Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Newspapers at thew National library

• 08-06-2013 4:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭

I recently went into the National library for the first time in over a year, in order to look up and print off an item from the Irish Times, mid-20th century.

I was delighted to see that, unlike on my previous visits, the Irish Times and other microfilms are on open access, which meant no more having to fill in order dockets and sit there waiting for an attendant to come with the film rolls.

The procedure for getting a printout was not so successful in my view. This now involves being given direct access to a scanner-printer which in my opinion is too advanced for use by readers. Unsurprisingly, the member of staff in that room was driven demented trying to help us users with our printouts.

When it comes to printing out, I would therefore prefer to see a reversion to the previous practice of filling out a docket and paying a fee, and collecting the printout or having it posted.

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,338 Mod ✭✭✭✭convert

Why are you posting your complaint here? Surely you'd be better bringing it to the attention of the NLI by writing to/emailng them?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭Boulevardier

Perhaps, but I had quite a lively thread on a related topic about a year ago, so I thought this might be of interest; also, I was hoping to see if anyone agreed (or otherwise) with what I said.

Advertisement