Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Post Reply  
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
08-10-2020, 16:16   #16
Wildly Boaring
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 1,916
Funny auctioneers
Funny buyers
Funny sellers

The 5k contents thing is funny to me. So as not to undermine credibility? To avoid stamp duty be my view.

You've an offer rejected. Options....
Up it. Out a time limit on it. Buy a different house.
Wildly Boaring is offline  
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
08-10-2020, 16:28   #17
Mad_maxx
Registered User
 
Mad_maxx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 6,435
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildly Boaring View Post
Funny auctioneers
Funny buyers
Funny sellers

The 5k contents thing is funny to me. So as not to undermine credibility? To avoid stamp duty be my view.

You've an offer rejected. Options....
Up it. Out a time limit on it. Buy a different house.
if you up a bid without having any reason to do so ( no competing bid ) , you show a willingness to be reeled in , by placing a higher than necessary bid on the contents , you avoid outbidding yourself

clear ?
Mad_maxx is offline  
08-10-2020, 16:42   #18
DelBoy Trotter
Registered User
 
DelBoy Trotter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 927
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad_maxx View Post
if you up a bid without having any reason to do so ( no competing bid ) , you show a willingness to be reeled in , by placing a higher than necessary bid on the contents , you avoid outbidding yourself

clear ?
But you do have a reason to up your bid, you were told the original bid isn't accepted.

From everything you have posted in this thread, there is only one person acting funny in this transaction, and it's not the estate agent
DelBoy Trotter is offline  
(3) thanks from:
08-10-2020, 16:43   #19
listermint
Registered User
 
listermint's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 25,505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad_maxx View Post
trust me , that never works and no auctioneer ever believes you when you say " thats the highest im willing to go "

ive no problem with a long drawn out dance , i understand these things are nuanced
Sorry that does work and works especially well on homes up for long periods of time.

But you do you.

It is what we did. And we were willing to walk away. Clearly you are giving off different vibes which allows them to string you along to go up in price.
listermint is offline  
Thanks from:
08-10-2020, 16:44   #20
Mad_maxx
Registered User
 
Mad_maxx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 6,435
Quote:
Originally Posted by DelBoy Trotter View Post
But you do have a reason to up your bid, you were told the original bid isn't accepted.

From everything you have posted in this thread, there is only one person acting funny in this transaction, and it's not the estate agent
so do you think everyone who buys a second hand house hands over exactly what the vendor is asking for ?
Mad_maxx is offline  
Thanks from:
Advertisement
08-10-2020, 16:50   #21
DelBoy Trotter
Registered User
 
DelBoy Trotter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 927
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad_maxx View Post
so do you think everyone who buys a second hand house hands over exactly what the vendor is asking for ?
No, definitely not. But your original bid of 320k isn't buying the house. That doesn't mean your next bid has to be exactly what the vendor is asking for (350k) either though
DelBoy Trotter is offline  
Thanks from:
08-10-2020, 16:52   #22
Dav010
Registered User
 
Dav010's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 3,857
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad_maxx View Post
thread is about auctioneers who expect to have their deal sealed without any effort and who think they can so easily bend you to their will , this one seems to be almost insulted by my playing hardball , the house is a year on the market and has no bids on it , my mothers bid is effectively 325k and we now learn the house previously fell through at 360 k as opposed to the previously claimed 350 k , its not a huge gulf really , house was priced too high to begin with

" funny auctioneers "

Have you considered that the owner is in no rush to sell and will wait for the right price? You seem insulted that the EA won’t bend to your will.

“Funny buyers child”
Dav010 is offline  
(2) thanks from:
08-10-2020, 17:12   #23
Mad_maxx
Registered User
 
Mad_maxx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 6,435
Quote:
Originally Posted by listermint View Post
Sorry that does work and works especially well on homes up for long periods of time.

But you do you.

It is what we did. And we were willing to walk away. Clearly you are giving off different vibes which allows them to string you along to go up in price.
So it worked for you and therefore it works?

By saying " I won't go higher than X ,you box yourself in

Running out of road is never a good idea
Mad_maxx is offline  
08-10-2020, 17:14   #24
Mad_maxx
Registered User
 
Mad_maxx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 6,435
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dav010 View Post
Have you considered that the owner is in no rush to sell and will wait for the right price? You seem insulted that the EA won’t bend to your will.

“Funny buyers child”
What do you suggest?

Offering the asking price?
Mad_maxx is offline  
Advertisement
08-10-2020, 17:16   #25
listermint
Registered User
 
listermint's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 25,505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad_maxx View Post
So it worked for you and therefore it works?

By saying " I won't go higher than X ,you box yourself in

Running out of road is never a good idea
Yes. It works therefore it works.....


Jaysus this is like pulling teeth.
listermint is offline  
08-10-2020, 17:17   #26
Mad_maxx
Registered User
 
Mad_maxx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 6,435
Quote:
Originally Posted by listermint View Post
Yes. It works therefore it works.....


Jaysus this is like pulling teeth.
It worked for you ,the test sample is rather small ?
Mad_maxx is offline  
08-10-2020, 17:19   #27
listermint
Registered User
 
listermint's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 25,505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad_maxx View Post
It worked for you ,the test sample is rather small ?
Do you think I came up with the idea myself...


Look if you like to play games thinking the seller is bothered knock yourself out. They've already said to you that there's an in between .

There's one person play acting here.
listermint is offline  
08-10-2020, 17:20   #28
Smee_Again
Registered User
 
Smee_Again's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2020
Posts: 180
I’d says what’s happening here is that the seller won’t accept your bid and the auctioneer is just looking for ways to talk you into increasing your bid.
Smee_Again is offline  
08-10-2020, 17:20   #29
Dav010
Registered User
 
Dav010's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 3,857
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad_maxx View Post
What do you suggest?

Offering the asking price?
The EA has told you that your bid will not be accepted and what you need to do to buy the house. I suggest make a higher offer that is acceptable or move on.
Dav010 is offline  
08-10-2020, 17:24   #30
duffman13
Registered User
 
duffman13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 7,474
Really is a weird one, sold my house and bought earlier this year thankfully. A good friend of mine had a property with a different agent way above market value (320) when similar house were going for 280-290. No movement, no offers came in. After a conversation over a drink my friend instructed the agent to drop the price to 270 as he needed to sell to buy. 3 people interested and the property sold for 305. Agent was still advising him to hold out for more but a quick look at PPR for the year post and prior sale would indicate they got a great price.

Agents are sellers, they'll overvalue a house to get business and then wait for you to say maybe be we should lower the price.
duffman13 is offline  
Post Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Remove Text Formatting
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
 
Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Share Tweet