Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LIDL plus app

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭Thephantomsmask

gussieg wrote: »
    seems salmonella corner is no more. following in the stingy footsteps of Aldi and Tesco and themselves before lockdowns , Lidl is going back to just 30per cent reductions.
    I really would love to see a law passed making wastage of food punishable by fines. It really makes no sense, unless the places they were donating to before have reopened.

My aldi has a 75% off shelf beside the super 6 meats for stuff on the final use by date. Stuff rarely makes it in though since they put the 30% stickers on a few days in advance and it gets bought up.

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭questionmark

Dose anybody know if it's just the happy bear sweets you can get on the scratchcard or can you collect the other sweets in the pic ?

• Registered Users Posts: 28 HelenHelen

Dose anybody know if it's just the happy bear sweets you can get on the scratchcard or can you collect the other sweets in the pic ?
    I activated the offer, got the sour bears but they didn't deduct so I paid for them.

Coupon still activated maybe I'll have to go for the healthier option of the tomato paste next time.

Mildy annoying but I'm enjoying the bears.

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭Yyhhuuu

georgem25 wrote: »
    There was meat in my local lidl for just 90 cents this evening and curry for 20 cent yesterday

Those bargains is no longer available in my local Lidl stores. Only 30% off like Aldi. Why are their reduced price stickers so illegible. They have been poorly printed for YEARS. Lidl are quite stingy ( apart from their very generous app of course) and their security are overzealous in closely watching customer which makes shopping experience unplesant for law-abiding customers. This isn't just my opinion but the opinion of my equally law-abiding friends. There are no such problems in other shops.

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭EarWig

They sometimes use blank orange stickers. Manager told me that's 30% off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭amber2

HelenHelen wrote: »
    I activated the offer, got the sour bears but they didn't deduct so I paid for them.

Coupon still activated maybe I'll have to go for the healthier option of the tomato paste next time.

Mildy annoying but I'm enjoying the bears.

Mine worked but I didn’t get the sour just the ordinary Happy Bear jellies.

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭questionmark

https://ibb.co/252FCd0
    Next week's offers

252FCd0

252FCd0

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭Nollog

I got sour bears and was charged full price, so it's only the happy bears.
    You could complain to customer service though, they are pictured. Not worth it imo, the sour bears are well worth 99c anyway, I'll just get tomato paste next time, with my fake mentos.
    Yyhhuuu wrote: »
    Those bargains is no longer available in my local Lidl stores. Only 30% off like Aldi. Why are their reduced price stickers so illegible. They have been poorly printed for YEARS. Lidl are quite stingy ( apart from their very generous app of course) and their security are overzealous in closely watching customer which makes shopping experience unplesant for law-abiding customers. This isn't just my opinion but the opinion of my equally law-abiding friends. There are no such problems in other shops.

They're all a flat 30% off, they just press a 30% off button on the checkout.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭gussieg

always seem to be pushing those brodericks . many a time put them in the shopping, only to put them back out again.

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Cookiee

Heads up, if youre registered for the free period product, it's available today on the app! Got my notification and voucher for tampons or pads

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭EarWig

OmegaGene wrote: »
    You are probably going at the wrong time of day to get the clearance food at the 90 cent price as it’s a national campaign to reduce waste not the shops they want or don’t want
    Poorly printed stickers makes no difference to the end price at checkout it’s all computerised they just hit a button
    As for security if you are looking at them all paranoid then they will look at you lol, just go about your business as normal and there won’t be an issue with security
    Just got a lot of 20c. It's hit or miss.

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭Renjit

https://ibb.co/252FCd0
    Next week's offers

252FCd0

252FCd0

I am the eggman!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭Whiplashy

Cookiee wrote: »
    Heads up, if youre registered for the free period product, it's available today on the app! Got my notification and voucher for tampons or pads

Not showing up on my app

• Registered Users Posts: 23,286 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Simply OJ 1l and Stackers crisps to offers
    woohoo

• Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭oneweb

/\/ollog wrote: »
    I got sour bears and was charged full price, so it's only the happy bears.
    You could complain to customer service though, they are pictured.
    I had the same problem with the loo blocks - blue and green in the box, but seems only the blue were on offer.

It is what it's.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭oneweb

Twix discount didn't work, foil discount didn't work, free sweets didn't work All on offer, all activated, all at the end of aisle Lidl Plus space. They're sick of me asking for refunds now , but it'll be the only way they sort out the constant problems. Think I'll just use the cash discounts from now on, it's all just a stupid amount of hassle!

It is what it's.

Whiplashy wrote: »
    Not showing up on my app

Did you register for them? You had to register before the 27th April to receive them in May, if you didn't you can register today and receive them in June I think

oneweb wrote: »
    Twix discount didn't work, foil discount didn't work, free sweets didn't work All on offer, all activated, all at the end of aisle Lidl Plus space. They're sick of me asking for refunds now , but it'll be the only way they sort out the constant problems. Think I'll just use the cash discounts from now on, it's all just a stupid amount of hassle!

That's weird, I got the happy bears and foil today no problem, the vouchers came off, might be a problem with your local Lidl?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭Icsics

I’ve had issues too, card scanned & offers activated but often don’t show on receipt. Checkout person gave me €1.50 coins back yesterday, Yops wouldn’t reduce.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭Whiplashy

Cookiee wrote: »
    Did you register for them? You had to register before the 27th April to receive them in May, if you didn't you can register today and receive them in June I think

Yeah I registered a couple days after they announced it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,497 ✭✭✭Gormal

oneweb wrote: »

You are not alone, going for the offers and not getting the discounts. Bit fed up with it TBH. One staff member said to activate all the coupons.... does anyone do that and still have it not work??

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭BlondeBomb

Salad Dressing or Toffee Hitz on the scratch card.

Also saw the Jaffa Cakes on the stand.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,286 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Guessing by previous months, it'll be a e1 off as well

• Registered Users Posts: 43 GipsyMoth

Gormal wrote: »
    You are not alone, going for the offers and not getting the discounts. Bit fed up with it TBH. One staff member said to activate all the coupons.... does anyone do that and still have it not work??

I always activate everything and I have been having problems with the free scratchcards not working and I end up paying for them

It happened to my friend yesterday too

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭RebelScorned

I've never had any issues with my Lidl Plus app at all until today and i've been using it a couple of times a month since it was introduced.

Went to my local store this morning to pick up some of those little Buxus trees and picked up some of the Lidl Plus offers too (olive oil, jellies, mixed nuts, brownies, chicken, buns, tampons) - I had all deals activated even though i didn't intend on picking up all of them - scanned app at beginning of transaction before I started packing so didn't notice discounts coming off at the end. Till lady handed me a paper receipt and I only checked after loading shopping into the car so I went back in to her and she refunded me cash for the offers that did not go through. She couldn't have been any nicer and defo got the impression that this was not the first time that this has happened. I still got a new scratchcard for next week (Toffee biscuits or salad dressing) and digital receipt there on my app but no offers came off despite being activated.

Because I didn't get the little Buxus trees I wanted, I drove on to my next nearest store in the next town, chanced my arm and picked up the same products that were on Lidl Plus app and all discounts came off this time around.

Effectively I ended up getting double the discounts but still if it wasn't for trying to track down those trees, I wouldn't have bothered travelling to next store. Also happy to report that I got the trees that I went searching for!

Going forward I will leave scanning the app until the end of the transaction so I can make sure it has been accepted. Must be a pain for staff having to reconcile their tills every night if they have to hand out cash refunds when the app doesn't work.

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭Careful_now!

Gormal wrote: »

Yep!

I activated all of discounts.

Double checked it all before going into the shop.

Pringles and twix bars didn't reduce. I checked the app and those 2 were the only ones shown last not active.

They were definitely active when I was going into the shop

• Registered Users Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭Buffman

I had to scan 3 times to get it to work today, first trouble I've had in a while. Cashier showed me what was popping up on his screen, some sort of communication error or something.

I checked the app and those 2 were the only ones shown last not active.

They were definitely active when I was going into the shop

That's happened me a few times back when the app first came out, checked vouchers were active literally at the till while waiting, go through till and they've deactivated themselves.

FYI, if you move to a 'smart' meter electricity plan, you CAN'T move back to a non-smart plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,624 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

It's not in their leaflets, but lidl got a whole load of kids garden things in today (playhouse, slide, sandpit etc). I put some details over in the infant and toddler bargains if you want a look...

https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2055889485/549/#post117094754

• Registered Users Posts: 9,261 ✭✭✭Macy0161

Had this issue this evening. All were active, even at the till when it wasn't taking them off. They had to put the discounts through manually in the end.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,857 ✭✭✭thesandeman

Worked fine for me at 5:15pm.
    They seem to have a very weird IT system. Their digital gift cards have never scanned in my store but work perfectly for other Boardsies elsewhere.

Advertisement