Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

02-10-2020, 12:49   #3496
Yyhhuuu

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixParker View Post
Amenity wise it probably has among the highest in Dublin within an easy walk.

2 train stations within 15 mins, luas line, aldi, centra, barbers, hairdressers, beauty salon, spar, super valu, pharmacy, 2 cafes, 2 takeaways, bus service, greenway for both strolls and commute, tolka park, gym, 2 community centres, 2 creches, 1 primary school. . . I'm sure I'm forgetting some stuff.

More schools, swimming pools, phoenix park, cafes, restaurants etc within a longer walk or easy cycle.

3rd train station within a year with a bridge which brings Navan Road amenities into play.

Anti social type problems wise it's pretty low. The community is very active on whatever issues arise. RCP management company have a security guard and cameras too. I've never had any issues in 5 years living in the area.
At the end of the day RCP it's right beside Finglas which as we all know has a very bad name for shootings murders etc. I was told the only shop near Watermint Court was a centra. Did Aldi open up lately ? This had put me off the area. The area is also right beside a huge industrial estate which doesnt add to its appeal.
Advertisement
02-10-2020, 13:20   #3497
fret_wimp2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yyhhuuu View Post
At the end of the day RCP it's right beside Finglas which as we all know has a very bad name for shootings murders etc. I was told the only shop near Watermint Court was a centra. Did Aldi open up lately ? This had put me off the area. The area is also right beside a huge industrial estate which doesnt add to its appeal.

You planning on moving in or buying?
If not then why comment on a thread about an area where most of the posters have purchased, just to **** on their new homes?
If not then this is just fishing for reactions.

Everywhere in dublin is beside somewhere else. Terenure, one of the most expensive areas in thr country is beside crumlin, doesn't affect that area too much.

I've lived in RCP for a while now and it's no better or worse than anywhere else in Dublin, and personally I've had less issues here than when living in Dundrum/sandyford.

It's 20 mins from city center by bike, 30 mins by luas or bus, train station comming. having Aldi so close is awesome, saves having to drive to tesco/lidl/dunnes. Also has 2 spars and a centra in the village. Well equipt for shopping.

Some of the unused industrial area is being flattened for new developments, the rest is busy and kept well so not an issue.

25 min walk to Phoenix park or 10 min cycle, walk along the canal is lovely, tolka park is nice so lots of places to get out for a walk.

Wrt crime, there are occasional bikes stolen. I had 3 bikes stolen in the dundrum/sandyford area years ago so that's not specific to anywhere in Dublin. That's as far as it goes WRT antisocial behavior. No joy riding, shootings or murders in the years I've been living here. I have never felt unsafe.

It's a great place to live. It will suit some and not suit others. No big deal if it's not your thing, but that's no reason to dump on the area.

Last edited by fret_wimp2; 02-10-2020 at 13:28.
Thanks from:
02-10-2020, 20:21   #3498
CBear1993
Banned

<MOD SNIP>

RCP is a great place to live and very safe, it’s as close to castleknock as it is finglas. It sits up on a mound/ bank and the tolka park provides distance between finglas and it. Plenty of nice people amd good spirited communities there too.

Last edited by Graham; 03-10-2020 at 01:59.
Thanks from:
02-10-2020, 21:59   #3499
Gumbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chumpski View Post
Yeah I was asking as the Niro can support 11KW charging and was wondering if possible from home. Thanks I see now it’s not possible and that up to 7 KW charging is all that a house can do.

On the solar panel question, I was wondering if the cost of solar panels would make sense versus reducing energy bills even further by having them.

The heat pump n the house heats house efficiently but can’t possibly for example feed energy back into the power grid?
There is no feed in tarrif for excess electricity generation in Ireland. So the PV panels would need a battery to make use of the stored excess.
Thanks from:
03-10-2020, 01:58   #3500
Graham

Mod Note

Yyhhhuu, knock it off. You appear to have confused this thread for a general Finglas bashing. Take it somewhere else.

Do not reply to this post.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
03-10-2020, 02:04   #3501
Yyhhuuu

<SNIP>
03-10-2020, 02:07   #3502
Graham

Mod Note

Yyhhhuu, do not post in this thread again.
13-10-2020, 20:40   #3503
dovetail

Heron house rebuilding costs

When I bought a Heron style house in 2016, the evaluation report then had 300K for the house rebuilding cost. it was evaluated again in January 2020 for a mortgage switch - they say 690K 'to include demolition, site clearance, and professional fees'. Just renewing the home insurance and was going to update the house rebuilding cost. I didn't cop it at the time the last report was issued, but surely 690K must be a typo! Curious to know what s the average rebuild cost that other Heron homeowners are using for insurance 2020 purposes?
14-10-2020, 15:38   #3504
Manion

I think rebuild cost for insurance proposes is typically calculated as a percentage of the mortgage.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
14-10-2020, 16:08   #3505
Graham

The society of chartered surveyors have a House Rebuilding Calculator on their website.
(2) thanks from:
14-10-2020, 16:31   #3506
Bandana boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dovetail View Post
When I bought a Heron style house in 2016, the evaluation report then had 300K for the house rebuilding cost. it was evaluated again in January 2020 for a mortgage switch - they say 690K 'to include demolition, site clearance, and professional fees'. Just renewing the home insurance and was going to update the house rebuilding cost. I didn't cop it at the time the last report was issued, but surely 690K must be a typo! Curious to know what s the average rebuild cost that other Heron homeowners are using for insurance 2020 purposes?
Just Moved my insurance to An post and used €318,270 as rebuild cost
Thanks from:
14-10-2020, 21:02   #3507
andreionut

Quote:
Originally Posted by dovetail View Post
When I bought a Heron style house in 2016, the evaluation report then had 300K for the house rebuilding cost. it was evaluated again in January 2020 for a mortgage switch - they say 690K 'to include demolition, site clearance, and professional fees'.
What value did the new mortgage company took into consideration? I'm thinking to switch the mortgage and curious what LTV bracket will I be in. I have a Heron as well.
14-10-2020, 22:11   #3508
dovetail

Quote:
Originally Posted by andreionut View Post
What value did the new mortgage company took into consideration? I'm thinking to switch the mortgage and curious what LTV bracket will I be in. I have a Heron as well.

Heron with 1 car space was valued @ 440K pre-pandemic / Feb 2020
18-10-2020, 00:18   #3509
CBear1993
Banned

Why is there a helicopter above us at night several times per week?
18-10-2020, 21:18   #3510
PhoenixParker

Has anyone in a Ballymore house replaced a toilet seat?
One of ours is broken and I'm mithered trying to work out what is compatible.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion