Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Did Trump serve in Vietnam?

Options
  • 23-03-2019 7:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,190 ✭✭✭

Wouldn't he be of an age to have served? He denigrates McCain for being captured. I wonder how he himself would have coped?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,405 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭force eleven

He doesn't play tennis I believe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

bobbyss wrote: »
    Wouldn't he be of an age to have served? He denigrates McCain for being captured. I wonder how he himself would have coped?

www.google.com

Would have been quicker than starting a thread to ask a question.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭prinzeugen

www.google.com

But Google does not answer that question. If you believe everything on Google then you are an idiot.

From the info I have seen, President Orange had daddy pay a doctor to say he had "bone spurs".

The fat orange bollox bought his way into and out of ****. Agent Orange (aka Trump Jr) also had his future "paid for"

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭judeboy101

He went through his own Vietnam, dodging AIDS in sexually fueled 1980's

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭jpfahy

Bill Clinton dodged the draft too don’t forget

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

jpfahy wrote: »
    Bill Clinton dodged the draft too don’t forget

So did Muhammad Ali.. Coward?.. I don't think so.
    “Why should they ask me to put on a uniform and go 10,000 miles from home and drop bombs and bullets on Brown people in Vietnam while so-called Negro people in Louisville are treated like dogs and denied simple human rights? No I’m not going 10,000 miles from home to help murder and burn another poor nation simply to continue the domination of white slave masters of the darker people the world over. This is the day when such evils must come to an end. I have been warned that to take such a stand would cost me millions of dollars. But I have said it once and I will say it again. The real enemy of my people is here. I will not disgrace my religion, my people or myself by becoming a tool to enslave those who are fighting for their own justice, freedom and equality. If I thought the war was going to bring freedom and equality to 22 million of my people they wouldn’t have to draft me, I’d join tomorrow. I have nothing to lose by standing up for my beliefs. So I’ll go to jail, so what? We’ve been in jail for 400 years.”

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,111 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Somehow I don't think Trump was too bothered about the brown or yellow people.
    Plus Ali was of the religion of peace. Trump's yuge brain would have exploded at that, though at least he wasn't an Hispanic rapist.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,490 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

bobbyss wrote: »

No, he was born in 1973 in Peru.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭mattser

The Trumpophobes are very touchy this morning. Why would that be ?
    Oh wait...............

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

How many (famous) really rich people or their children actually went to vietnam by being drafted?

Personally, if my sons could be gotten out of going to war Id help them. (assuming they havnt chosen to join the army)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,433 ✭✭✭touts

Trump really really wanted to do the Vietnam war but he had bone spurs. So medically he couldn't do it. Very disapointed. Very. But let me tell you after the war was over he had the best ever recovery from bone spurs. The best. Never been a better one in medical history. Can't even see the bone spurs in modern medical scans. They are healed. Completely. Many, many doctors say it's amazing and unbelievable how good a recovery it was. Genuine miracle. Bigley.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,190 ✭✭✭bobbyss

I prefer to have a conversation.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,356 ✭✭✭corner of hells

It's remarkable that a proud neutral country would ever criticise someone for not fighting in a pointless war on the other side of world.

It wasn't world war 2. It was Vietnam. Fuk everyone who thinks the Americans who fought with the South are worthy of praise. Ali didn't fight here and he's a hero for that.

Go read about My Lai.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

His Dad was a Klan member.

They were sort of like the armed wing of the Democratic Party at one point.

At least that man served in some form.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭Tuco88

Trumpy don't surf...

mattser wrote: »
    Oh wait...............

Intelligence.

It's like a morgue over on the big site. Tens of thousands of posts gone up in smoke.

• Advertisement

Would anyone here criticise their parents for not killing Vietnamese people?

This imported military praise is repugnant. There are valid wars, there is peacekeeping, and there's mindless shlte like Vietnam was.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Oh wait...............

Are we meant to guess the missing sentence?

Are we meant to guess the missing sentence?

Be my guest

• Registered Users Posts: 15,742 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Interestingly, the US is now a go-between, normalising strained relations between China and Vietnam, formerly allies during the war.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Be my guest

Nah, I give up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

Many believe George W Bush dodged the draft by joining the Texas ANG... I mean Trump you coward. I did it right?

Nah, I give up

Clue......The people of the Amazonian rain forests are probably discussing it over breakfast ;)
    Don't give up so easily.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,999 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Mod

Think this is better suited in Celebrities & Showbiz, please have a look at their charter before posting

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement