Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

08-10-2020, 17:24   #31
lalababa

The quicker Donedeal takes over this sh**fest the better! No paying EA , no 350quid to Daft. And the quicker the land registry take over sales the better too.....is this in de pipeline...a streamlined selling process sans solicitor...or with land registry solicitors on a very reduced flat rate??
Advertisement
08-10-2020, 17:30   #32
Dav010

Quote:
Originally Posted by lalababa View Post
The quicker Donedeal takes over this sh**fest the better! No paying EA , no 350quid to Daft. And the quicker the land registry take over sales the better too.....is this in de pipeline...a streamlined selling process sans solicitor...or with land registry solicitors on a very reduced flat rate??
Is there anything stopping you from selling a house on donedeal now?
(3) thanks from:
08-10-2020, 17:30   #33
Mad_maxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dav010 View Post
The EA has told you that your bid will not be accepted and what you need to do to buy the house. I suggest make a higher offer that is acceptable or move on.
And do you subscribe to the ultimatum approach ?

I.e , " final offer or we walk " etc ?
08-10-2020, 17:34   #34
Dav010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad_maxx View Post

Hey, if it is actually your final offer, why not?
08-10-2020, 18:05   #35
silver2020

reading the OP post again - I thing the 320k price is lowball and won't be considered. Maybe the OP is not experienced enough in how the sales process works. (I've bought and sold over a dozen times over the years and bought an investment at auction last Tuesday)

If previously sale agreed at 350k / 360k, they will be looking to be close to this. I suspect an eventual 345k price after some to-ing and fro-ing would be acceptable.
You can check what prices are being achieved in the general area on property price register - these are confirmed prices based on revenue stamp duty returns, so they can't be manipulated https://www.propertypriceregister.ie/

As for the previous sale falling through - that happened a lot this year as banks tightened up credit very quickly and did not proceed if one person on the mortgage was on a pandemic payment. They are loosening up a little now and again giving some exceptions (4 times earnings) which is seeing quite a few sales getting completed now and prices holding steady.

But 325k will not be accepted (I certainly wouldn't is I was asking 370k originally). I'd ask what would the vendor accept for a no chain no mortgage sale? - I suspect they will say 350k, - you increase to 335k. They'll stick at 350k. You'll move to 340k. They'll stick at 350 but will then come back and suggest a 345k price - you agree but that it includes contents.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
08-10-2020, 18:07   #36
silver2020

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dav010 View Post
Hey, if it is actually your final offer, why not?
never works unless its a receiver, you have cash and you don't care whether you get the property or not unless you are close enough to the price they have set as the lowest price.

Also, if you come across as troublesome, it goes against you too.
08-10-2020, 18:11   #37
Canyon86

having a torrid time with an agent at the moment after going sale agreed on a property, allergic to the lot of them after this
08-10-2020, 20:05   #38
Mad_maxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver2020 View Post
reading the OP post again - I thing the 320k price is lowball and won't be considered. Maybe the OP is not experienced enough in how the sales process works. (I've bought and sold over a dozen times over the years and bought an investment at auction last Tuesday)

If previously sale agreed at 350k / 360k, they will be looking to be close to this. I suspect an eventual 345k price after some to-ing and fro-ing would be acceptable.
You can check what prices are being achieved in the general area on property price register - these are confirmed prices based on revenue stamp duty returns, so they can't be manipulated https://www.propertypriceregister.ie/

As for the previous sale falling through - that happened a lot this year as banks tightened up credit very quickly and did not proceed if one person on the mortgage was on a pandemic payment. They are loosening up a little now and again giving some exceptions (4 times earnings) which is seeing quite a few sales getting completed now and prices holding steady.

But 325k will not be accepted (I certainly wouldn't is I was asking 370k originally). I'd ask what would the vendor accept for a no chain no mortgage sale? - I suspect they will say 350k, - you increase to 335k. They'll stick at 350k. You'll move to 340k. They'll stick at 350 but will then come back and suggest a 345k price - you agree but that it includes contents.
it wont be my mother whos buying as she simply cant stretch to that figure , regarding the property price register , not a single house in this parish has been sold for 370 k since 2010 , granted its more difficult to make comparisons outside urban areas

she is also considering moving to dublin , believe it or not , where she has in mind in dublin , houses can still be bought for that kind of money

Last edited by Mad_maxx; 08-10-2020 at 20:09.
08-10-2020, 20:08   #39
Mad_maxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver2020 View Post
never works unless its a receiver, you have cash and you don't care whether you get the property or not unless you are close enough to the price they have set as the lowest price.

Also, if you come across as troublesome, it goes against you too.

yes , well not agreeing to the asking price is i suppose " troublesome " in the eyes of some , no one ever said it was a non contact sport , estate agents are rarely the precious kind
Thanks from:
Advertisement
15-10-2020, 23:22   #40
Mad_maxx

unfortunately the agent got a bid of 370 k today so thats it gone , all that remains is for conformation that finance is forthcoming on monday

i offered to help out myself but could only stretch to 350 k and not like 350 k cash is as good as 370k through a bank , a bid of 330 k was submitted three days ago by my mother herself directily but a new party emerged today and bid after one viewing , dublin buyers ( obviously see value )

bidder blew my mothers bid out of the water by 40 k so obviously meant business

best of luck to them , think its extremely expensive for the part of the country its in but each to their own

interesting that not a single bid was on the property since march , good sign for the market

Last edited by Mad_maxx; 15-10-2020 at 23:27.
16-10-2020, 07:11   #41
vintagecosmos

It's not sold til it's sold. Going by the news a lot of people on the temporary wage subsidy scheme so their mortgage approval when push comes to shove won't hold up. I don't think your bud was too low ball. It was just over 10% off asking and cash too. Best if luck.
Thanks from:
16-10-2020, 07:27   #42
Dav010

It appears the EA got the valuation spot on, or is very good at bending people to their will to bid the asking price.
16-10-2020, 07:52   #43
cute geoge

I would say house prices will not drop much if at all in the current climate.My reason being is there is no over supply of houses for sale .There is a fair amount of cash looking for a reasonable return on investment which is not available in deposit accounts .I am interested in a s/d in a local town for investment .It is up at 135k and will return 750/800 a month ,it is for sale by retired person down sizing .I have an incline the seller might jump at a cash sale ,the house next door sold for 130k at start of year .This house was itself bought for 122k at start of 2018 .What would be the best bid on this for a quick sale ,no bids in yet and i want it as cheap as possible
16-10-2020, 08:09   #44
ted1

Quote:
offering 5K extra for contents is often an indirect way of placing a higher bid without shooting your credibility to pieces
No it’s not. It’s also a form of tax evasion and frowned upon.
Avoids paying full stamp duty by buyer and capital gains by seller

It destroys your credibility

Last edited by Graham; 16-10-2020 at 08:45. Reason: quote fix
16-10-2020, 08:12   #45
ted1

Quote:
if you up a bid without having any reason to do so ( no competing bid ) , you show a willingness to be reeled in , by placing a higher than necessary bid on the contents , you avoid outbidding yourself

clear ?
You need to up the bid, because the owners will not sell it for the price offered.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion