Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

11-05-2019, 18:10   #841
ThomasFlynn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kermit.de.frog View Post
Let's be honest, the way some Irish go on about British clubs (which is embarrassing and has more than a hint of post colonial psychology with it) hardly does much to assuage the argument that a good sample of typical football supporters actually aren't the brightest.
Do the huge number of Scandinavians who obsess of the English league like the Irish also have post colonial psychology?
Advertisement
11-05-2019, 18:23   #842
SHOVELLER

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenspurs View Post
I think it is. In general.
There are a few (2-3) clubs that play good attaching football , with some skill.
The majority of teams, play hoof ball.
The facilities in most grounds are fairly grim,

Tell me why you think its not sh1te - im interested .
Tell me how you know all of this if you dont go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8-10 View Post
My team, Liverpool, have every game televised including friendlies. Rarely stuck for a stream. It's win-win for me too, either I go to the game and get one of the best atmosphere's in any sport, or I get to watch at home.

If we weren't constantly on telly I'd likely follow someone more local more regularly, I have a local LOI Div 1 team I played for underage and go to the occasional game of, but nothing beats being able to watch every single game in a season home or away
On tv

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasFlynn View Post
Do the huge number of Scandinavians who obsess of the English league like the Irish also have post colonial psychology?
No because they support their own league.

People can do what they want but seeing and hearing Irish people bleating about "their" english team while ignoring their own league is pathetic. The very ones complain about the lack of success at international level but fail to see the laughable hypocrisy of spending huge sums funding our neighbour's league.

And its alwyas the same teams that are popular. Ask a barstooler why they dont "support" macclesfield or hereford and the answer speaks volumes.

There is simply no excuse for ignoring our league. The facilities have greatly improved. Look at Tallaght as an example. The standard has also got a lot better as our results in Europe show.
(2) thanks from:
11-05-2019, 18:43   #843
8-10

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHOVELLER View Post
On tv
Yes, or in person, read my post. I doubt most LOI fans get to see every minute of every game every season. I get that either in person or on tv and feel privileged for that to be the case.

I’d hate to miss a game, when it does happen on occasion I can download the full game

Last edited by 8-10; 11-05-2019 at 21:09.
11-05-2019, 18:55   #844
Bobblehats

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCM View Post
The guuys are in trouble - thankfully - wine is on ice.
The favourites ground it out. Ah well
11-05-2019, 22:35   #845
Greyfox

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHOVELLER View Post
People can do what they want but seeing and hearing Irish people bleating about "their" english team while ignoring their own league is pathetic...There is simply no excuse for ignoring our league.
How is it pathetic when every LOI fan knows the English championship is a far superior league to anything Ireland will ever have? What makes you think anybody has the right to tell someone what they should be doing with there free time? What is someone from Tallaght doesnt like the way some Shamrock rovers fans cause trouble after a match?
Advertisement
12-05-2019, 00:48   #846
D14Rugby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyfox View Post
How is it pathetic when every LOI fan knows the English championship is a far superior league to anything Ireland will ever have? What makes you think anybody has the right to tell someone what they should be doing with there free time? What is someone from Tallaght doesnt like the way some Shamrock rovers fans cause trouble after a match?
Some LOI teams actually play better football than Championship teams that just have more money so that's why players go there even though its actually not that good football. This is pretty well established, and goes further to prove the point that if irish people gave their local teams the support they deserve every aspect or Irish football including the national team would improve.
For every time Rovers fans have caused trouble at a match there's probably 6/7 times fans of popular English teams have.

Last edited by D14Rugby; 12-05-2019 at 03:12.
Thanks from:
12-05-2019, 00:50   #847
D14Rugby

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8-10 View Post
Yes, or in person, read my post. I doubt most LOI fans get to see every minute of every game every season. I get that either in person or on tv and feel privileged for that to be the case.

I’d hate to miss a game, when it does happen on occasion I can download the full game
Don't think I've missed a minute of Rovers this season. Fairly easy to find a stream of a game, may not hove sound or good picture quality but I can get a stream of some sort if I'm not at a game.
Thanks from:
12-05-2019, 05:39   #848
blade1

Quote:
Originally Posted by D14Rugby View Post
if irish people gave their local teams the support they deserve
The team's do get the support they deserve.
12-05-2019, 06:01   #849
Kermit.de.frog

Quote:
Originally Posted by blade1 View Post
The team's do get the support they deserve.
Because their sh!te?

The people who REFUSE to support the LOI and would rather help English teams and cities have some absolute cheek to criticise the standard of their own league.

No support, no quality.

But keep being the imbecile that Manchurians and Liverpudlians laugh at as they rake it in and ponder - "why the fcuk do so many Irish support us"?

It's embarrassing and pathetic.

To the other poster:

It is 100% a post colonial mentality.

"They are fundamentally better and bigger than us and thus everything is just better and we MUST support their teams and **** over our own, we'll never be good enough...blah, blah, blah"

Last edited by Kermit.de.frog; 12-05-2019 at 06:12.
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
12-05-2019, 06:07   #850
RobMc59

Quote:
Because their sh!te?

The people who REFUSE to support the LOI and would rather help English teams and cities have some absolute cheek to criticise the standard of their own league.

No support, no quality.

But keep being the imbecile that Manchurians and Liverpudlians laugh at as they rake it in and ponder - why the fcuk do so many Irish support us?

It's embarrassing and pathetic.
I disagree ,Liverpool and Everton supporters consider Irish supporters the same as themselves.

Last edited by RobMc59; 12-05-2019 at 06:11.
12-05-2019, 06:12   #851
blade1

Seems like a lot of begrudery from LOI fans here.
12-05-2019, 06:17   #852
Kermit.de.frog

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobMc59 View Post
I disagree ,Liverpool and Everton supporters consider Irish supporters the same as themselves.
You are wired to the moon if you seriously believe that.

They are laughing at you. They take your money and "support". They don't give a damn beyond that.
12-05-2019, 06:40   #853
RobMc59

Quote:

They are laughing at you. They take your money and "support". They don't give a damn beyond that.
I live on Merseyside and have supported Everton all my life.
12-05-2019, 06:47   #854
blade1

Quote:

Just look at the Sean Cox situation.
Yeah nobody gave a damn about him
Thanks from:
12-05-2019, 06:51   #855
Kermit.de.frog

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobMc59 View Post
I live on Merseyside and have supported Everton all my life.
Well then your commentary here is irrelevant. You live there. So you support your local team or one in your city.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion