Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Things Cat Trialvilly Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

''where the fuuck is my phone?!''

*gets up out of bed yanking the duvet up with me*

*loud bang*

phone has fallen under inconvenient spot under the bed. TA

• Registered Users Posts: 13,367 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

PsychoPete wrote: »
    Hopefully the snow stays wherever it is

No going against the TA!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,720 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Hopefully the snow stays wherever it is

Yes. Can't understand grown adults who get excited about white stuff that makes this country grind to a halt.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

Dial Hard wrote: »
    Where's me snow???

Every time I check the forecast it seems to have been pushed out and/or downgraded. I generally take an "I'll believe it when I see it" approach to snow, otherwise I get reeeeeeaaalllly excited and I'm actually not able for the disappointment if/when it doesn't happen, but this one really seemed to be locked in so I allowed myself to look forward to it. Should have known better :(

I just don't bother with those headlines anymore. It's all a load of shíte. Meant to start 6am today. Then 6pm this evening. I think we had eleven flakes, that was it. Pathetic :(

Yes. Can't understand grown adults who get excited about white stuff that makes this country grind to a halt.

The country has been ground to a halt for the last year anyway :D

I love snow, the way everything is so quiet* and peaceful. It makes everything look beautiful (until it turns to filthy slush of course). And there's something so cosy about lighting the fire when there's a heap of snow outside :)

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.accuweather.com/en/weather-news/why-does-it-become-so-quiet-after-a-fresh-snowfall/352439/amp

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,901 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

I’m making mashed potatoes. All the potatoes cut up into same sized chunks. Boiling away for the last 40 minutes or so. Checking them regularly.

Pierce a few and they’re done to perfection, so I strain them, add some butter and start mashing. All good, until I suddenly hit one potato that is hard as a rock and not cooked through. How the fück did this one manage to survive the cooking process? Even its other half was cooked properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,084 ✭✭✭✭blade1

file-1027x560.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,537 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

The last thing I want when I've to get up and go to work is the place covered in snow

• Registered Users Posts: 12,990 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Anna Geary's roaring voice on Fittest Family.

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 7,244 ✭✭✭CH3OH

Anna Geary's roaring voice on Fittest Family.

Heartbreak for Anna ... relief for Ireland

• Advertisement

I’m making mashed potatoes. All the potatoes cut up into same sized chunks. Boiling away for the last 40 minutes or so. Checking them regularly.

Pierce a few and they’re done to perfection, so I strain them, add some butter and start mashing. All good, until I suddenly hit one potato that is hard as a rock and not cooked through. How the fück did this one manage to survive the cooking process? Even its other half was cooked properly.
    I can't help with the cooking issue but your post reminds me of a TA I once saw a stupid inspirational meme or something, that was trying to equate the fact that an egg goes hard in hot water and a potato goes soft in it, with the idea that we don't know what we are made of until we are in hot water. Ok I completely butchered that one! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,901 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

Antares35 wrote: »
    I can't help with the cooking issue but your post reminds me of a TA I once saw a stupid inspirational meme or something, that was trying to equate the fact that an egg goes hard in hot water and a potato goes soft in it, with the idea that we don't know what we are made of until we are in hot water. Ok I completely butchered that one! :D

This potato clearly identified as an egg.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,150 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I don't mind reality TV.
    However what annoys me is when the viewers take it seriously and believe the fights, drama, etc.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,661 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

New Home wrote: »
    How about racing green? Or some shade of viridian? Some more here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_racing_green (look at the bottom). :)
    It's IRISH green because we let them run the Gordon Bennett Race here :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 30,150 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

How easy it is to buy things on Amazon when you've your card details saved on the app.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,720 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

The last thing I want when I've to get up and go to work is the place covered in snow

Proper pain in the hole I agree.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭branie2

The little kid in the 3 Family plan ad. He needs a clip across the ear for telling his mother what to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭dennyire

branie2 wrote: »
    The little kid in the 3 Family plan ad. He needs a clip across the ear for telling his mother what to do.

Whats he saying? Your screening at the table?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,102 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

dennyire wrote: »
    Whats he saying? Your screening at the table?

I think it is "no screens at the table".

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

criticism thrown in with unsolicited advice.

''your jumper's ugly looking, you should wear x''

fuuck off. TA

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭dennyire

I think it is "no screens at the table".

I think the mother should be castigated for letting her kid treat her like that

• Registered Users Posts: 2,968 ✭✭✭Patrick2010

People posting in the weather forum saying the snow is very heavy here without saying where "here" is and there's no clue in their login.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,741 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

People posting in the weather forum saying the snow is very heavy here without saying where "here" is and there's no clue in their login.

That usually means that they're from Dublin.

Same as the "where can I buy x" but don't give a location - it always turns out to be Dublin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭The Wizards Sleeve

Stupid slidey disconnected toilet seat in work. It's like rodeo sh!ting grrrr

• Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭oneweb

Having to ask for the coffee extra-hot, 'cos otherwise it's as warm as just leaving the milk out.

Taking a gulp of same-said coffee, somehow oblivious to what I'd asked for.

It is what it's.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭oneweb

How easy it is to buy things on Amazon when you've your card details saved on the app.

Likewise on any site when you've used your card so many times you've typed the long number, date and ccv before you've even realised °¡°

It is what it's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

Being put on a video call with half a second warning.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭spookwoman

I put my location in on a previous post and not dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Story of the dog lost in the mountains. Dogs goes off and chases deer and is lost for 2 week while only last week rte has a piece on about keeping dogs on leads as livestock were being killed and injured by dogs not on leads.
    No mention of keeping dogs on leads this time around.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,537 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Green peppers, they are just red peppers that failed at life

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement