Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boardsies Best Song of the 60s

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,755 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Necro have you been copying my homework again?

:D

I've noticed we have moderately similar tastes with the exception of Eminem :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 30,307 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

Necro wrote: »
    :D

I've noticed we have moderately similar tastes with the exception of Eminem :pac:

Well you can't be as perfect as me I suppose:p:D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,385 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Match 25: You Keep Me Hanging On - The Supremes
    Match 26: Suspicious Minds - Elvis
    Match 27: House of the Rising Sun - The Animals

Match 28: Crying - Roy Orbison

Match 29: Mursheen Durkan - Johnny McEvoy
    Match 30: Baby Please Don't Go - Them
    Match 31: Catch the Wind - Donovan
    Match 32:You'll Never Walk Alone - Gerry and the Pacemakers

Well you can't be as perfect as me I suppose:p:D

Mustang - anyone who has witnessed a walrus round these parts knows that Necro has awful taste in music, I would be distancing myself from any comparison

Having said that I do like a bit a lot of Johnny Cash

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,247 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Necro wrote: »
    Hello, I'm Johnny Cash

• Registered Users Posts: 14,811 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Match 25: Ring of Fire - Johnny Cash v You Keep Me Hanging On - The Supremes v Piece of My Heart - Janis Joplin

Match 26: Suspicious Minds - Elvis v Matthew and Son - Cat Stevens

Match 27: House of the Rising Sun - The Animals v Hush - Deep Purple (my nomination)

Match 28: Paperback Writer - The Beatles v Crying - Roy Orbison v Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow - The Shirelles

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,755 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Green&Red wrote:
    Mustang - anyone who has witnesses a walrus round these parts knows that Necro has awful taste in music, I would be distancing myself from any comparison

Look it isn't me that's got the awful taste it's the rest of youse with your indie obsessions :P

• Registered Users Posts: 14,811 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Match 29: Respect - Aretha Franklin v Mursheen Durkan - Johnny McEvoy
    Match 30: Jefferson Airplane - White Rabbit v Baby Please Don't Go - Them
    Match 31: The Sound of Silence - Simon and Garfunkel v Catch the Wind - Donovan (love both of these)
    Match 32: Turn, Turn, Turn - The Byrds v You'll Never Walk Alone - Gerry and the Pacemakers ( hate Liverpool :p)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭BandMember

Match 1: Brown Eyed Girl - Van Morrison v War - Edwin Starr

Match 2: Daddy Sang Bass - Johnny Cash v You Really Got Me - The Kinks

Match 3: River Deep Mountain High - Ike and Tina Turner v Harlem Shuffle - Bob and Earl

Match 4: Get Back - The Beatles v The Hucklebuck - Brendan Bowyer

Match 5: I Wanna Be Your Dog - The Stooges v Runaway - Del Shannon

Match 6: Blowin in the Wind - Bob Dylan v Down on the Corner - Creedance Clearwater Revival

Match 7: California Dreamin - Mamas and Papas v These Days - Nico

Match 8: All You Need is Love - The Beatles v Space Oddity - David Bowie

Match 9: Paint it Black - Rolling Stones v As Tears Go By - Marianne Faithfull

Match 10: Devil in Disguise - Elvis v Jumping Jack Flash - The Rolling Stones

Match 11: Son of a Preacher Man - Dusty Springfield v White Light/White Heat - The Velvet Underground

Match 12: Mustang Sally - Wilson Pickett v You Ain't Goin Nowhere - The Byrds v Wichita Lineman - Glen Campbell

Match 13: Last Train to Clarksville - The Monkees v Time of the Season - The Zombies

Match 14: Eleanor Rigby - The Beatles v It's a Man's Man's Man's World - James Brown

Match 15: Whiter Shade of Pale - Procul Harum v Turn, Turn, Turn - Peter Seeger

Match 16: Ode to Billie Joe - Bobbie Gentry v Puff the Magic Dragon - Peter, Paul and Mary

Match 17: For What It's Worth - Buffalo Springfield v Pretty Flamingo - Manfred Mann

Match 18: Light My Fire - The Doors v Feeling Good - Nina Simone

Match 19: I want to hold your Hand - The Beatles v See Emily Play - Pink Floyd

Match 20: Stand By Me - Otis Redding v All Day and All of the Night - The Kinks

Match 21: Crazy - Patsy Cline v Walk on By - Dionne Warwick

Match 22: Crosstown Traffic - Jimi Hendrix v Somebody to Love - Jefferson Airplane

Match 23: She's not There - The Zombies v Sweet Caroline - Neil Diamond

Match 24: Helter Skelter - The Beatles v 24 Hours from Tulsa - Gene Pitney

Match 25: Ring of Fire - Johnny Cash v You Keep Me Hanging On - The Supremes v Piece of My Heart - Janis Joplin

Match 26: Suspicious Minds - Elvis v Matthew and Son - Cat Stevens

Match 27: House of the Rising Sun - The Animals v Hush - Deep Purple

Match 28: Paperback Writer - The Beatles v Crying - Roy Orbison v Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow - The Shirelles

Match 29: Respect - Aretha Franklin v Mursheen Durkan - Johnny McEvoy

Match 30: Jefferson Airplane - White Rabbit v Baby Please Don't Go - Them

Match 31: The Sound of Silence - Simon and Garfunkel v Catch the Wind - Donovan

Match 32: Turn, Turn, Turn - The Byrds v You'll Never Walk Alone - Gerry and the Pacemakers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Match 25: Piece of My Heart - Janis Joplin

Match 26: Suspicious Minds - Elvis

Match 27: House of the Rising Sun - The Animals

Match 28: Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow - The Shirelles

Match 29: Respect - Aretha Franklin

Match 32:You'll Never Walk Alone - Gerry and the Pacemakers

• Registered Users Posts: 15,371 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

Match 33: Bad Moon Rising - Creedance Clearwater Revival v Barbara Ann - Beach Boys

v

Match 34: Yesterday - The Beatles v Hey That's No Way to Say Goodbye - Leonard Cohen

v

Match 35: I Never Loved a Man - Aretha Franklin v Everlasting Love - Love Affair

v

Match 36: People are Strange - The Doors v Let's Twist Again - Chubby Checker

v

Match 33: Bad Moon Rising - Creedance Clearwater Revival v Barbara Ann - Beach Boys
    Match 34: Yesterday - The Beatles v Hey That's No Way to Say Goodbye - Leonard Cohen
    Match 35: I Never Loved a Man - Aretha Franklin v Everlasting Love - Love Affair

Match 24: Helter Skelter - The Beatles 6 v 5 24 Hours from Tulsa - Gene Pitney

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭BandMember

Match 25: Ring of Fire - Johnny Cash 4 v You Keep Me Hanging On - The Supremes 1 v Piece of My Heart - Janis Joplin 6
    Match 26: Suspicious Minds - Elvis 6 v 0 Matthew and Son - Cat Stevens
    Match 27: House of the Rising Sun - The Animals 6 v 3 Hush - Deep Purple
    Match 28: Paperback Writer - The Beatles 2 v Crying - Roy Orbison 3 v Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow - The Shirelles 5
    Match 29: Respect - Aretha Franklin 6 v 1 Mursheen Durkan - Johnny McEvoy
    Match 30: Jefferson Airplane - White Rabbit 4 v 5 Baby Please Don't Go - Them
    Match 31: The Sound of Silence - Simon and Garfunkel 6 v 0 Catch the Wind - Donovan
    Match 32:Turn, Turn, Turn - The Byrds 4 v 5 You'll Never Walk Alone - Gerry and the Pacemakers

• Match 33: Barbara Ann - Beach Boys

Match 34: Yesterday - The Beatles

Match 35: Everlasting Love - Love Affair

Match 36: Let's Twist Again - Chubby Checker

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,247 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Match 33: Bad Moon Rising - Creedance Clearwater Revival

Match 34: Hey That's No Way to Say Goodbye - Leonard Cohen

Match 35: I Never Loved a Man - Aretha Franklin

Match 36: People are Strange - The Doors

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Match 34: Yesterday - The Beatles

Match 35: Everlasting Love - Love Affair

• Registered Users Posts: 4,875 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

Match 33: Beach Boys
    Match 34: The Beatles
    Match 35: Love Affair (is this the original? I have never heard this version. Love love love this song!!!)
    Match 36: Chubby Checker (Let's Twist!!!)

• #33 CCR
    #34 Leonard Cohen
    #35 Aretha Franklin
    #36 The Doors

• Advertisement

Irish Aris wrote: »
    Match 33: Beach Boys
    Match 34: The Beatles
    Match 35: Love Affair (is this the original? I have never heard this version. Love love love this song!!!)
    Match 36: Chubby Checker (Let's Twist!!!)

No, it's not apparently. I didn't know that until today, and I nominated it!

• #28 Shirelles
    #30 Jefferson Airplane
    #32 The Byrds

Match 28: Paperback Writer - The Beatles 2 v Crying - Roy Orbison 3 v Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow - The Shirelles 6

Match 34: Yesterday - The Beatles v Hey That's No Way to Say Goodbye - Leonard Cohen still have to listen to Leonard Cohen song.
    Match 35: I Never Loved a Man - Aretha Franklin

• Registered Users Posts: 10,888 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

32 Turn turn turn

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Match 16: Ode to Billie Joe - Bobbie Gentry 4 v 6 Puff the Magic Dragon - Peter, Paul and Mary

Ode to Billie Joe getting knocked out by Puff the Motherf**king Magic Dragon is an absolute joke... Some people round here would want their heads looked at... Bloody heathens...

Otherwise, most of the songs nominated and put through are quality... Much less controversial than the previous decades tournaments... so far, anyway.

Match 33:
    Bad Moon Rising - Creedance Clearwater Revival

Match 34:
    Hey That's No Way to Say Goodbye - Leonard Cohen

Match 35:
    I Never Loved a Man - Aretha Franklin

Match 36:
    People are Strange - The Doors

Match 34: Hey That's No Way to Say Goodbye - Leonard Cohen

I’d never heard this before but I love it!

• Match 34: Hey That's No Way to Say Goodbye - Leonard Cohen

I’d never heard this before but I love it!

One of my nominations. You're welcome. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭lassykk

Match 36: People are Strange - The Doors v Let's Twist Again - Chubby Checker - Abstain - Don't like either

Video for Everlasting Love is random as anything!

Learning who sings songs I know the tune to in this thread!

Advertisement