Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Forum Closed  

27-10-2011, 20:35   #1

Customer Service at costumeshop.ie

I have to say I was incredibly disappointed and frustrated by the poor customer service I experienced this week. I ordered a costume on Monday and requested next day delivery. I needed the costume for Friday and wanted to give myself plenty of time to see if I needed to exchange it for a different size, etc. I have not received my costume. I rang on Tuesday afternoon once it became clear that it wasn't going to arrive. I spent the best part of 10minutes on hold before I eventually got to talking to somebody. They weren't overly helpful and told me to wait until I got an email saying it had been dispatched. On Wednesday I was on hold for 15minutes. This time I got a slightly more helpful woman who told me she would find the track and trace number for my costume and ring me back with it. She never did. I rang again yesterday evening and after being on hold for another 10minutes got talking to someone else who said she was pretty sure the costume had been sent but couldn't tell me where it was. Last night I emailed them outlinging how dissatisfied I was with their service and within 10minutes I received a phone call from them asking me to outline the situation. The long and short of it was that I ended up being told there was a possibility the costume would be delivered today but that she guarantee it. And they couldn't send me out another one as the vans had already left with the items to be delivered today. No costume arrived today. And as I needed the costume for tomorrow I tried to get in touch with them to cancel my order. It was only after 5 this evening that I was finally able to get talking to somebody. This person was by far the most helpful person I spoke to. She couldn't have been more apologetic and tried her best to come up with a solution. She apologised for the service I had received and was baffled by the actions, or more appropriately inactions, of the other people I spoke to. I would not be encouraged to order from them again.
27-10-2011, 22:30   #2
TheCostumeShop.ie: Ronan
Verified representative

Hi Dipsy,

Sorry to hear that. I'm am truly sorry, I have to admit we've had a challenging year. Having focused on exports and partially due to the recession everyone seems to have left ordering their halloween costumes till the last week. We took on an additional 50 people this Monday / Tuesday to cope with the last minute rush. Unfortunately there are laws prohibiting letting them work more than 45 hour weeks and it's hard to get people to sign off just for the two days that everyone wants to call in.

All of the above though is not an excuse, I sincerely apologise for the experience you've had and will do everything i can to fix it.

What was your order ID?
27-10-2011, 22:37   #3

I appreciate the reply. I can understand that this is a very busy week for you and that there is a big surge in orders and calls, but I don't feel that this is any reason for the lack of information and help I received. My order number was 106751 but while on the phone this evening I cancelled the order as it was for tomorrow I needed it and it wouldn't be any good to me arriving lat. I would appreciate though if you could tell me whether or not the item was shipped in the first place and was with the courier?
27-10-2011, 23:46   #4
Verified representative

Yes it was with the courier but it seems to have been mis-directed and ended up on the wrong side of the country. We've recalled it now and your refund has been put through.

Apologies once again.
28-10-2011, 15:47   #5

Hi costume shop.ie, it appears that at your busiest time of year you are unable to deal with the pressure! You should not claim provide express next day delivery as this has not happened. I ordered a costume last Monday for express delivery on tuesday and it still has not arrived! I emailed ur customer service the next day and was asked to ring the courier company myself...to that extent I could not get through to them either, and in order to track the parcel online I need a tracking number. I since emailed your customer service back to provide a tracking number and have had no reply! I have also emailed daily to enquire about my item as still no delivery....and guess what....there is still no reply!!! Oh but it was very convenient for you guys to take payment for the items I havnt received... when I checked my bank account the money was gone to you guys! Now I am just waitin to hear back about my refund, as I am so annoyed with your service! I understand that it is a recession and people are ordering last minute but you should not make promises that you cannot keep, that is shameful!! And to think your working sat and sun to get through all the orders I think is a complete sham, you probably know we that people will order from you and not get their delivery on time! Now I've no costume to wear thanks to your crappy company! My order number was 106735, just in case you happen to be sitting in your office browsing through these threads not working and can do something about this! Oh and your telephone service is terrible too, waiting for ages to be put through to someone, listening to some hidious classical music and then having to hang up cos it appears no one is going to answer the phone! Disastrous is all I can say!
28-10-2011, 16:47   #6
Verified representative

Hi Odean, Customer support will try to call you again shortly.
28-10-2011, 17:02   #7

Hi costume shop.ie, it appears that at your busiest time of year you are unable to deal with the pressure! You should not claim provide express next day delivery as this has not happened. I ordered a costume last Monday for express delivery on tuesday and it still has not arrived! I emailed ur customer service the next day and was asked to ring the courier company myself...to that extent I could not get through to them either, and in order to track the parcel online I need a tracking number. I since emailed your customer service back to provide a tracking number and have had no reply! I have also emailed daily to enquire about my item as still no delivery....and guess what....there is still no reply!!! Oh but it was very convenient for you guys to take payment for the items I havnt received... when I checked my bank account the money was gone to you guys! Now I am just waitin to hear back about my refund, as I am so annoyed with your service! I understand that it is a recession and people are ordering last minute but you should not make promises that you cannot keep, that is shameful!! And to think your working sat and sun to get through all the orders I think is a complete sham, you probably know we that people will order from you and not get their delivery on time! Now I've no costume to wear thanks to your crappy company! My order number was 106735, just in case you happen to be sitting in your office browsing through these threads not working and can do something about this! Oh and your telephone service is terrible too, waiting for ages to be put through to someone, listening to some hidious classical music and then having to hang up cos it appears no one is going to answer the phone! Disastrous is all I can say!

My order number is 110550 i have had the same experience as the man above.Could i go to portlaoise and pick it up if you have it there?
28-10-2011, 17:49   #8
Verified representative

Quote:
Originally Posted by warren o shea View Post

My order number is 110550 i have had the same experience as the man above.Could i go to portlaoise and pick it up if you have it there?
Hi Warren,

It is our busy time but still 98% of our parcels are delivered on time. In your case the courier was not able to deliver due to someone not being home and uncontactable on the number provided. Eventually your neighbour at no. 93 agreed to take the parcel today. I've PM'd you your tracking to verify the above.
28-10-2011, 18:03   #9
betting fool

Order number is 113672

Please advise a tracking number, on hold 19 minutes now. I got no call on my number and there was someone in my house all day.

Any update??
28-10-2011, 18:18   #10

Ronan, nobody from your customer service has tried ringing me full stop! Now I am preparing to work a full night shift and you can bet we are under real pressure there! Your website should say...'hopefully we can deliver on time...but don't count on it at Halloween'! I should have known better
28-10-2011, 18:28   #11
betting fool

Order received as I was on hold, wrong size mind!
28-10-2011, 19:56   #12
Verified representative

What size did you get, says a large was sent on our system? Also what was it you were calling for and can i be of help? It seems like the order wasnt behind on delivery.

Would you like a different size delivered tomorrow?
29-10-2011, 17:55   #13
betting fool

I received an xl. A bit big but it will do. Thanks for the replies anyway, I assumed I was not going to be delivered due to the time on a bank holiday Friday,

Anyway all is good now, received next day delivery and the main thing is the top is class, very happy with it,

Cheers
24-10-2012, 17:27   #14
brichards

Their customer service is a joke...and quite insulting !!

Ordered a costume from them on Monday 22 October stating quite clearly it was needed before Thursday.
Wednesday came with no sign of the costume being delivered so I decided to contact the Costume Shop to chase my order...
On speaking to one of their representatives, I was informed the costume I had ordered was still on the shelf gathering dust in the warehouse, despite the order status on their website stating it was out with the courier.
I was then informed the only way I could get the costume in time was to drive from Dublin to Port Laoise and collect it myself !!!
I then asked to Speak to a Manager...
The manager I spoke to was Sean, and he assured me the order was not on the shelf but had been sent out and that he would get it to me today without fail....

A little while later I received a call from a Senior Manager, Rachel, who informed me that my order had "become lost in transit" with the courier and there was no way to trace it.
Once again I'm told I can collect it from Port Laoise...and as an apology I'll be refunded the shipping cost (big deal since I'd have to collect it) plus a €15 discount on the costume.
I asked if she thought €15 was adequate compensation for having to take a half-day off work, and drive 200+ Kilometers to collect something they failed to deliver on time ?
She replied..."I don't know...I don't drive very much"
They didn't even offer to get another sent by courier...I had to ask them and was told their courier company cannot do same day delivery and they will not use any other company !!!

I then recieved yet another call, this time from a lady called Christine who said she was calling to fix the problem, but in fact she just made it far, far worse !
She spoke over both myslef and my partner on the phone, and refused to listen to what we were saying.
She refuted it was even possible to collect the costume and I should never have been offered the option to collect it.
She belittled the fact my partner was upset, because the costume we ordered for our 4 year old son wouldn't be here in time.
Not long into the call, she then tried to palm me off to someone else...I refused to allow her to just dump us because she didn't like our complaint and she asked me to hold... which I did..and then she hung up on me !!!
Shows just how much The Costume Shop Management care about their customers.

Totally incompetent and useless...the worst customer service I have ever encountered in this country.
This company doesn't care...they'll take your money then hang up the phone on you.

Shop elsewhere !!!

Last edited by brichards; 24-10-2012 at 17:29.
24-10-2012, 21:34   #15
Verified representative

Hi Brichards,

You placed the order Monday with 1-3 day delivery, so it was due for delivery tomorrow (Thursday) but you made a note saying that you expected delivery sooner than the delivery option that you paid for, which we tried to accomidate. Unfortunately there was a problem and the courier lost the parcel and we apologise for that and issued a full refund. Like many businesses we do not have a policy of compensating for customers beyond a full refund.

There are no couriers that do same day deliveries from Portlaoise to Dublin and we could have had an alternative delivered with in the agreed time frame which you paid for, which was delivery by end of day Thursday. We are sorry this did not meet your buying expectations.

I'm very sorry you are unhappy with our service and feel that we don't care about our customers.
Forum Closed