Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Poll: September 2020 €40,000 Fantasy Watch Competition

• 19-09-2020 8:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,527 ✭✭✭

Please vote on your favourite 5 watch Collection. (Wibbs can we get a sticky?) Click on preview for better quality view.

I have posted them in order of receiving them. Watches in order of the entry. Vote will be counted in 1 week and the vote percentage will be multiplied by the percentage of the 40k used. Please do not vote for your own collection. Winner will decide next months rules and amount to spend. I have verified the figures on Chrono24 as of today. Entries will be received until 12pm today. Fitz II has not entered as adjudicator.

Slide1.jpg

Slide2.jpg

Slide3.jpg

Slide4.jpg

Slide5.jpg

Slide6.jpg

Slide7.jpg

Slide8.jpg

Vote for your preferred 5 watch Collection from Chrono24 with €40,000 36 votes

Entry A
    61% 22 votes
    Entry B
    2% 1 vote
    Entry C
    5% 2 votes
    Entry D
    8% 3 votes
    Entry E
    0% 0 votes
    Entry F
    0% 0 votes
    Entry G
    16% 6 votes
    Entry H
    5% 2 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,737 ✭✭✭893bet

9-FB316-ED-240-E-454-C-8-F8-E-42245-E09062-D.jpg

Might be worth hiding poll results till the end also!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,527 ✭✭✭Fitz II

893bet wrote: »
    Might be worth hiding poll results till the end also!

Thats a good idea but cant seem to edit it.....Wibbs can you help?

• Registered Users Posts: 64,760 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Very nice collections there and thanks to Fitz II for organising this event!

Pity I can't vote for myself, but I'm happy I voted for the second best :pac:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,616 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

Well done Fitz, I see a couple of us (calculated the VAT @ 23% instead of 21%) will have to get the calculator out for next week, let us know where to find the price in euros on the site, thanks. Mine is set at dollars:confused:.

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Advertisement

blue5000 wrote: »
    Well done Fitz, I see a couple of us (calculated the VAT @ 23% instead of 21%) will have to get the calculator out for next week, let us know where to find the price in euros on the site, thanks. Mine is set at dollars:confused:.

Right down the bottom of Chrono you will see a little flag change that to euro there, its quite well hidden.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,466 ✭✭✭✭banie01

blue5000 wrote: »
    . Mine is set at dollars:confused:.

You weren't the only one Blue, the currency completely slipped my notice once I'd set the search to EU/Europe.

actually close enough, only a couple of votes in it....vote early and vote often :)

Fitz II wrote: »
    actually close enough, only a couple of votes in it....vote early and vote often :)

I have gotten all of McManus real youtube subs to register and vote for me.

The extra 3 votes will make the difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭redlead

This is an excellent idea Fitz. It's almost as much fun guessing who has entered what. I'm 100% sure I know which is Unkels and Wibbs. 90% sure of 893 .... :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Thirdfox

Very surprised not one had a Reverso or Tank in any line up - will be interested to see whose selection I had chosen.

Nice choices all - can spot Wibb's choice from a mile away (obviously the one with all the Rolexes :D )

I would think Wibbs' entry is the only one I'd have better than 70% confidence in picking.

The others, well it really is an eclectic bunch with some really interesting commonalities.

The secrecy of the poll is sacrosanct. Cant give the game away, but a lot of the guessing is miles off. I think the winner and runner up will be announced.. Its very close at the moment, Couldn't be closer.

In the last half of the poll time now.....only a few votes in it, and still a close call, could go either way.

I reckon the multiplier will make all the difference when it comes to the totting up.

Really great idea for a way to entertain the forum the FG!
    If I could thank the OP twice I would :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭eljono

I see the results are in. I don't remember who I voted for anymore but enjoyed going through them and seeing where peoples' interests lie.

eljono wrote: »
    I see the results are in. I don't remember who I voted for anymore but enjoyed going through them and seeing where peoples' interests lie.

Next months competition looks very exciting, Mr. Cyrus has come up with a very interesting set of rules. Will post the new one at the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,223 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

5 g-shocks for under a grand?

Woot, nobody voted for my collection? Not even me? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭hitemfrank

I think the Yachtmaster and the turquoise OP made it a bit too obvious that was your selection.

• Advertisement

Aye. Pretty obvious it was my collection. What are you trying to say, that people didn't vote for my collection, because they knew it was my collection? :p:o :mad:

I think people didn't vote for it mostly because of the turquoise to be honest. I kind of like it now - it's definitely grown on me but not something I'd ever consider wearing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,460 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

hitemfrank wrote: »
    I think people didn't vote for it mostly because of the turquoise to be honest. I kind of like it now - it's definitely grown on me but not something I'd ever consider wearing.

I love it.

I think the Yachtmaster and the turquoise OP made it a bit too obvious that was your selection.

Is that supposed to make him feel better or worse :D

All the colours are growing on me. As actually pictures circulate they look far better than the website renders showed when they were released.

I think a bit of mystique to the selections is a good thing. If we knew who chose each it may descend into a popularity contest.

That's probably what I should have included in my earlier post also :pac:

I love that turquoise OP. If I got offered it tomorrow at retail, I'd buy it!

Would also be tempted by the green. Or the blue.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Thirdfox

Tiffany blue you mean? :pac: I can see plenty of ladies loving that colour too (seems like a very sensible choice - should have had a cartier red version too ;) )

There should be a wooden spoon prize for "nul points" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,223 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

I think that turquoise dial looks great personally

• Advertisement
Advertisement