Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Forum Closed  

21-11-2012, 11:05   #1
xpletiv

Extremely poor quality items received.

Dear Sir/madam.

I made a rather large purchase from you just before Halloween, which was very expensive, for several items. Two items in particular were of extremely poor quality.

#1 - Batman Outfit - http://www.thecostumeshop.ie/costume...ht-batman.html
This is my first and the larger gripe; this quality, for the price paid, was appalling. First, the 'cowl', which was attached to the cape (note doesnt say that anywhere on your site) was extremely mishapen and sewn together extremely poorly. The top part of the cowl's centre stiching was a whole inch away from the centre of the mask part. This made the item quite uncomfortable to wear as the stitching was so out of place. As well as this, this had an impact on the 'ears' which were flimsy at best, made of flimsy material.
Second, the chest piece was very out of shape. Im not a slim guy, and this thing was swimming on me. I had also purposely purchased a medium to make sure it fit snuggly, and yet the item was enormous. I cehcked to see if it in fact was a large, but no, it said medium. Sizing was awful.
Thirdly, this costume was absurd with no pocket holes or even a zipper, requiring it to be removed every time a bathroom was needed or something from your pockets.
This purchase, which cost €56, was of absolutely appalling quality.
#2 - Dick Dastardly Costume - http://www.thecostumeshop.ie/costume...y-costume.html
This was not my costume but held further disappointment from the person that used it. The size purchased was XL, and yet was very snug on the person. This made it need to be worn open, which is obviously not the aim of the costume.
On top of this, the Hat did not stand up on its own at ALL, even after trying to iron it into shape.
Thirdly, the moustache; this was awful. It was stick on, which meant that it lost its stickiness pretty quickly with any kind of liquid/sweat near it, rendering it useless.
These 3 issues combined seriously led to an issue with the costume; the hat was pointless as it could not stand up, the coat was too small, and the moustache was ruined instantly.

I was extremely disappointed this Halloween due to these costumes, and expected a LOT more for the prices paid. These two costumes came to over €100. It was a shame, as the other items in the order were pretty good and did not cost near as much.

Hopefully we can come to some kind of arrangement as these items were of very poor quality. I am considering making a chargeback on my card to the cost of these items due to the astounding poor quality and lack of information on your website in regards to the items received.
21-11-2012, 16:04   #2
TheCostumeShop.ie: Ronan
Verified representative

Hi Xpletiv,

Very sorry to hear you were unhappy with some of the items you purchased. Unfortunately when it comes to licensed products such as the two items mentioned below, we can only buy these items in from whichever manufacturer has paid the most for the license holders rights to manufacturer and as such the prices can be higher than unbranded goods especially when there is a recent film release etc. I wonder if the difference between the items that you did like we're the unlicensed ones.

On the sizes, it's the first complaint I've heard about re sizing of either of these particular costumes but I'll certainly let the manufacturer know and have our quality control costumes check the ones we have instock to make sure they reflect the sizes listed on the website.

We do have a proceedure for returns for items that customers do not like for various reasons once they arrive, however if a customer decides to keep and use the costumes they cannot be refunded.

Many thanks for your feedback, it's most appreciated.

Ronan
21-11-2012, 16:10   #3
xpletiv

Very well then. Shall I ask my bank to do a chargeback on the full order? How will I pay you for the other items in the order? I will still pay for those other items, but I will not pay for these above. They ruined Halloween for us.
21-11-2012, 16:19   #4
Verified representative

Hi Xpletiv,

I'm sorry you feel you don't wish to pay for the costumes which you have bought and used.

At the time when you received the costumes and decided that the quality and / or sizes did not meet your expectations, you had the option to let us know and we could have arranged to have the items returned in their original condition and refunded. Our returns policy is part of the terms and conditions under which we make sales contracts. Unfortunately since you have chosen to keep and make use of the costumes, we cannot refund you as the items would no longer be in their new condition to re-sell.
21-11-2012, 16:25   #5
xpletiv

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCostumeShop.ie: Ronan View Post
Hi Xpletiv,

I'm sorry you feel you don't wish to pay for the costumes which you have bought and used.

At the time when you received the costumes and decided that the quality and / or sizes did not meet your expectations, you had the option to let us know and we could have arranged to have the items returned in their original condition and refunded. Our returns policy is part of the terms and conditions under which we make sales contracts. Unfortunately since you have chosen to keep and make use of the costumes, we cannot refund you as the items would no longer be in their new condition to re-sell.
Hang on now, dont jump to conclusions. The Dick Dastardly was so poor that it was not usable. The costume looked terrible. The moustache was used as it had to be peeled away so thats the only part that was used but didnt actually get worn out.

Yet the Bat costume was in awful condition. It had to be given to someone else who could fit in it, it couldnt be worn for Halloween.

This was due to poor descriptions and poor manufacturing. This should have been checked and I would deem thecostumeshop.ie responsible for that quality assurance.
21-11-2012, 16:37   #6
Verified representative

If you feel the products are faulty or not fit for the purpose intended please return them in the same condition they we're sent to you in, including packaging and we can examine them for manufacturing flaws. However if the items have been used we cannot refund you.
21-11-2012, 16:39   #7
xpletiv

That is extremely poor. I am sorry but this is not the level of service that I expected at all, especially on a public forum. Basically 'too bad'.

I will be in contact with my bank so that I can come to a satisfactory conclusion.
21-11-2012, 16:57   #8
Verified representative

I'm sorry you feel that way but our terms and conditions of sale are the same whether the discussion takes place on a public forum or an email to customer service.

We do sincerely value our customers however we cannot refund customer unless the follow the returns proceedures. We have the facility for customers to purchase costumes and try them on before they decide if they would like to keep them, if customers do not want to keep them they must return them to us in order to get a refund.
21-11-2012, 17:01   #9
xpletiv

Dont worry; I'll return them.

Last edited by xpletiv; 22-11-2012 at 01:05.
21-11-2012, 17:05   #10
Verified representative

Thank you, returns form is here:

http://www.thecostumeshop.ie/returns-form.html
Forum Closed