Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CAD printing too light

• 22-01-2019 11:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭

Have CAD dwg (2019). Inserted xref is printing so light cannot see it.
    Text in this drawing is also very light. Basically no pen weights are working.

When other machines print same dwg it appears perfect.

Prints to .pdf perfect and can send to plotter this way but long winded way of doing it.

I have inserted .ctb file from other machine in case my settings were changed but same result which is why I think it is a CAD setting on my machine.

I also did a copy paste of the entire dwg into new file but no difference.

Anyone any idea as driving me nuts:mad: There is a SETVAR somewhere and I can't find it.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 44 stevie_d

Just wondering how the xref behaves independent of the document you imported into,

What version of .dwg 2019 too?

Have you tried opening it as it's own file?

Does it still print same?

My thoughts are that here is something going on in xref,

I don't know, does Xref inherit all settings of parent
    Best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 5,615 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Have a look at the layer the xref is on and see if in layer properties for that layer if the line weight is set to aparticular width, or printing colour is set for that layer.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭sickle

Also check transparency setting of the layer the xref on, when printing make sure the 'plot transparency' option is unchecked.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭rayjdav

People,
    Had checked all the above. Has to be a corrupt Architect file that I have x-reffed in doing something to something :confused::confused:

Have decided to Bind in files and go that way. As soon as I do bets the site plan will change......:D

Thanks for comments.

Advertisement