fa36c2bf4a3def418d05e32e3728b--retro-ads-vintage-advertisements.jpg

introducing-the-sado-genesis-photo-u1?w=650&q=60&fm=jpg&fit=crop&crop=faces

1a7eabb3f34e4a9678bea74fa9378eb7.jpg

unfortunately the Stevie Wonder one is a fake :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭yermanoffthetv

Skerries wrote: »
    unfortunately the Stevie Wonder one is a fake :D

Haha thats a shame. I wish some of the Sega ads were fake! what they got away with around the time of the megadrive was scandalous :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,180 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

Haha thats a shame. I wish some of the Sega ads were fake! what they got away with around the time of the megadrive was scandalous :D

BEpCuSo_d.jpg

oytot91vxpemzlptnrka.jpg

real picture

Advertisement