Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Psoriasis

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 smilinmaz

Just read this entire thread. I've had p for twenty years (eek) anyway it has become resistant to betnovate. Went to dr Kirby last week and he gonna do UVB treatment..but there is a waiting list of I dunno how long.

Anyway I have tried everything and I mean everything over the twenty years....but I read on here about olatium plus in the bath and then applying aqueous cream. after 3 days my p is better than it has been in years!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭huskerdu

smilinmaz wrote: »
    Just read this entire thread. I've had p for twenty years (eek) anyway it has become resistant to betnovate. Went to dr Kirby last week and he gonna do UVB treatment..but there is a waiting list of I dunno how long.

Anyway I have tried everything and I mean everything over the twenty years....but I read on here about olatium plus in the bath and then applying aqueous cream. after 3 days my p is better than it has been in years!

That is great news. Keep up acqueous cream and oilatum, all the time, It does help.

Where are you based ?
    When I needed UV treatment in St. Vincents, there was a very short waiting, once you were flexible about what time of day you could attend.

I am based in bray and I'm a teacher so very flexible....rang on Friday and was told the wait is at least 10 weeks and would be aug! I'm going away in aug so they said I would have to wait till any tan was gone so it would be sept!

I think this is disgraceful waiting list especially as I decided to pay to go private....I got the referral in feb as I wanted it sorted before summer and I had to wait till may to even just have a consultation.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,780 ✭✭✭alie

I suffer from both psoriasis and eczema, I have had allergy tests and am sensitive to quite a few things, your dermatologist will prescribe a steroid and to be honest its trial and error till you find the best one, I have found that aveeno skin relief cream is the best mosturizer for me, and I have a little muslin bag with porridge oats for my bath, excellent for skin . Sometimes it gets real bad and he prescribes an antibiotic cream which really works, I do hope you find something that works for you.

I am based in bray and I'm a teacher so very flexible....rang on Friday and was told the wait is at least 10 weeks and would be aug! I'm going away in aug so they said I would have to wait till any tan was gone so it would be sept!

I think this is disgraceful waiting list especially as I decided to pay to go private....I got the referral in feb as I wanted it sorted before summer and I had to wait till may to even just have a consultation.

Thats rotten. I must have been lucky.

I presume its St. Vincents that you are going to for the treatment.
    Is there a private UV treatment facility ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭DonFred

Hi there I didnt know you could get UV done privately? I have it all over my back and its impossible for myself to rub any creams in.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭derra

My mam has psoriasis pretty bad at the moment (scalp, arms, back and legs), the itch is driving her crazy.

This has been going on a few months now and she has tried several creams including Dermovate and steroids with little relief.

She is in her 70's and it's aching me to see her like this.
    I've showed her this thread to show she is not alone and she is only too familiar with the experiences of others throughout the thread.

She went to the doctor today and saw a different one than usual in the practice.
    Prescribed her another cream with steroids and mentioned she will get in touch with the consultant in the hospital to try and get something sorted.

In the meantime, it seems to be the case that sufferers will try anything to help/stop the itch and was wondering if anyone has tried this...

Pearl Psoriasis Therapy Bed
    http://www.shapeuptoneuploseweight.ie/PsoriasisTherapy/PsoriasisTherapy.html

Would not rent it unless i was sure it was safe to do so etc

derra wrote: »
    sorted.

In the meantime, it seems to be the case that sufferers will try anything to help/stop the itch and was wondering if anyone has tried this...

Pearl Psoriasis Therapy Bed
    http://www.shapeuptoneuploseweight.ie/PsoriasisTherapy/PsoriasisTherapy.html

Would not rent it unless i was sure it was safe to do so etc

I have had UV light treatment for psoriasis in St Vincents hospital.
    It was three times a week for 10 weeks. I have very pale skin, so they started me at 10 seconds per session, They then increased this little by little per session until I got to about 90 seconds. I had to put sunblock on my hands and after 5 weeks, they put a facemask on me as my face had had as much exposure as they would allow.

At 60 seconds, I got savage sunburn, everywhere. I was red, raw and sore for days. They had to ramp back the treatment for a while after that.

They will only allow you to do the treatment 10 times in your life.

That shows how serious the risk on skin cancer is from UV lamps and how seriously the medical personnel in the hospital took that risk.

On that basis, I am not convinced that any individual treating themselves with a UV lamp would be able to decide how much to use the lamps safely themselves.

If she is not already doing it, your mother should try soaking in a bath with oilatum or emulsifying ointment in it, everyday. Moisturise a few times a day with aqueous cream. Coal tar ointment is good, but some people dont like the smell.

None of these treatments work instantly but they do give relief.

Good luck to her and I hope she gets to see a consultant soon.

huskerdu wrote: »
    I have had UV light treatment for psoriasis in St Vincents hospital.
    It was three times a week for 10 weeks. I have very pale skin, so they started me at 10 seconds per session, They then increased this little by little per session until I got to about 90 seconds. I had to put sunblock on my hands and after 5 weeks, they put a facemask on me as my face had had as much exposure as they would allow.

At 60 seconds, I got savage sunburn, everywhere. I was red, raw and sore for days. They had to ramp back the treatment for a while after that.

They will only allow you to do the treatment 10 times in your life.

That shows how serious the risk on skin cancer is from UV lamps and how seriously the medical personnel in the hospital took that risk.

On that basis, I am not convinced that any individual treating themselves with a UV lamp would be able to decide how much to use the lamps safely themselves.

If she is not already doing it, your mother should try soaking in a bath with oilatum or emulsifying ointment in it, everyday. Moisturise a few times a day with aqueous cream. Coal tar ointment is good, but some people dont like the smell.

None of these treatments work instantly but they do give relief.

Good luck to her and I hope she gets to see a consultant soon.

Thanks for the reply huskerdu.

Yeah i was very apprehensive in getting that therapy bed especially now after reading your experience. I'll knock that idea on the head.
    That sunburn must of been excruciating, bad enough having to deal with psoriasis !

How have you been since your treatment?
    How many times have you had a course of that treatment or was that your first and only time?

At the moment she is taking Deltacortrilent tablets and it's been the first time in a while she is getting some relief.
    She is also using Dovonex cream.

Will get that Aqueous cream tomorrow as well as the emulsifying ointment.

She has been to St.Michaels a couple of times in Dún Laoghaire and will be attending there again.
    I think after the latest visit to the GP who was someone she does'nt normally see has giving her a bit of a lift by mentioning she is going to contact a consultant and hopefully move things on a bit.

Thanks again, much appreciated.

Yeah i was very apprehensive in getting that therapy bed especially now after reading your experience. I'll knock that idea on the head.
    That sunburn must of been excruciating, bad enough having to deal with psoriasis !

How have you been since your treatment?
    How many times have you had a course of that treatment or was that your first and only time?

At the moment she is taking Deltacortrilent tablets and it's been the first time in a while she is getting some relief.
    She is also using Dovonex cream.

Will get that Aqueous cream tomorrow as well as the emulsifying ointment.

She has been to St.Michaels a couple of times in Dún Laoghaire and will be attending there again.
    I think after the latest visit to the GP who was someone she does'nt normally see has giving her a bit of a lift by mentioning she is going to contact a consultant and hopefully move things on a bit.

Thanks again, much appreciated.

I only needed the UV treatment once. Luckily I have not had a bad flare-up since.

I think GPs, even good ones, really only prescribe steroids or Dononex. A consultant, hopefully will recommend better treatment. Also, the nurses in the centre in St. Vincents are really good for advice on day-to-day ongoing maintenance.

• Advertisement

I only needed the UV treatment once. Luckily I have not had a bad flare-up since.

I think GPs, even good ones, really only prescribe steroids or Dononex. A consultant, hopefully will recommend better treatment. Also, the nurses in the centre in St. Vincents are really good for advice on day-to-day ongoing maintenance.

Good to read a positive outcome and hope it remains that way for you in the future.

There has been a big improvement taking the steroids since Friday just gone so even to get a bit of relief briefly is a relief in itself.

Thanks again for the input.

I don't think there is a private uv facility cause I went to consultant privately but he said it would be done in the public hospital and I have to wait till sept to begin treatment. That will be 6 months after GP referral, raging I paid to see consultant that's 180 euro I could have saved myself! All because of vanity and wanting to be clear for the summer :(
    Anyway so far he bath with oliatium plus and aqueous cream seems to be really helping so fingers crossed that will continue!

I don't think there is a private uv facility cause I went to consultant privately but he said it would be done in the public hospital and I have to wait till sept to begin treatment. That will be 6 months after GP referral, raging I paid to see consultant that's 180 euro I could have saved myself! All because of vanity and wanting to be clear for the summer :(
    Anyway so far he bath with oliatium plus and aqueous cream seems to be really helping so fingers crossed that will continue!

If the waiting time to see a public consultant was 6 months ( just a guess, dont know what it currently is), and the public consultant recommended UV light treatment, you would then have to wait the 6 months on the waiting list for treatment. You still avoided the waiting time for an initial consultant visit.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Anyone have any experience with home UV lights?

Nearly 3 months ago I was drinking outside on one of our rare sunny days. I lost track of time (as you do) and must have been in the direct sun for about 6 hours. Got burnt but as soon as that went away I noticed a large patch of psoriasis on my forehead had almost totally cleared up. A patch which was the worst on my body, constantly inflamed and flakey is now just slightly discoloured 3 months later.

I really want to try the UV approach. I saw a couple of "handheld" lights, are they worth it? My patches are small enough ones so wouldn't need a full body light or anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭greenbicycle

not sure if i have posted on this thread before.

i got married about a year ago and i dont condone them at all but i did sun beds a few times before my wedding. it was a once in a life time thing and i know about the bad effects it could have had before the anti sun bed brigade come along!

anyway, as well as having a nice glow they also surprisingly totally cleared up my psoriasis, scalp psoriasis and all even though my scalp wasnt very exposed to the light at all. it was wonderous really. the psoriasis stayed away for at least three months i reckon.

then i got really sick with a totally unrelated but still auto immune diease (so maybe related in some way) and i was on very high doses of steroids since december last year.no sign of psoriasis which was a nice side effect.

I am now coming off steroids slowly and only this week am i seeing asmall patch of psoriasis behind my ear. I am also starting another drug with is also an immuno suppressant (but not steroids) this takes a while to kick in so I am hoping that it also has the effect of clearing up my psoriasis, there has to be some advantages to getting sick!

anyway what i have come on here to do is to tell about my experience with psoriasis over the past year after having i for almost 15 years with no easing of it until i tried a sunbed, not condoning at all, i think one would really need to weigh up pros and cons of using a sunbed multiple times. my psoriasis is really not bad enough to use sunbeds for the rest of my life but if it is really bad and effecting the lives of some individuals i would certainly say to give it a go. a life shortened by afew years but significantly impoved for those years is better in my eyes but it is a risk at the same time.

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭pfannkuchen

I've just been diagnosed with scalp psoriasis. I spent the last month and a half using T-Gel and Nizoral shampoos thinking it was bad dandruff, only for it to get much worse in the last week.

It seems to be mild enough at the moment - bad patches over both ears, behind and on the outer parts of both ears and a small patch just back from my hairline. All other parts of my scalp, it just looks like dandruff. Hopefully I've caught it early enough to prevent a bad flare up this time. Doctor prescribed Betnovate Scalp Application, which I'm yet to use. Have used Capasal once, which loosened up some of the scale and today I applied warm olive oil for a couple of hours and it really did a great job. Most of the scales seemed to "dissolve" so now I just have some red patches and loose flakes - I think now is the best time to start applying the steroid and hopefully that'll do the job.

I feel like this is stress-related so now I'm a bit apprehensive that I'll end up suffering flare ups quite often, especially around the time of exams - I really am my own worst enemy :P

Thanks to everyone for posting about their experiences, lots of very useful tips here and I'll be sure to try some of these things. I have a healthy diet, I don't smoke and rarely drink so I'll keep all of that the same but it's interesting to read about the tomatoes and potatoes etc. I would eat a fair amount of those so it might be an idea to cut back on them to see if that makes any difference. It's been really helpful to see all of these posts as I went into a bit of a panic when psoriasis was mentioned by the doctor. Makes me feel better to know that I'm definitely not alone :)

I've just been diagnosed with scalp psoriasis. I spent the last month and a half using T-Gel and Nizoral shampoos thinking it was bad dandruff, only for it to get much worse in the last week.

It seems to be mild enough at the moment - bad patches over both ears, behind and on the outer parts of both ears and a small patch just back from my hairline. All other parts of my scalp, it just looks like dandruff. Hopefully I've caught it early enough to prevent a bad flare up this time. Doctor prescribed Betnovate Scalp Application, which I'm yet to use. Have used Capasal once, which loosened up some of the scale and today I applied warm olive oil for a couple of hours and it really did a great job. Most of the scales seemed to "dissolve" so now I just have some red patches and loose flakes - I think now is the best time to start applying the steroid and hopefully that'll do the job.

Keep that up. Try Coal Tar shampoo. It works. It does dry your hair so make sure that you use a really good quality conditioner afterwards.

Coal tar on your scalp for a few hours works too, but its a messy sticky smelly job.

Get some Aquaous Cream to moisterise the visible bits a few times a day.
    If you notice any plaques anywhere, start moisterising them every day to keep it at bay.

I feel like this is stress-related so now I'm a bit apprehensive that I'll end up suffering flare ups quite often, especially around the time of exams - I really am my own worst enemy :P

Everyone is different. There is no way of knowing what triggers your flare-ups. It is the easiest thing for me to say, but worrying about it will only make it worse.

Thanks to everyone for posting about their experiences, lots of very useful tips here and I'll be sure to try some of these things. I have a healthy diet, I don't smoke and rarely drink so I'll keep all of that the same but it's interesting to read about the tomatoes and potatoes etc. I would eat a fair amount of those so it might be an idea to cut back on them to see if that makes any difference. It's been really helpful to see all of these posts as I went into a bit of a panic when psoriasis was mentioned by the doctor. Makes me feel better to know that I'm definitely not alone :)

Over time you will learn more about what works for you and work out how to manage it.

Vigilance is really important. Treating the scalp every day and every week with olive oil or shampoo or whatever works for you will pay off in the end.

Good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I've suffered from very severe guttate psoriasis on and off for the past seven years. It's gotten particularly bad the last three years - requiring hospitalisation and extended periods of sick leave from work for treatment, etc.

I handed in my notice for a job that I hate two weeks ago. Almost everyone I've spoken to has made it clear that they think it was a stupid thing to do.

But, literally from the moment I handed in my notice, my psoriasis has started to clear up. It's practically gone now (and it was affecting me, badly, all over my body.) Nothing else has changed in my diet/lifestyle/etc.

Now, I'm even more certain that I did the right thing by handing in my notice.

I know they say stress makes it worse. I'm just shocked to see how strong that link seems to be! I honestly would never have expected this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 556 ✭✭✭sligoface

i'm a sufferer of p for at least 12 years, and have recently flared up really bad. plaques on my arms legs and feet and back just keep appearing. the one thing i was thankful for was the fact that my face was clear. then i got a spot of p near my eye. went to my gp about it, as i didn't want to use my steroid cream on it, in fact the leaflet in the pack said not to use it (dovobet) on your face. she told me 'no it's ok, just use it sparingly'. i did, but the p got worse and eventually spread, then i ended up with it all around my mouth, which is a condition called 'perioral dermatitis' which is caused by the use of steroid creams. i am now on antibiotics for the last month and it is slowly clearing but my previously clear face now has red bumps that look like spots all over, i have red skin that looks like sunburn around both eyes, and when i wake up in the morning my face is covered in flakes.

so don't ever use a steroid cream on your face!!

also, sufferers might want to google the psychic edgar cayce and psoriasis. a bit new-agey, but in his readings he says p is caused by thinning of the intestinal walls allowing poisons into the blood and lymph system, which is what many p researchers are concluding. he has a few things in terms of treatment, but says it is mostly due to diet and that your diet should be mostly fruit and veg. and your attitude. i am currently changing my diet as i previously have eaten very unhealthily and hopefully this will help. i also had to stop drinking alcohol or eating spicy foods (both which I loved to do but a few pints and a kebab and my skin would be raging the next day).

as for attitude, this is a trickier one. it is hard to be upbeat when you are suffering from p, especially if it is constantly itching or painful, cracked and bleeding, is visible to people you meet, robs you of sleep (mine seems to act up the moment my head hits the pillow), distracts you or makes you uncomfortable at work (dying to scratch yourself while dealing with a client is not going to make you pleasant), interferes or causes embarrassment with intimacy (luckily I have the loveliest most understanding sympathetic gf), costs you loads of money on creams that don't help, forces you to cut out food you like, makes you unable to wear certain clothing items, makes it hard to exercise, and just never seems to get better. but i am going to try and just believe that it can get better. I know it can because others have done it and I have had bouts when it went into 'remission'.

i have also bought acidophilus supplements to help with my intestinal flora and am taking biotin, omega-3 and soya lechithin. i am going to try garlic supplements as well to help with this. organic apple cider vinegar, diluted with one part acv to one part purified water also helps to clear plaques (don't use it neat or it burns like heck). also drinking herbal teas instead of coffee is good. (i still have one cup of coffee per day but that's it) dr. stuarts makes one called skin purify and I did notice a difference with some of the more painful patches and my face as well being less angry/red and rough.

it's a full time job treating p, try not to stress, as this is what makes it REALLY get angry.

I too am in a flare up, I have psoriasis and excema, the two have crossed, my skin on my arms , legs, stomach and feet are red , cracked,bleeding and burning , I also have a itchy red spot rash on my arms, its so embaressing, and very uncomfortable. I am on locoid cream and Fusibet but nothing is working , I used to use diprosone ointment which was wonderful but no longer available, I know I'm in for a sleepless night again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭fionny

Guys I cant stress how good Coal Tar and Urea is, its messy and slow to work but once it kicks in it really works well and totally cleared up patches for me which never again returned. Its also cheap and perscription free and relativley safe compared to the perscription stuff.

What I did was use dovobet to clear up the bad plaque then switch to the coal tar which prevents the flare that dovobet causes when you stop.

fionny wrote: »
    Guys I cant stress how good Coal Tar and Urea is, its messy and slow to work but once it kicks in it really works well and totally cleared up patches for me which never again returned. Its also cheap and perscription free and relativley safe compared to the perscription stuff.

What I did was use dovobet to clear up the bad plaque then switch to the coal tar which prevents the flare that dovobet causes when you stop.
    My doctor wants to start me on dovobet but my skin is quite thin from steroids over the years, what cold tar products do you use, I would really like to try one., thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

You will get polytar coal tar shampoo in most chemists. Shampoo is really a misnomer, as you probably want to use shampoo to clean it out after. You can lather it in and leave it on for a while. If left on too long your skin can go red and sort of shiny.
    polytar-500ml.jpg

I think coal tar above a certain % might be prescription only. But I found a polytar "emollient" which has a high % and is not prescription. This is supposed to be added to a bath so is high in % and the instruction to add to a bath probably circumvents the prescription requirements.

Polytar_Emollient_350ml.jpg

The coal tar is also meant to make you more sensitive to UV light. So if using UV you might want to lessen the dose. Also this means if the only UV you get is from our poor sunlight this would be beneficial, it is sort of like reverse sunscreen.

Thank you, I have used the shampoo and its very soothing, never knew they did an emolliant too.

Just wanted to update this..

My mother went to the consultant again in St.Michaels and he referred her for the treatment in St.Vincents. Her condition had deteriorated all over and in particular on large patch on her leg.

A few weeks later she got a call from St.Vincents and she went in for a couple of skin tests so they could decide on the treatment to proceed with.

There was little notice for when to go in, which is not a complaint of course, just so people know that if they are being referred that you may receive a call on a Friday and will be asked to go in on the Tuesday for example.

She went two days in a row and they decided to go for a stronger light treatment than they would normally use after the testing.

Friday will be her third day of the treatment proper, it will be three times a week.
    Monday was for 1 min, today was for 90 secs and the time will gradually increase as she progresses.
    There was no definite time scale given for how long the treatment will go on, she was just told that it could be longer than 8 weeks.

She can't speak highly enough of the staff.
    They are very flexible with her time going in for treatment, it was a morning time but changed to the afternoon for various reasons and of course to cause no stress in making a particular time. The staff do their utmost to her and everyone it seems to be comfortable and make the treatment stress free.

I'm just hoping now the treatment works for her.

rubadub wrote: »
    You will get polytar coal tar shampoo in most chemists. Shampoo is really a misnomer, as you probably want to use shampoo to clean it out after. You can lather it in and leave it on for a while. If left on too long your skin can go red and sort of shiny.
    polytar-500ml.jpg

I think coal tar above a certain % might be prescription only. But I found a polytar "emollient" which has a high % and is not prescription. This is supposed to be added to a bath so is high in % and the instruction to add to a bath probably circumvents the prescription requirements.

Polytar_Emollient_350ml.jpg

The coal tar is also meant to make you more sensitive to UV light. So if using UV you might want to lessen the dose. Also this means if the only UV you get is from our poor sunlight this would be beneficial, it is sort of like reverse sunscreen.

My local chemist has not been able to get Poly Tar shampoo from their supplier for a while, which is worrying.

Ovelle used to sell a really good Coal Tar ointment, in the range as their Silcocks Base etc, but it is not on their website at the moment.

It might be a good idea to contact them and ask them if it is available.

http://www.ovelle.ie/products-ovelle.php

I read recently vitamin D is great for the imune system and also vitamin D oil. Has anyone tried these?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I have been using the polytar along with UVB again and getting good results. Reading up again it is called the Goeckerman Therapy

Many saying it works very well
    A 2007 comparative study of psoriasis treatment found Goeckerman therapy to be more efficacious at 12-weeks than biologics
    Back in 1925, William H. Goeckerman, M.D., proved the combined Coal Tar + UVB treatment to be more effective than any of these 2 psoriasis treatments by themselves.
    It will clear psoriasis in more than 90% of people and can produce a prolonged remission - from a few months to a year or more (it's very individual).
    How long clearing lasts: Goeckerman therapy tends to offer the longest remission time for moderate to severe psoriasis. The average remission time for treatment with Goeckerman therapy is 6 to 12 months. For the Ingram regimen, the average remission time is about 6 months.

The downsides are alleged skin cancer risks, and cost & hassle (as they presume it is a hospital treatment.)
    http://www.psoriasis-aid.com/psoriasis/coal_tar_psoriasis_medications-5.html
    Unfortunately, the Goeckerman regimen was considered a more energy-consuming and a less cost-effective psoriasis treatment by the US Health Insurance Companies. Therefore it might be impossible to find an inpatient clinic in the USA, which would be offering the Goeckerman regimen for psoriasis treatment.
    It has been stated by de Miguel et al., that an annual 3-week outpatient course of Goeckerman treatment costs $10,000-12,000 but repeat treatment may be extended to 2-years with the use of a $2,000 home UVB treatment lamp.(6). The authors state that biologic therapy costs $22,000-59,000 per year
    I think my coal tar and DIY light were under €60 in total, running costs of the light are negligible, thought the costs above would be for the bigger lights.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Johanna3

Hi all

Does anyone know of a Chinese practitioner in Ireland that can supply herbs in a cooked form that you add hot water to make a tea, in other words you dont have to boil up all the herbs yourself at home. I take herbs for a skin condition and they are the most effective treatment I have had to date, however it is messy and time consuming to prepared them, plus I will be travelling with work in the new year so I need them in a more convenient form, any one that has any info on this please?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭DeltaWhite

Hi everyone

I have been suffering with Psoriasis for 10 months now :( and it's agony, my skin is cracking, bleeding, itchy etc.. I cant shave my legs, dont want my OH to even look at me most days.
    My job wont allow me to go for the UVB treatment in St. James' as they said it's too "excessive" (3 days a week for 8 weeks, bear in mind it's only for about 1/2 an hour) so I have been left with no choice but to buy my own handheld UVB lamp.. I cannot wait to get it.
    I have raindrop psoriasis that seems to be slowly turning into plaque :( I literally cannot deal with it anymore. My main stress in life is my job as I have been bullied by my tyrant of a boss for 3 years, so I am seriously debating about leaving.

Will let you all know how I get on with the lamp!

Ps.. dont even tell me to try creams, I have spent a small fortune on them for 10 months and NONE of them work :( putting all my hope into this lamp and I really think I'll just crumble if it doesnt work :(

Advertisement