Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Post Reply  
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
17-10-2020, 00:55   #16
salamiii
Registered User
 
salamiii's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2020
Posts: 124
i can understand your english
salamiii is offline  
Thanks from:
Advertisement
17-10-2020, 08:40   #17
cokito1
Registered User
 
cokito1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2020
Posts: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwordofLight View Post
Please do something about this. These types have been leeching money from people for 100s of years. He has no integrity and is taking advantage of you. If you are not going to report him, I will gladly do it for you. I'm sure there are lots of fellow Irishmen and Irishwomen who will fight to improve our country and punish those who are destroying it greedily.

You can look at the website of the local governmental authority for the area and they will guide you on the complaints procedure.

Help us clean up the country.
Will do. He wrote us again telling us that if we talk with RTB he is gonna ask for 550€ because he is having potentially losses because of our fault. We stopped answering him. We are going to fill the form today, I will update the thread as soon as RTB call me. Thanks for your support!!
cokito1 is offline  
17-10-2020, 08:45   #18
Graces7
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 26,749
Well done, and thank you! Good luck.
Graces7 is offline  
Thanks from:
17-10-2020, 08:48   #19
zerosugarbuzz
Registered User
 
zerosugarbuzz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Posts: 613
Quote:
Originally Posted by cokito1 View Post
Thanks for that, then I'm gonna do what you are suggesting. Yes, he is living in Ireland, he has his own company here, or that's what google says :_)
Is it a removal company?
zerosugarbuzz is offline  
17-10-2020, 08:50   #20
FionnK86
Registered User
 
FionnK86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 944
Good luck

Quote:
Originally Posted by cokito1 View Post
Will do. He wrote us again telling us that if we talk with RTB he is gonna ask for 550€ because he is having potentially losses because of our fault. We stopped answering him. We are going to fill the form today, I will update the thread as soon as RTB call me. Thanks for your support!!
Good luck Cokito1, I'm sorry to hear you'd a bad experience with your first landlord here.

I've rented from about 8 different landlords and they've always been professional but I think there are people who pray on foreigners because they know they are not confident in speaking English.

You're English is very good and you need to be more confident.
FionnK86 is offline  
(3) thanks from:
Advertisement
17-10-2020, 09:00   #21
Wesser
Registered User
 
Wesser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 1,603
<SNIP>

Last edited by Graham; 17-10-2020 at 09:58. Reason: mod snip
Wesser is offline  
(2) thanks from:
17-10-2020, 09:25   #22
amadangomor
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 1,941
In your submission to the RTB make sure you mention how much you were paying for bills for that time. Request copies of the bills from him and ask for every cent back that you have overpaid on these.

For some reason that would annoy me more than the deposit. Is it fraud?
amadangomor is offline  
Thanks from:
17-10-2020, 09:46   #23
Darc19
Registered User
 
Darc19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Posts: 1,860
<SNIP>

Last edited by Graham; 17-10-2020 at 09:59. Reason: mod snip
Darc19 is offline  
17-10-2020, 09:51   #24
OU812
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 5,281
There could actually be fire regulations being contravened here also. Particularly if he's using internal doors as front doors.

You could also report him to your local fire chief and request an inspection of the premises. They have the power to shut it down as a residence (costing him rent) in as little as two weeks, he'll then have to spend a lot of money getting it up to code and jump through hoops before being allowed to rent it again
OU812 is offline  
Advertisement
17-10-2020, 18:08   #25
poker--addict
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 410
demand your money back, then report him.
poker--addict is offline  
17-10-2020, 18:16   #26
JustAThought
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 3,938
Quote:
Originally Posted by poker--addict View Post
demand your money back, then report him.
The OP has concerns about splaying his illegal activities and how revealing ‘this’ might impact on him. If someone who was not due a full deposit pulled a stunt like blackmail on me I woiod make aure all the relevant authorities were informed for all and every illegal activity disclosed. Immigration, Gaurds, Social Welfare, Revenue ; whomever.

PTRB will only deal with disputes with PTRB registered leases and regustered Ll/ tenants - it seems he wasn’t one. OP should remember that he and his life/ career/dependents/reputation will be on display and inspected publically as part of this. All of the vigalante anti landlord warriors have omitted considering this or factoring the full legal consequences in for him/her.

With regard the deposit if he has a valid complaint take it to the landlord again - there may be things both or neither have considered as damage/ bills due/ notice due etc.
JustAThought is offline  
17-10-2020, 18:24   #27
poker--addict
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 410
Who said they were not due the deposit back? who said he was trying to get more than he is enitled to?

It is not blackmail to ask for your deposit back, or the part you are entitled to.

There are other authorities you can report this matter with, not the PTRB. Probably the local council, H&S.
poker--addict is offline  
17-10-2020, 18:58   #28
Graham
Moderator
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 13,796
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustAThought View Post
PTRB will only deal with disputes with PTRB registered leases and regustered Ll/ tenants

JustAThought, for the second time I'm going to point out you are wrong.


Tenants do not have to register or be registered.




Source: RTB
Attached Images
File Type: jpg RTB.jpg (87.8 KB, 352 views)
Graham is online now  
17-10-2020, 19:06   #29
Vestiapx
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 205
Quote:
Originally Posted by cokito1 View Post
Well, we're talking about about 500 euros that luckily I don't need, so I don't really care about the money, I'm more interested in closing the scam and getting revenge because he treated me like a fool. So I'm going to talk directly to the RTB, but I just want to make sure this won't have any legal implications for me.
Before you embark on a journey of revenge, dig two graves.
Confucius
Vestiapx is offline  
17-10-2020, 19:08   #30
Vestiapx
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 205
Quote:
Originally Posted by amadangomor View Post
In your submission to the RTB make sure you mention how much you were paying for bills for that time. Request copies of the bills from him and ask for every cent back that you have overpaid on these.

For some reason that would annoy me more than the deposit. Is it fraud?
Is charging flat rate for gas and electricity fraud ?
Vestiapx is offline  
Post Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Remove Text Formatting
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
 
Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Share Tweet