Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JCB 3CX needing to attach hydraulic bale handler. Hydraulic issue.

• 12-06-2010 11:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭

Hi,
    I am planning to attach a hydraulic bale handler with one hydraulic ram to my 1988 3cx with a grey cab.
    The only problem I have is where to take the two pipes from. Do in need a feed and return or do I need two feeds from the valve chest or surrounding pipes. Is it possible to take the hydraulic pipes from around the control lever located inside the cab on the floor for the front bucket?
    Could I tap into a feed and return or two feeds somewhere and wouldn’t be interfering with the hydraulic oil pressure and causing the oil pump to fail in time.
    I am very green when it comes to how the valve chest operates.
    I have the piping and a new control lever.

Any advice is very welcome and thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 879 ✭✭✭dunsandin

Not 100%, but how about tapping into an existing service you seldom use, such as a slew ram or a jack ram? If you tacked the jack or made a bracket to hold it up, you could just connect up the bale handler to the feed and return pipes for the jack and use its control lever to work the grab. Or pick some other service with its own lever-easier than plumbing in a new lever and circuit if you are not too mechanical.

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭mossfort

Hunt wrote: »
    Hi,
    I am planning to attach a hydraulic bale handler with one hydraulic ram to my 1988 3cx with a grey cab.
    The only problem I have is where to take the two pipes from. Do in need a feed and return or do I need two feeds from the valve chest or surrounding pipes. Is it possible to take the hydraulic pipes from around the control lever located inside the cab on the floor for the front bucket?
    Could I tap into a feed and return or two feeds somewhere and wouldn’t be interfering with the hydraulic oil pressure and causing the oil pump to fail in time.
    I am very green when it comes to how the valve chest operates.
    I have the piping and a new control lever.

Any advice is very welcome and thanks in advance

if you have a 4 in 1 bucket on the front disconnect the two hoses where they meet the metal pipes on the front and fit 2 quick fit connectors for your bale handler. you can operate your bale handler with the 4 in 1 lever.
    we did this with our 3cx a few years ago and it worked fine. if you dont have a 4 in 1 you wil have to take pipes from a supply for one of the rams at the back actor as a temporary job.

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭911s

Anybody auxillary hammer circuit on JCB 3C? . Hammer piped into jack leg valve, rope
    around lever dropped into footwell and loop for foot. Hey presto foot operated hammer
    circuit (I doubt if they teach this on any CSCS course)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 879 ✭✭✭dunsandin

Hah, they might have on mine!:D How to mount and dismount correctly-jump out of the window, landing with your feet together, knees bent. Climb in via backactor and rear(missing)window.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Hunt

Cheers I tapped into the jack ram service

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Tora Bora

Speaking of grey cab 3CX. Does anybody know of a healthy 4WD version for sale. Mid late eighties, would be grand. 4 in 1 bucket also req.

T

• Registered Users Posts: 21 dunlops26

Hi,
    Does anybody know to fix the HYDRA CLAMPS on the king post carraige on a 3cx.They are stuck open and might be siezed.The pipe work is correct and when I move the lever in the cab nothing happens.I think it maybe an oil supply issue from the valve chest as the hose tothe clamps don`t even flex a little.It`s a 1988 3cx project 7 model.Would a valve be stuck closed in the valve chest?
    Thanks in advance

Advertisement