Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

17-10-2020, 19:14   #31
Vestiapx

Quote:
Originally Posted by poker--addict View Post
demand your money back, then report him.
I'd go as far as saying demand your money back they report him in a year's time so he doesn't know it was you. I'm currently waiting till 2121 to report a woman to revenue for blatant tax evasion because she fired me in 2018. There is no way she will think it was me and I just don't want anyone to know it was me. I literally looked up the confidential contact for revenue when it happened
And then decided I'd wait two years first. Then Covid happened and her business will be suffering and knowing how she operates she will be even more non tax compliant these days so i will leave it till the new year .
Advertisement
17-10-2020, 19:44   #32
MissShihTzu

By the look of it, I'd say the landlord has permission for only 2 apartments and has got four. That's a planning issue as well as a potential fire hazard. I'd be willing to bet the apartments are not compliant with regulations (See Priory Hall) and I would call the local fire brigade and the council to check.

If you were not registered with the RTB, then it would be safe to assume the landlord isn't completely tax compliant either.

I'd ask for the return of your deposit (in writing) and tell the landlord he has one month to comply. I know you don't care about the money, but for me it's the principle. And using his family as well as the virus is well out of order. That's not your problem. If deductions are made, then ask for a full itemised list as well as photographic evidence and receipts for any work done. Remember - he cannot deduct for cleaning.

If he complies - great! If the landlord starts squawking for whatever reason? Get busy with those reports - local council, Fire Brigade and Revenue as well as the RTB.

Good luck!
(2) thanks from:
18-10-2020, 11:09   #33
amadangomor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vestiapx View Post
Is charging flat rate for gas and electricity fraud ?
Charging someone for way more than they consume is wrong. Landlord making a profit from bills ffs.

I was asking was it fraud.
19-10-2020, 00:38   #34
Vestiapx

Quote:
Originally Posted by amadangomor View Post
Charging someone for way more than they consume is wrong. Landlord making a profit from bills ffs.

I was asking was it fraud.
It's not fraud, back it the days we all lived in bedsits and the coin meters for the Lecky were much dearer than the bills, same with the phones.
19-10-2020, 11:29   #35
amadangomor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vestiapx View Post
It's not fraud, back it the days we all lived in bedsits and the coin meters for the Lecky were much dearer than the bills, same with the phones.
Just some regular gouging then
Advertisement
19-10-2020, 11:57   #36
Pink11

I really feel for you. It's horrible to be fooled and taken advantage of - you got really unlucky. You won't be the first or the last and fair play to you for standing up to this 'person'.

Like everyone else has said, keep pushing the RTB and he won't be long coughing the money back to you to avoid even more trouble for himself. However, like you, I would also be eager to report him for illegal activity full stop. He sounds like scum and using 'corona' and his 'family' is emotional blackmail. Ignore him, he's chancing his arm.

Good luck fighting this, you're doing the right thing.

Last edited by Pink11; 19-10-2020 at 12:01.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion