Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

17-10-2020, 00:55   #16
salamiii

i can understand your english
Thanks from:
Advertisement
17-10-2020, 08:40   #17
cokito1

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwordofLight View Post
Please do something about this. These types have been leeching money from people for 100s of years. He has no integrity and is taking advantage of you. If you are not going to report him, I will gladly do it for you. I'm sure there are lots of fellow Irishmen and Irishwomen who will fight to improve our country and punish those who are destroying it greedily.

You can look at the website of the local governmental authority for the area and they will guide you on the complaints procedure.

Help us clean up the country.
Will do. He wrote us again telling us that if we talk with RTB he is gonna ask for 550€ because he is having potentially losses because of our fault. We stopped answering him. We are going to fill the form today, I will update the thread as soon as RTB call me. Thanks for your support!!
17-10-2020, 08:45   #18
Graces7

Well done, and thank you! Good luck.
Thanks from:
17-10-2020, 08:48   #19
zerosugarbuzz

Quote:
Originally Posted by cokito1 View Post
Thanks for that, then I'm gonna do what you are suggesting. Yes, he is living in Ireland, he has his own company here, or that's what google says :_)
Is it a removal company?
17-10-2020, 08:50   #20
FionnK86

Good luck

Quote:
Will do. He wrote us again telling us that if we talk with RTB he is gonna ask for 550€ because he is having potentially losses because of our fault. We stopped answering him. We are going to fill the form today, I will update the thread as soon as RTB call me. Thanks for your support!!
Good luck Cokito1, I'm sorry to hear you'd a bad experience with your first landlord here.

I've rented from about 8 different landlords and they've always been professional but I think there are people who pray on foreigners because they know they are not confident in speaking English.

You're English is very good and you need to be more confident.
(3) thanks from:
Advertisement
17-10-2020, 09:00   #21
Wesser

<SNIP>

Last edited by Graham; 17-10-2020 at 09:58. Reason: mod snip
(2) thanks from:
17-10-2020, 09:25   #22
amadangomor

In your submission to the RTB make sure you mention how much you were paying for bills for that time. Request copies of the bills from him and ask for every cent back that you have overpaid on these.

For some reason that would annoy me more than the deposit. Is it fraud?
Thanks from:
17-10-2020, 09:46   #23
Darc19

<SNIP>

Last edited by Graham; 17-10-2020 at 09:59. Reason: mod snip
17-10-2020, 09:51   #24
OU812

There could actually be fire regulations being contravened here also. Particularly if he's using internal doors as front doors.

You could also report him to your local fire chief and request an inspection of the premises. They have the power to shut it down as a residence (costing him rent) in as little as two weeks, he'll then have to spend a lot of money getting it up to code and jump through hoops before being allowed to rent it again
Advertisement
17-10-2020, 18:08   #25
poker--addict

demand your money back, then report him.
17-10-2020, 18:16   #26
JustAThought

Quote:
Originally Posted by poker--addict View Post
demand your money back, then report him.
The OP has concerns about splaying his illegal activities and how revealing ‘this’ might impact on him. If someone who was not due a full deposit pulled a stunt like blackmail on me I woiod make aure all the relevant authorities were informed for all and every illegal activity disclosed. Immigration, Gaurds, Social Welfare, Revenue ; whomever.

PTRB will only deal with disputes with PTRB registered leases and regustered Ll/ tenants - it seems he wasn’t one. OP should remember that he and his life/ career/dependents/reputation will be on display and inspected publically as part of this. All of the vigalante anti landlord warriors have omitted considering this or factoring the full legal consequences in for him/her.

With regard the deposit if he has a valid complaint take it to the landlord again - there may be things both or neither have considered as damage/ bills due/ notice due etc.
17-10-2020, 18:24   #27
poker--addict

Who said they were not due the deposit back? who said he was trying to get more than he is enitled to?

It is not blackmail to ask for your deposit back, or the part you are entitled to.

There are other authorities you can report this matter with, not the PTRB. Probably the local council, H&S.
17-10-2020, 18:58   #28
Graham

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustAThought View Post
PTRB will only deal with disputes with PTRB registered leases and regustered Ll/ tenants

JustAThought, for the second time I'm going to point out you are wrong.

Tenants do not have to register or be registered.

Source: RTB
Attached Images
File Type: jpg RTB.jpg (87.8 KB, 352 views)
17-10-2020, 19:06   #29
Vestiapx

Quote:
Well, we're talking about about 500 euros that luckily I don't need, so I don't really care about the money, I'm more interested in closing the scam and getting revenge because he treated me like a fool. So I'm going to talk directly to the RTB, but I just want to make sure this won't have any legal implications for me.
Before you embark on a journey of revenge, dig two graves.
Confucius
17-10-2020, 19:08   #30
Vestiapx

Quote:
Originally Posted by amadangomor View Post
In your submission to the RTB make sure you mention how much you were paying for bills for that time. Request copies of the bills from him and ask for every cent back that you have overpaid on these.

For some reason that would annoy me more than the deposit. Is it fraud?
Is charging flat rate for gas and electricity fraud ?

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion