Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

17-10-2020, 08:10   #61
Graces7

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixParker View Post
Can you just remove the ability to park? Residents don't need it so there's no point having it.
Take that space away from the road by making the road a few feet narrower?

Large planters, relandscaping to move the kerb out, large rocks at close intervals, bollards in the road . . .whatever is feasible.
You see the rocks etc used a lot in tourist areas and it certainly makes it impossible to linger..
Advertisement
17-10-2020, 08:13   #62
Pkiernan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus View Post
Thanks for two links to the uk which I assume you didn’t actually read ? No one was prosecuted .

Again depending on the type of sticker I’d doubt criminal damage would be assumed.
Go put a difficult to remive sticker on the window of a Garda car and see what happens!
(2) thanks from:
17-10-2020, 08:26   #63
Kowerski
Banned

Based on the OP this is not a regular occurance. It mentions from time to time people use it to collect kids. Also if primary or secondary then will not be using it to drop off kids. So it is just collection.

I fail to see what the issue is here? people have a driveway, nothing is mentioned about blocking of driveway. Why would anyone bring a dog to an estate to let run around with cars etc??

Maybe just try to be nice, I doubt it makes any real difference to you or the resident if 1-2 people park for a few mins collecting kids.
17-10-2020, 08:29   #64
Kowerski
Banned

Quote:
Can you just remove the ability to park? Residents don't need it so there's no point having it.
Take that space away from the road by making the road a few feet narrower?

Large planters, relandscaping to move the kerb out, large rocks at close intervals, bollards in the road . . .whatever is feasible.

I would expect that family/friends use the spots when visting the estate. So blocking off all parking would only cause problems for the residents. I think they should do clamping, then they will end up paying a fortune for the clampers, plus then a fortune when they have to constantly pay for friends/family to get the clamps off
Thanks from:
17-10-2020, 08:30   #65
PhoenixParker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kowerski View Post
I would expect that family/friends use the spots when visting the estate. So blocking off all parking would only cause problems for the residents. I think they should do clamping, then they will end up paying a fortune for the clampers, plus then a fortune when they have to constantly pay for friends/family to get the clamps off
Op said there are 3 spaces per house and designated guest parking spots so in this case they don't.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
17-10-2020, 08:32   #66
Kowerski
Banned

Quote:
Op said there are 3 spaces per house and designated guest parking spots so in this case they don't.

Sorry I missed so what is the problem with the odd person collecting children? they are not blocking the residents or visitors which is the main issue the majority of people would have. I don't see what the issue is here?
17-10-2020, 08:33   #67
Sittingpretty

Why are parents using this estate to park their cars? Is there insufficient parking outside the school?
Thanks from:
17-10-2020, 08:34   #68
Niner leprauchan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pkiernan View Post
Go put a difficult to remive sticker on the window of a Garda car and see what happens!
Ah but don't to see that the op has never personally encountered or read about someone being prosecuted for it, therefore it's legal.
17-10-2020, 08:43   #69
Kowerski
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sittingpretty View Post
Why are parents using this estate to park their cars? Is there insufficient parking outside the school?

Most schools have parking for teachers only, then a system to get people in/out during pick up. Drop off is never an issue.

IN reality this can be a nightmare as suddenly for about 10 minutes you have a huge influx of traffic. The school and parents do the best they can but nobody can build a couple of hundred carpark for 10 mins per day. Some people will use local estates to leave car, run pick up children and then go on. Probably a max of 10 mins parked.

The days of friendly neighbours is gone.....based on this post, the people in this estate would prefer to inconvience themselves to try and block the odd person parking for a few mins collecting kids. It is baffling the lenghts that people will go to in order to annoy a complete stranger
Advertisement
17-10-2020, 08:49   #70
Sittingpretty

Quote:
Most schools have parking for teachers only, then a system to get people in/out during pick up. Drop off is never an issue.

IN reality this can be a nightmare as suddenly for about 10 minutes you have a huge influx of traffic. The school and parents do the best they can but nobody can build a couple of hundred carpark for 10 mins per day. Some people will use local estates to leave car, run pick up children and then go on. Probably a max of 10 mins parked.

The days of friendly neighbours is gone.....based on this post, the people in this estate would prefer to inconvience themselves to try and block the odd person parking for a few mins collecting kids. It is baffling the lenghts that people will go to in order to annoy a complete stranger
I get that, I have small children myself.

I suppose my point was where else does OP expect parents to park to drop off their children.

Personally I’d only consider it an inconvenience were cars to block my driveway but that aside it’s a bit of a first world dilemma.
17-10-2020, 08:55   #71
Kowerski
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sittingpretty View Post
I get that, I have small children myself.

I suppose my point was where else does OP expect parents to park to drop off their children.

Personally I’d only consider it an inconvenience were cars to block my driveway but that aside it’s a bit of a first world dilemma.

I expect the OP doesn't care. I used to live in an area beside a primary school. Yes people came nad parked but didn't block driveway or anything and after 10 mins the whole thing was over and everyone moved on with the rest of the day.

No idea why someone wouldn't want to help out a neighbour by letting them park for a few mins while collecting kids.
17-10-2020, 09:39   #72
Cyrus

Quote:
I expect the OP doesn't care. I used to live in an area beside a primary school. Yes people came nad parked but didn't block driveway or anything and after 10 mins the whole thing was over and everyone moved on with the rest of the day.

No idea why someone wouldn't want to help out a neighbour by letting them park for a few mins while collecting kids.
I didn’t ask for people’s opinion on whether it was an issue in their mind or not but yet people still feel it’s incumbent on them to opine.

Was where people were parking near your old house private or public land?

And they aren’t my neighbours they are are people with kids in a nearby school .
17-10-2020, 09:40   #73
Cyrus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niner leprauchan View Post
Ah but don't to see that the op has never personally encountered or read about someone being prosecuted for it, therefore it's legal.
Thought you were going stop repeating yourself ?
17-10-2020, 09:41   #74
Cyrus

Quote:
They aren’t parking in spots they are parking on a drive way blocking half of it or parking on our paths and half on the driveway blocking residents with buggies .
17-10-2020, 09:50   #75
Kowerski
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus View Post
They aren’t parking in spots they are parking on a drive way blocking half of it or parking on our paths and half on the driveway blocking residents with buggies .

Come on, tell the truth. What exactly is the problem with helping out people in the local area? has this always been a problem or just an issue now with covid and some people seem to have turned against each other

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion