Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

22-09-2020, 13:31   #16
Mad_maxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gael23 View Post
Single First time buyer looking for a place in Dublin. I realise for this money it will be a 1 2 bed apartment but looking for adobe on areas to look in or avoid.

I don’t want to be so far out in a place like Balbriggan or Rush where it takes hours to get into work. Can go to €220k but that’s doesn’t stretch
how about Santry ?
Advertisement
22-09-2020, 13:43   #17
Gael23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad_maxx View Post
how about Santry ?
I don’t know that side of Dublin hardly at all to be honest. But once it’s a decent area and doesn’t take all day to get to town by bus then it’s worth considering
23-09-2020, 14:53   #18
Gael23

Seen a place. I quite like in Santry.

Any opinions on the area? I dont know up there hardly at all
23-09-2020, 16:21   #19
Samuel T. Cogley

Honestly it's a bit far out for my tastes, but then I don't like being reliant on Dublin Bus.
23-09-2020, 16:32   #20
cruizer101

Quote:
I don’t want to be so far out in a place like Balbriggan or Rush where it takes hours to get into work. Can go to €220k but that’s doesn’t stretch
I wouldn't write off Balbriggan, while it is far out there is the train and express bus services that go through the tunnel that will get you into the city faster than alot of places that are closer.
It may not suit you but depending where in the city you are going to it may well be quicker than from Santry
Advertisement
23-09-2020, 16:40   #21
notsobadinc

Would you consider Leixlip in Kildare..
Apartments right beside Louisa Bridge train station going for 220k will have you in Connolly station plus you have the bus options and Royal canal cycle path once its finished.

Great location, lots of amenities and nice walks in the area. Apartments in this development are grand only storage heating would be a drawback but a couple of these appeared on bidx1 recently.

Santry is a great suggestion and lovely part of Dublin and my favourite place to have rented in. There is lots of amenities such as Santry Demesne, cinema and shopping centre, couple of large gyms, close to airport nad very well serviced by buses and you should be able to buy in Northwood or Larchhill for that price range.
23-09-2020, 16:57   #22
Gael23

Quote:
Originally Posted by notsobadinc View Post
Would you consider Leixlip in Kildare..
Apartments right beside Louisa Bridge train station going for 220k will have you in Connolly station plus you have the bus options and Royal canal cycle path once its finished.

Great location, lots of amenities and nice walks in the area. Apartments in this development are grand only storage heating would be a drawback but a couple of these appeared on bidx1 recently.

Santry is a great suggestion and lovely part of Dublin and my favourite place to have rented in. There is lots of amenities such as Santry Demesne, cinema and shopping centre, couple of large gyms, close to airport nad very well serviced by buses and you should be able to buy in Northwood or Larchhill for that price range.
Never thought of Lexilip. Would I be looking at 1 beds?
Yes Santry is looking quite appealing. Affordable prices and about 30 minutes to work

Last edited by Gael23; 23-09-2020 at 17:10.
23-09-2020, 17:14   #23
notsobadinc

Quote:
Never thought of Lexilip. Would I be looking at 1 beds.
Yes Santry is looking quite appealing. Affordable prices and about 30 minutes to work
For some reason I am unable to attach the link but its a 2 bed apartment that for sale at Louisa Bridge and great room rental potential with NUIM and Intel within close proximity.

Santry is closer and between the 2, would be my choice despite living in Leixlip now. Some of the apartments in Northwood Santry don't have allocated parking space so would need to buy 1 that has this included.

Where in Dublin are you working as I used to cycle from Santry into city every day and it was mostly fine.
Thanks from:
23-09-2020, 17:16   #24
notsobadinc

You could also look for a mortgage exemption from the Banks and look for the 4 times salary rate..
Advertisement
23-09-2020, 17:55   #25
brisan

Quote:
You could also look for a mortgage exemption from the Banks and look for the 4 times salary rate..
Exemptions are and will be rarer than hens teeth for the foreseeable future
23-09-2020, 18:47   #26
Gael23

Quote:
For some reason I am unable to attach the link but its a 2 bed apartment that for sale at Louisa Bridge and great room rental potential with NUIM and Intel within close proximity.

Santry is closer and between the 2, would be my choice despite living in Leixlip now. Some of the apartments in Northwood Santry don't have allocated parking space so would need to buy 1 that has this included.

Where in Dublin are you working as I used to cycle from Santry into city every day and it was mostly fine.
I work kind near the convention centre in the city. I can’t drive so parking isn’t an issue.

Is it either of these?
https://touch.daft.ie/for-sale/apart...ildare/2582052

https://touch.daft.ie/for-sale/apart...ildare/2575427
23-09-2020, 20:17   #27
PhoenixParker

For the convention centre I'd look along the Maynooth train line between Clonsilla and Broombridge and see if you can find anything that works. The docklands train line will have you in very handy and the normal train line is there if you want to move jobs or go to town. Blanch will have anything you need to buy and an assortment of takeaways and restaurants. Wouldnt be great for night life though.
Thanks from:
23-09-2020, 20:32   #28
Gael23

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixParker View Post
For the convention centre I'd look along the Maynooth train line between Clonsilla and Broombridge and see if you can find anything that works. The docklands train line will have you in very handy and the normal train line is there if you want to move jobs or go to town. Blanch will have anything you need to buy and an assortment of takeaways and restaurants. Wouldnt be great for night life though.
I can’t drive so being close to shops and all that is as important as distance to work. Nightlife wouldn’t bother me, you can find that if you want it.

I looked into the Local Authority mortgage scheme today and I might be able to borrow about an extra 20k though that.
23-09-2020, 20:43   #29
iamtony

Quote:
Never thought of Lexilip. Would I be looking at 1 beds?
Santry is a good spot. Lots of new apartments getting built at the moment around there. Omni is grand, close to airport and town, i know people who walk to work in town. Good walk but still it's shows its actually possible.
Thanks from:
23-09-2020, 20:51   #30
Gael23

Can I expect to pay above the asking price for anything in Dublin these days? Trying to work out if I should be looking at places cheaper than what I can afford to allow room for a bidding war.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion