Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

10-11-2019, 21:26   #1
Victor

Ever Get The Feeling Film Trailers Are All The Same?

Advertisement
10-11-2019, 21:31   #2
Slydice

Hold on.. a trailer made by a Disney Company is similar to a trailer made by a Disney Company?

Shocked I am!

but in answer to the question.. are all trailers the same..

Good LOL No!
11-11-2019, 20:14   #3
SKITLZ

What really grinds my gears is when the trailer is like 90+ seconds long, you can see 80% of the plot and then they also throw a bunch of spoilers into it.

Disney have made 3 traliers of Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker, each is at at least 120 seconds long and with different content. I've watched 6 minutes of the movie already. I just couldn't resist to watch the trailer of my favorite franchise.

Can't trailers be like within 60 seconds long?
12-11-2019, 00:07   #4
Victor

Yeah, I've avoided the trailers after the spoiler in the first one.
12-11-2019, 00:09   #5
rtron

Let it go man
Advertisement
12-11-2019, 01:28   #6
Victor

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtron View Post
Let it go man
That's cold, so cold.
12-11-2019, 10:36   #7
Culchie_85

What I really don't understand is how effective Hollywood studios are in ruining a movie with a 2.5 minute trailer before a movie.

Even films I wouldn't have any inclination to go and see are ruined completely by the trailer, I don't watch trailers online but go to the cinema a lot and sometimes encounter them.

What happened to less is more? Is that way of thinking "the more I show the average cinema goer in a trailer the more likely they are assured it's a decent movie to go and see?"
Thanks from:
13-11-2019, 00:45   #8
Tony EH

"In a world gone mad..."

Seriously, you should have been around in the 80's. Nearly every trailer was even voiced by the same guy for god's sake.
Thanks from:
14-11-2019, 10:10   #9
razorblunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony EH View Post
"In a world gone mad..."

Seriously, you should have been around in the 80's. Nearly every trailer was even voiced by the same guy for god's sake.
"No... I like it here".

The adverts on radios for movies is even more bizarre. A bit like trying to advertise a scent on television. It really can't be done.

You end up getting some sort of out of context "action" quote e.g. Big Short had "let's go" type phrases to make it sound like an Ocean's 11 heist movie.
Any middle age rom-com advert takes the lead character saying something funny followed by over the top guffawing. See its a comedy .... they laugh you laugh... spend money.
Advertisement
14-11-2019, 10:34   #10
Tony EH

14-11-2019, 10:37   #11
Homelander

A lot of trailers now seem to be mini-synopsis of the movie, it's incredibly irritating and I try avoid any trailers or even 'teasers' for movies I want to see for that reason.

I have to say though, most recently, the trailer for 'Joker' was an example of how to do it right. Compelling, captivating, whilst giving pretty much nothing away about the narrative of the movie.

Worst in recent memory was Terminator Genisys. They actually had a major spoiler in the ****ing trailer, literally akin to Darth Vader saying "No, I am your father" in a trailer for Empire Strikes Back.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion