Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Forum Closed  

31-10-2009, 11:25   #46
blahblah06

I understand you were under pressure but Im just posting my bad experiences. You know yourself a few more people have had bad experiences which we appreciate your tried to sort out but you have to take the good with the bad. If we were told straight away that sorry the item was not sent to the courier in dublin but we are sending a guy in a car up to deliver it specially that would have been great.

If im right someone on here got a call from a girl in your office stating that it was being sent up in a car because she didnt know were the orignal was, but how can you say fastway attempted delivery thursday and then say it would only be sent back to you after 7 attempts on delivery so tell me how did you get it back to your warehouse so quick or did it simply not get sent?

thats all I wanna know

ps if you wanted to confirm with the driver ask him he knows who I was I was dressed up in my rambo costume waiting for him to bring my girlfriends part of the package.
31-10-2009, 11:31   #47
blahblah06

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fancy Dresser View Post
@blahblah

Courier costs will be refunded if they Fastway couriers mis-directed your parcel, lost it or something like that. Incases where several delivery attempts were made by the company and they could not make contact, the courier still gets paid and we refund the costume price.
so postage of 4.50 euro will be refunded (half of original postage) now or will you try and say that it was not mis-directed and 7 delivery attempts were made
31-10-2009, 12:29   #48
blahblah06

just to add back from the post office I chose to use parcel post with tracking at a cost of 6.50 normal postage was 6. I put the receipt in with the package and retrun note stating I would request 4.50 refunded for half the orignal postage.

Thank god thats all over for another year
31-10-2009, 12:57   #49
TheCostumeShop.ie: Ronan
Verified representative

Thanks mate,

Mark it for my attention will you so we get it sorted for you.
31-10-2009, 12:57   #50
daveyie84

I got my costume this afternoon but it was still two days late. At least I have it for tonight. Thanks Fancy Dresser, appreciate your help. Wish I could say the same for the courier service you hired...
31-10-2009, 13:17   #51
blahblah06

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fancy Dresser View Post
Thanks mate,

Mark it for my attention will you so we get it sorted for you.
didnt even think of doing that sorry Its in brown paper wrapping if thats any use. prob arrive on tuesday. would you like me to pm u the tracking details so u can keep on top if it when it arrives.
31-10-2009, 13:26   #52

Costume shop

The system they run is a joke ordered my costume wednesday and its not arrived rang fastway they cant do anything as the driver who was givn the packages doesnt even work for fastway he is a contractor as such ridiclous...fancy dress party tonight in my house and we have no costumes. GREAT would not recommend this site what so ever.

Also what sort or costume shop closes on halloween the busiest day of the year no business sense wat so ever
31-10-2009, 14:43   #53
Verified representative

@davyie Thanks, glad your costume arrived eventually.

@blahblah06 No worries i'll keep an eye out for you.

@BABYG Were an online store, not a physical shop. All packages have been sent out with the couriers so there really is nothing that anyone could do from here since the courier offices are closed on a Saturday. Also to have people in work today would have meant not having absolutely everyone that works here doing a double shift yesterday, humanly it's not possible to do anymore than we have don't. You are entitled to a refund.
31-10-2009, 14:54   #54
alicaffrey

Fancy:
Do not try and fob us all off with lies.
All the costumes that got delivered late last night where in North County Dublin.
Not 1 of us got a phone call or a knock on the door.
I have been in my house since wed as I am on holidays in work.
I will be looking for a refund on the priorty shipping.
P.S I asked the lad in the car did he work for thecosumeshop or fastway and he told me NO. That he is just doing them (costumeshop) a favor as there was hundreds of costumes to be delivered.
PLus his reg was a offaly reg.
Do not try and make us out like fools as it is bad enough the way we where treated.
I can only imagine these forums next year with the warnings about your company!!!
31-10-2009, 15:37   #55
Verified representative

Ali I'm not lying to you, with the greatest respect, the driver isn't being paid by TheCostumeShop he's paid by a guy who owns a Fastway franchise. We aren't a delivery company we simply sell costumes and give them to the delivery company to send out. Its up to them to get the parcels out and they can hire whoever they need to get the job done. You must understand the difference here and that we are doing are utmost for our customers, as i speak i'm writing to you from my bed - during my spare time to try and give you an explanation.

The fact still remains that 99%+ of our customers receive fast service from the courier company and we do have tens of thousands of happy customers.

Once again i apologize that you are having difficulties, you will be entitled to a refund if your costumes are unable to be delivered. With any business there is an element of human error and we are aware that on occassions customer are on their phones so the couriers can't get through etc and also that some courier drivers are less reliable than others. Obviously there is no incentive for us not to have costumes delivered on time as we ended up incurring costs and refunding the customers.

If the costume doesn't arrive today you will be entitled to a refund and with buying anything that requires delivery, unfortunately delivery as it says on the terms and conditions (that you ticked that you read and agreed to when buying) no delivery service is 100% all the time.
31-10-2009, 15:45   #56
Lorelei

Deliveries

I'm suprised Fastway havent commented on this - possibly they are not aware.

I was a Fastway sales rep and use them myself following comments
1.Over 90% of Ireland including the North is covered on next day service.Areas not coverered are remote parts of the west 2 - 3 day serivice.
2. There is no express service offered by Fastway.
3. Couriers are franchisees who need to know their area before being given a franchise and tend to cover parts of their area at least once a week.
4 To be accepted as a franchisee your van must be a certain minimum size.
5. Your van must have fastway signage on
6. When your parcel is collected the tracking number is on the ticket and the counterfoil this can be followed on the track and trace part of the fastway web site which is www.fastway.ie

I deliver stuff throughout Ireland and have no problems, my customers are sent tracking number with confirmation of dispatch. I also receive goods from UK which is a 2-3 dayn service.
01-11-2009, 15:24   #57

-----FANCY DRESSER-----

With all due respect i feel you have robbed everyone in the sense that you websites boasts next day express delivery when in fact while I was trying to get my costume yesterday the very nice man in fastway couriers Alan Brady told me fastway dont offer an express delivery service at all...

My costume was ordered wednesday and still didnt arrive yesterday I had been in my house all the time or if I wasnt someone was had not one missed call and my phone is like a lifeline its never off.
Fastway had no idea who was delivering my costume as the costume shops deliveries were outsourced to temporary people obviously people from the offaly direction who dont know where there going and have to get people to meet them in thier cars etc.

before I found out fastway was your preferred courier i tried calling an post with the tracking number I was provided an post told me striaght off " YOU MUST HAVE ORDERED FROM THE COSTUME SHOP".....I said yes girl continued " I've had at least 20 phone calls today people with the FF tracking number that ordered off THE COSTUME SHOP and have the same story"

All in all i prob spent about 10 euro in phone calls trying to get hold of a guy called phillip who supposidly had my package and on hold to your office friday for at least 30 mins with no reply as after all that waiting I got cutt off.

As for your post regarding people working double shifts... Halloween is the busiest day of the year and if only to have people answering calls maybe more of us might have got our costumes.

Also your website boasted delivery 49.99 to be delivered yesterday when you couldnt even make the deliveries that were in place hope nobody gotted fooled into that scam.

What did I get for it a ruined Halloween party in my house as my boyfriend had no costume while everyone arrived dressed up mind you none of my guests did order of the costume shop so thankfully they could dress up.

First thing tomorrow morning I want the TOTAL cost of my order refunded including the "Express delivery costs" to my cc and If the fastway man comes tomorrow i shal not be signing for the package.. I will never use your company again.
01-11-2009, 19:11   #58
Verified representative

Baby we haven't robbed anyone and ofcourse your entitled to a refund. It's clearly stated that on our website that 99% of packages arrive within their given stated time frame, you have to read that section and tick the box that you agree to it to be able buy from us. Your issue is really with the third party delivery service which let you down, which we are very sorry that this happened.

If you read our site at all you'd have known that we don't use an post to send out costumes. In our experience An Post have a lower success rate for delivering than the couriers we use. An the FF number is the Invoice bar code not a tracking number. The fact that an post got 20 calls is simply a reflection on the volume of business we do nothing more.

You ordered on Wednesday night after the close of business, the costume was dispatched on Thursday for a Friday the 30th delivery. The courier had the package in his van on Friday and Saturday was unable to delivery either day, why he didn't deliver is unclear at this moment in time and very unusual.

We will recall your package from fastway in the morning and issue a refund.
02-11-2009, 10:05   #59

I just want to post on some confusion other people seem to be having.

I got a call from a guy delivering my costume at about 2pm on Saturday saying he didnt know the area so could i give directions to my place, not a problem.... although I did think it strange that a courier needed directions.

When he arrived he was in a car, I asked him was he from Fastway and he said no, his brother was, and his brother told him they had been backed up with orders and were really behind so he was getting people on board to help. HIS BROTHER said this. So it does seem that the courier company are the ones with the delay... NOT the costume shop.
Forum Closed