Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

25-06-2016, 13:27   #46
parksider

Hello anyone buying, living in Parkside,
I'm interested in this development, though it is quite a commute distance to work for me.
- Is there any management fee to maintain the look of the site ?
- How is the security in general ?
- When you do snag-list check, what are the typical minor errors ?
- are ESB, virgin media available there, so that I just need to switch address. Do you think your bills are smaller with A-rated house ?
- Close to the sea, do you think it will be windy and colder during winter months ?
- How many house will be built in total and over how many phases, year duration ?

Cheers.
Advertisement
26-06-2016, 21:33   #47
Mmarika

Quote:
Originally Posted by parksider View Post
Hello anyone buying, living in Parkside,
I'm interested in this development, though it is quite a commute distance to work for me.
No management fees.

Our snagger was bad, he didn't pointed at some issues. He noticed a bad paint here and there (builders repainted the whole place), slight damage to window frames, gutters were not clear, some wiring was missing (plumbers didn't finish at that point). We separately asked to mark fuses box, to fix one kitchen door, to fix earth wire for kitchen sink.

We found builders incredible helpful even after our move.

- are ESB, virgin media available there, so that I just need to switch address. Do you think your bills are smaller with A-rated house ?

Virgin media and Electric Ireland are available here. Not sure about bills, we moved less than month ago.
27-06-2016, 08:32   #48
gleNine

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerstar View Post
Does any one know where they are going to build new schools ? Sales agent told me those existing schools are only temporary and they are building permanent schools south of Parkside but I can't find anything online. Does any one know where can I find planning permission details for them?
Also interested in knowing.
Specifically for educate together - what are the names of the current schools?
27-06-2016, 08:33   #49
gleNine

Quote:
Originally Posted by bittihuduga View Post
i see the 4bed has gone up from 350K to 370K. this shows parkside is doing good
Anyone know what the availability of the 4 storey, 4 bed is?
I spoke with the sales agent but I feel like they were more focused on selling what is ready right now. Which is understandable.
27-06-2016, 10:04   #50

No mgmt fee

- How is the security in general ?
It's fine

Ours were all minor. We used homesnag.ie thought they were very good. The guy had already snagged a few of the houses and he said they were a good finish. Short snag lists compared to some other developments.

Yes, and yes. Your bills will be lower.

- Close to the sea, do you think it will be windy and colder during winter months ?
No more than other areas in Dublin, really. They are warm houses.

- How many house will be built in total and over how many phases, year duration ?
Not sure about this. I think about 500
Advertisement
27-06-2016, 10:22   #51
powerstar

Hi, All of 3 beds are terraced houses, How is the sound insulation for them? Can you hear from your neighbors?

End of terrace is 10K more compared to mid terrace, Even end of terrace has potential to get noise from one side of the house. So does it make sense to spend 10k extra?

Does any one know about visitor parking spaces, I know every house has 2 parking spaces but not sure about visitor parking.

Any advise for people already moved in much appreciated.
27-06-2016, 10:29   #52

The sound insulation is good. Better than most houses I've been in.

Whether it's worth 10k to be semi-detached is personal preference really. Semis are usually more expensive than terraced. The terraced houses have a back alley so you can bring your bins etc around without having to go through the house.

Visitor parking is a bit of a problem actually. You need to park on the outskirts of the development if you've many people over.
Thanks from:
27-06-2016, 11:20   #53
parksider

@Mmarika: Thank for your quick answers especially snag-check.
@GoodBridge: Thank you for your answers. Do you think with 500 houses, it will takes year to fill all the houses, so we may live with construction site for long.
@powerstar: I myself think the price of 3-bed is quite goodl, we hope the house holds the price or even increases over years.
@gleNine: 4-bed house type A is now 370k, wil be available during Christmas. Nice house, good price, good location as they overlook the park.
27-06-2016, 12:24   #54
Mmarika

Quote:
Originally Posted by gleNine View Post
Also interested in knowing.
Specifically for educate together - what are the names of the current schools?
I found a planning application for school it seems. I can't paste links, you can see it on dublincity, reference number 3601/15
As far as I understand from a letter about community meeting, both existing schools will move to a new place.

And did anybody went for a community meeting 25th June? Was there anything interesting?
Advertisement
27-06-2016, 12:40   #55
shawnxxiong

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bittihuduga View Post
i see the 4bed has gone up from 350K to 370K. this shows parkside is doing good
I spoke with the sales agent but I feel like they were more focused on selling what is ready right now. Which is understandable.
We went for a view last Sat and talked with the sales agent. Plenty of A-type (3 storey, 4 beds) left and next phase will be released in September.
27-06-2016, 13:26   #56
powerstar

Quote:
We went for a view last Sat and talked with the sales agent. Plenty of A-type (3 storey, 4 beds) left and next phase will be released in September.
@ shawnxxiong : What do you think of the houses and area in general? Do you think do you go ahead with sale?
27-06-2016, 14:04   #57
shawnxxiong

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerstar View Post
Quote:
@ shawnxxiong : What do you think of the houses and area in general? Do you think do you go ahead with sale?
The area is good - still some wasteland but that's for future phases of Parkside. The finishing of the house is quite impressive. And easy access to all the facilities - shop, cinema, gym, school, parks, transportation. The only problem is the sound of the water pump, but there is some way to insulate - not sure how much it will help. Yea, I think we will try to put some deposit either this phase or next.
Thanks from:
28-06-2016, 10:13   #58
shawnxxiong

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodBridge View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mmarika View Post
Hello, I have a question to people who already moved in: is water pump on a ground floor noisy?
Yeah, it is a little bit.

There are things you can do to improve it though, e.g. : https://www.amazon.co.uk/Shower-Vibr.../dp/B00QRXFEVE, http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showt...p?t=2056055077
Hi @GoodBridge, is your water pump still noisy? we had a view last week and the noise really worries us.
28-06-2016, 12:01   #59

I wouldn't be too worried about it. Yes, you can hear it but it's not that loud. You can still carry on conversations.
Thanks from:
28-06-2016, 14:19   #60
bittihuduga

Quote:
4 storey? i thought there were only 3 storey ones.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion