Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The sun is dead!! Mini iceage???

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Kippure

redsunset wrote: »

Glad to see someone is putting it up to the likes of AL GORE AND HIS CARBON trading company.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Redsunset

STEREO Ahead image)

spots3.jpg
    SUNSPOT 1029 has become more magnetically organized and there is a chance for B and C-Class solar flares. The solar flux reached 76.9 Saturday. This is the highest flux reading of Cycle 24 thus far. When will the solar flux crack 80? 100? Time will tell.
    Since last month, there has been a sharp influx of sunspots, near sunspots and magnetic regions. You can still see some of the leftover regions from a month ago.
    Sunspot 1029 (Sunday)
    spots.jpg
    Magnetic Map of the sun (Saturday)
    spots2.jpg

Hmmm i wonder if it's all gonna kick off!!!

new solar cycle predictions,

http://www.hm-treasury.gov.uk/d/Solar_Cycles_24_and_25_and_Predicted_Climate_Response_22nd_October.pdf

solar%20forecast.JPG

KEN RING

I don't think Ireland is in for as a bad winter as parts of Europe and Asia and most of the US will probably have, and this is because of the low sunspot count that's going on making the world cooler at the moment, and the world has been cooling since 2004, so Ireland just won't have the usual warmer days causing the evaporation which will fall as precipitation, on days that are cool enough. So I would say it won't be a nice winter but it won't be severe.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭Duiske

The Sunspot (1029) that has been visible for the past 4/5 days has turned into a biggie. Largest sunspot in the past year apparently.

1029_anim_512.gif?

Just for a bit of perspective on the size of this sunspot, the entire Earth could fit into the core,and end to end it is about 50,000Km long.

• Advertisement

• All quiet on the western front!
    midi512_blank.gif?PHPSESSID=ljll87aucvsu4upqmh7p2a7mo5

hiwayman wrote: »
    Ok, so we've had 3 crap summers in a row, where the jet stream was very reluctant to move north and we're in the middle of the deepest solar minimum in 100 years. So what were the summers like (in this part of the world) around 1911? Anyone know where to find out? And if solar cycle 24 continues to ramp up slowly, what's the prospects for next years summer?

http://booty.org.uk/booty.weather/climate/1900_1949.htm

Great historical record of weather for the last few thousand years with great detail for the past 1,000 years!

All quiet on the western front!
    midi512_blank.gif?PHPSESSID=ljll87aucvsu4upqmh7p2a7mo5

NOT-SO-BLANK SUN: Today, the sunspot number is zero, which means the sun is blank, right? Wrong. This morning, NASA's STEREO-A spacecraft photographed sunspot 1029 seething with activity over the sun's western horizon:
    20091103_024530_n7euA_195_strip.jpg
    Photo credit: STEREO Extreme Ultra Violet Telescope (195 A)
    This impressive sunspot, which rotated over the sun's western limb three days ago, does not add to the sunspot number because it is no longer visible from Earth. Astronomers only count spots that are on the Earth-facing side of the sun. That's how it's been done since Rudolph Wolf invented the sunspot number in 1848. In those days, only one side of the sun was visible from Earth, so the tradition was established.

Now, however, for the first time in the history of astronomy, NASA's twin STEREO spacecraft are seeing over the sun's horizon, tracking sunspots that officially "don't count." The two spacecraft are moving toward opposite sides of the sun, and by February 2011 the entire sun will be under their watchful eyes. Perhaps it is time to start thinking about a "whole sun" sunspot number. As today's image shows, the sun is not always as blank as it appears to be.

so the question now is, do we continue to count whats being done for centuries or get out of the dark ages and start counting properly?

I feel we have the technology now to do it right so lets start using it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,279 ✭✭✭✭M.T. Cranium

The summer of 1911 was hot in both western Europe and eastern North America. 1912 was considerably cooler in both cases, 1913 somewhat warmer than average in North America.

I think the better comparison is probably to 1809-11 or thereabouts.

However, I think of solar activity as a background factor in overall global climate, changing the baseline. There can still be large variations on that somewhat depressed baseline. This seems to be what we're seeing in 2009 certainly in North America where the warmest months are not that spectacular and the coldest months have been very cold (last January for example in central and eastern N America).

If a major El Nino was to come along either soon or in 2-3 years, this could overwhelm low solar activity as a forcing feature and change the baseline to something above 30-year averages.

Personally, I think AGW effects are something like 0.5 C, solar variability can reduce baselines by about 1.0 C, and natural cycles and variation can account for up to 4-6 C deg depending on region. If there were to be a volcanic dust veil that could drop the baseline another 1-2 C deg.

All these factors are largely independent and have to work together in ways that could involve different sorts of "trade offs" regionally. For example, where I live (British Columbia) we can count on a large positive anomaly from a moderate to strong El Nino lasting 12-18 months. In Baffin Island at the other end of the country, the likely result is slightly negative.

People are talking a lot about a "solar storm" in 2012-13, is there any real consensus among predictions about this being unusually severe, or do they just mean the usual peak in auroral activity that comes along usually with or just after the solar cycle peaks? I'm wondering how much of the "Mayan doomsday" thinking has crept into this solar storm discussion.

Just to touch on my views of the Mayan doomsday (21 Dec 2012) I think it means nothing at all. The so-called alignment of the sun and galactic centre is not precise but is only marginally different from year to year, it's not as though suddenly there is some monstrous alignment that was never close before. Also the concept of Mayan long calendar cycles (260 yr) ending and new ones starting with supposed cataclysmic portents for earthlings, this seems imprecise at best and is really just a feature of their way of keeping time, not any sort of meaningful physical process. Of course, with the state of the world right now, we'll be lucky to see how 21 Dec 2012 actually turns out.

• redsunset wrote: »

so the question now is, do we continue to count whats being done for centuries or get out of the dark ages and start counting properly?

I feel we have the technology now to do it right so lets start using it.

I would say that for statistical analysis you would need to retain the existing method to be consistant with historical data.

But there is nothing wrong with reading those on "the dark side if the sun as well" on a separate chart.

Question: do the spots on the other side affect the Earths weather?

• Advertisement

How Long Will Our Sun Remain Quiet and Cosmic Rays Increase?

“We don’t have records prior to 1874 that give us details about the sun.
    Compared to the past 130 years, our sun now is unprecedented as far as
    how
    slow this Solar Cycle 24 is taking off - or not taking off!” [SIZE=+1]
    - D[/SIZE]avid Hathaway, Ph.D., NASA Heliospheric Team Leader

N[SIZE=-1]ASA'S Advanced Composition Explorer satellite (ACE) launched
    August 1997 to study solar particles and galactic cosmic rays. It has nine
    instruments onboard that helps it track solar wind and galactic cosmic
    rays from interstellar space beyond the heliosphere. ACE serves as a
    space weather station while in orbit. ACE can provide a one-hour advance
    warning of any geomagnetic storms that are caused by coronal mass ejections.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=-1]
    Strong solar coronal mass ejections can disrupt radio, TV and
    telephone communications on Earth.[/SIZE]

What has happened to our sun?
    NASA’s Heliospheric Team Leader, David Hathaway, says he cannot find another solar minimum in the past that has acted quite like this one that has put out only a few sunspots since Solar Cycle 24 officially began at the end of 2008.

Our sun is so quiet that solar physicists from around the world gathered in September to discuss whether we are entering a period similar to the Maunder Minimum of 1645 to 1715, when for 70 years the sun was spotless and there was a mini-ice age.

There was no ACE satellite then, but measurements of beryllium concentrations in ice layers indicate that during the Maunder Minimum, cosmic rays were 2.5 times what they are now. Dr. Hathaway points out that Earth scientists did not start measuring cosmic rays until the beginning of the modern Space Age in the early 1960s, and that for the past five decades, our sun might have been unusually active.

[SIZE=+1]Interview:[/SIZE]

David Hathaway, Ph.D., Heliospheric Team Leader, NASA Marshall Space Flight Center, Huntsville, Alabama: “In the 50 years or so we’ve been making the (cosmic ray) measurements – yeah! this is by far the highest level of galactic cosmic rays that we’re seeing at Earth and we know exactly what is causing it. It’s the sun’s weakened magnetic fields and weakened solar winds that are all related to this Solar Cycle 24 minimum.

Beryllium is produced in the Earth’s upper atmosphere by cosmic rays striking nitrogen in particular and you find it in ice cores. If you look back at the record, there are significant changes. But, the amount that you see also depends on the strength and variations of the Earth’s magnetic field.

Periods like the Maunder Minimum occupy about 15% of the time. If you looked over thousands of years of Beryllium 10, it looks like 15% of the time, the sun is in this quiet state where it’s not producing sunspots. Given that, we’re about due. And I think that’s what comes up and why people are actively talking about grand minima like the Maunder Minimum is that if you go by percentages and the fact it has been so active, then we’re about due (for a long minimum).

We don’t have records prior to 1874 that give us details about the sun. Compared to the past 130 years, our sun now is unprecedented as far as how slow this Solar Cycle 24 is taking off - or not taking off!

[SIZE=+2]Understanding the Peculiar
    2008 - 2009 Solar Minimum [/SIZE]

WHEN YOU GET TOGETHER NOW WITH YOUR SOLAR AND HELIOSPHERIC COLLEAGUES, DO YOU TALK ABOUT WHAT THE ODDS ARE RIGHT NOW THAT WE COULD BE GOING INTO ANOTHER MAUNDER MINIMUM?

It comes up in conversations all the time! (laughs) There is no doubt about it - it’s in the back of our minds!
    Certainly the Maunder Minimum comes up. We recently had a meeting of 60 or 70 solar and heliospheric physicists from around the world who met on Mount Desert Island in Maine back in late September.
    [SIZE=+1]S[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]eptember 2009 gathering of solar and heliospheric physics from around the world
    on Mount Desert Island, Maine, to discuss “Understanding the Peculiar Solar Minimum.”[/SIZE]
    The title of the meeting was “Understanding the Peculiar Solar Minimum” – meaning this one! (laughs) The interesting thing is that at one point during that meeting, we took a vote amongst ourselves about how many thought that this Solar Cycle 24 is so peculiar that it would have a name attached to it, like Maunder Minimum or Dalton Minimum. It was a small minority that thought that it was that peculiar.
    The vast majority felt that this is a significant minimum. It’s smaller than anything we have seen in the 50 years of the Space Age. But it does look like you can go back 100 years or so and find other similar minima.
    Now, science is not done by voting! (laughs) So, it remains to be seen about what actually does happen in this Solar Cycle 24.
    These were some of the world’s experts in these areas that concluded – yes, this is a deep solar minimum, but at this point, we’re not quite ready to say this is so weird that we need to give a name to it – that it’s something we haven’t seen in 200 years.

HOW DID YOU VOTE?

I didn’t think it was that peculiar. The only peculiar thing I see about it is that it’s so reluctant to get going.
    Others are talking about the cosmic rays are through the roof. The number of spotless days is more than we’ve seen in a hundred years. The sun’s poles are weaker than we’ve seen in 30 years. Boy! We have a lot of things we’d like to do that require sunspots on the sun to help us understand how the sun and solar activity work. And without sunspots, we’re kind of shut down! (laughs)
    And we also know that at some point, the sun is going to go into another minimum like the Maunder Minimum, but predicting when – I’m not sure I’m ready to go out on that limb. (laughs)

[SIZE=+2]What Happened to 2006 Predictions
    of Huge Solar Cycle 24?[/SIZE]

ISN’T IT ESPECIALLY STRANGE FOR YOU BECAUSE THREE YEARS AGO, ALL THE PHYSICS OF THE SUN THAT YOU AND NASA AND EVERYBODY ELSE WAS USING WERE ANTICIPATING THAT THIS COULD BE THE BIGGEST SOLAR MAXIMUM ON RECORD?

There were indications back then. I am writing a paper – it’s on my computer as we speak (laughs) – basically saying that I made a big mistake – myself and Bob Wilson – when we wrote a paper in 2006, suggesting Solar Cycle 24 was going to be a huge cycle based on conditions at that time. The problem we had with our prediction was that it was based on a method that assumes that we’re near sunspot cycle minimum.
    We had just previously gone through three or four sunspot cycles that had been only ten years long each, so for the one in 1996 to 2006, it seemed like a reasonable assumption. But as we now know, we were off by at least two years. And if we take conditions on the sun now, it’s a completely different story. The conditions now – using even that same technique from 2006 – says that the next sunspot cycle is going to be half what we thought it was back in 2006.
    Another big prediction in 2006 was based on a dynamo model – a model for how the sun produces magnetic fields - and it suggested a huge cycle.
    But there also were people back at that time saying otherwise. A group of colleagues led by Leif Svalgaard, Ph.D., were looking at the sun’s polar fields and saying even at that point, the sun’s polar fields were significantly weaker than they had been before and those scientists back then predicted it was going to be a small cycle.

[SIZE=+2]How Small Will Solar Cycle 24 Be? [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=+1]S[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]unspot 1029, a Solar Cycle 24 magnetic disturbance,
    grew from October 24 to 29 and has reached about 32,000 miles
    (50,000 kilometers) end-to-end as it heads around to the back side of the sun.
    According to Spaceweather.com, the number of days in 2009 without sunspots
    as of November 12, was 249[/SIZE][SIZE=-1], or 76% of the time our sun was blank.
    [/SIZE]I’ve come around to that view now. I think there is little doubt in my mind now that we’re in for a small cycle. The big question now is how small? I think most of us are predicting small cycles. I think even the techniques I’m using now are suggesting HALF the size of the last three or four solar cycles, but my fear is that even that might be too big just from the fact that it’s taken so long for this Solar Cycle 24 to really get off the ground and start producing sunspots.
    I have no doubt at this point that it’s going to be a little cycle. My current prediction is that it’s going to be about half of what we’ve seen in the last four solar cycles or so. But in my gut, I feel it’s going to be smaller than that! (laughs) It’s just so slow in taking off and the indicators that we see – both the polar fields and the geomagnetic indicators are lower than anything we’ve seen before.

[SIZE=+2]No More 2012 Solar Maximum for Cycle 24?[/SIZE]

ISN’T IT IRONIC THAT THERE HAS BEEN ALL THIS ANTICIPATION OF 2012 BECAUSE OF THE CLOSING DOWN OF THE MAYAN CALENDAR AND THE EXPECTATION THAT POSSIBLY SOMETHING ON OR FROM THE SUN OR RELATED TO THE SUN MIGHT IMPACT THE EARTH DURING SOME LARGE SOLAR MAXIMUM IN 2012. BUT RIGHT NOW, DOES IT SEEM LIKE THE SUN WILL BE ESPECIALLY QUIET IN 2012?

Indeed. In fact, when we came out with the prediction of a big cycle back in 2006, I got lots of emails from folks. If it was going to be such a big cycle, it should have started in 2006 so by 2012, it ought to be at its peak.
    And at this point, it looks like, ‘No, I don’t think so!’ (laughs) Not at all! I think it’s going to be a small peak and it’s not going to be in 2012. It’s going to be in 2013. So, I think any connection that people might try to make between solar activity and the end of the Mayan calendar cycle is problematic.

IN FACT, IN 2012, THE SUN MIGHT BE THE QUIETEST IT HAS BEEN AT A SOLAR MAXIMUM FOR 130 OR MORE YEARS?

Yes, indeed! It might be. The Mayans never said there were going to be disasters. It’s just that it’s the end of that cycle and you start another one.

IS IT FAIR TO SAY THAT THE SUN IS BOTH PECULIAR AND UNPREDICTABLE?

Yeah, I’d buy that! (laughs) Most definitely!

[SIZE=+2]Our Variable Sun[/SIZE]

WHICH IS KIND OF EERIE FOR EARTH LIFE DEPENDENT ON THAT SUN?.

Yeah, the good thing is that when you look at what we really depend upon, which is the radiant energy from the sun – even over the full extent of the sunspot cycle, that only varies by 1/10th of 1%. So, we’re lucky in that regard. It’s a small change. If it were big, I think in terms of evolution, we wouldn’t be here talking about it. But the fact is when it comes to variable stars, our sun’s variability is tiny. Any big solar variations could really wreak havoc on our climate and survivability.

[SIZE=+2]Our Middle Age Sun Is Getting Brighter [/SIZE]

In fact, in the much longer picture looking over billions of years, the sun is getting brighter. The sun now is some 30% brighter as far as the energy it puts out than it was 3.5 or 4 billion years ago. This is just part of how stars work. As they burn up the hydrogen in the core to make helium, the core starts to collapse a bit and heat up and that expands the outer layers and makes the sun brighter.

IN THE EVER-INCREASING BRIGHTNESS OF OUR SUN, IT IS HEADED TO BECOMING A RED GIANT AT ITS DEATH, ISN’T IT?

Yeah – we’ve got a long time to wait for that – another 4.5 to 5 billion years! But the sun is quite erratic and really hard to predict. I know from very personal experience!” (laughs)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 hiwayman

Himmm, yes, we live in interesting times, but I think I might prefer uninteresting and stable, for a Chinese man once said about his enemy.
    "May he live in interesting times"

SOLAR MINIMUM:

The sun is in the pits of a very deep solar minimum. Many researchers thought the sunspot cycle had hit bottom in 2008 when the sun was blank 73% of the time. Not so. 2009 is on the verge of going even lower. So far this year, the sun has been blank 75% of the time, and only a serious outbreak of sunspots over the next few weeks will prevent 2009 from becoming the quietest year in a century. Solar minimum continues.

Spotless Days
    Current Stretch: 9 days
    2009 total: 252 days (75%)
    Since 2004: 763 days
    Typical Solar Min: 485 days

Remember that in 2008 we had 266 spotless days so def on course to beat it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 QuasarK19

We stand vindicated, my friend.
    The hacked emails are turning up the heat on the global warming fanatics.The "trick" temperature measurement mail is particularly insightful.

Now the only fair thing to do is to strip al gore of the peace prize and give it to you:D.

The research on your thread alone trumps all the pseudo-scientific speechs and presentations of big Al.You are a credit to the scientific community.

Years down the road Al's movie would be one of the best comedies of all time:D.

• Sunspot number: 0

Updated 05 Dec 2009

Spotless Days
    Current Stretch: 13 days
    2009 total: 256 days (76%)
    Since 2004: 767 days

Still very quiet, just one spot around the other side.

midi_farside_blank.gif?PHPSESSID=isc8kao6mbvb3l547k2cepc1u7

Another Dalton minimum perhaps??

Sunspot number: 0

Updated 05 Dec 2009

Spotless Days
    Current Stretch: 13 days
    2009 total: 256 days (76%)
    Since 2004: 767 days

Still very quiet, just one spot around the other side.

midi_farside_blank.gif?PHPSESSID=isc8kao6mbvb3l547k2cepc1u7

Another Dalton minimum perhaps??

Just 11 more days to the record.Things are getting really interesting now.

Yes our main climate driver has gone very quiet again after the recent burst of activity as the Flux chart indicates.

solar.gif

To help you understand when we talk about Flux,here's an excellent pdf on the matter.

http://www.arrl.org/tis/info/pdf/0209038.pdf

http://www.independent.co.uk/environment/climate-change/sunspots-do-not-cause-climate-change-say-scientists-1839867.html
    Sunspots do not cause climate change, say scientists

Leading scientists, including a Nobel Prize-winner, have rounded on studies used by climate sceptics to show that global warming is a natural phenomenon connected with sunspots, rather than the result of the man-made emissions of carbon dioxide.

http://www.weatherzone.com.au/news/minus-13-degrees-the-coldest-its-been-in-april/11794
    Last April, Australia
    A new Australian record was set early this morning, a temperature of minus 13 degrees, at Charlotte Pass on the Snowy Mountains.

http://www.perthnow.com.au/news/bureau-records-coldest-perth-september-day-in-10-years/story-e6frg1rc-1225781188834
    (Western Australia)
    PERTH shivered through the coldest September day in 10 years

http://mapcenter.hamweather.com/records/7day/us.html?c=maxtemp,mintemp,lowmax,highmin,snow
    USA more recently
    temperature records were set this month in the US:
    765 new snowfall records
    224 Low Temperature
    349 Lowest Max Temperatures
    Harvard Astro
    SolarIrradiance.jpg

• ^ Interesting, a good post for the "climategate" threads!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Apologies if this has been posted already, its from CERN and a lecture by James Kirkby. who is leading an experiment known as CLOUD The lecture is about the suns possible impact on climate variations.

The vid is about an hour long. Lots of science but well worth stiking with. I have only watched half of it at this point but Kirkby himself doesn't get political as his breif is science and attempting to understand.

http://cdsweb.cern.ch/record/1181073/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,822 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

An analyst I respect recommended this website if one is interested in the area of climate science.

http://www.friendsofscience.org/

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

Cheers for the input lads.

We have a huge sunspot at the moment thats 6 times larger than the earth and still growing.
    With only a couple of weeks left till the new year,we need 7 more spotless days to tie with last year so hopefully we beat it.

Spotless Days
    Current Stretch: 0 days
    2009 total: 259 days (75%)
    Since 2004: 770 days

• http://spaceweather.com/
    New sunspot 1035 is growing rapidly and it is now seven times wider than Earth. This makes it an easy target for backyard solar telescopes. Yesterday, Rogerio Marcon of Campinas, Brazil, photographed a maelstrom of hot plasma and magnetic filaments connecting the sunspot's dark cores:
    Rogerio-Marcon1_strip.jpg
    "Solar activity is picking up," he says.
    The magnetic polarity of the spot identifies it as a member of Solar Cycle 24--the cycle we've been waiting for to end the deepest solar minimum in nearly a century. One spot isn't enough to end the lull, but sunspot 1035 could herald bigger things to come. Stay tuned for updates.

Another couple of days and it will be around the other side so we could still see th record for spotless days.

It would be good to talk to al gore today about all the global warming thats going on.

Washington would be a good place,except for an inconvenient fact.He doesnt want to freeze his balls off as washington is experiencing its worst blizzard since records began.

Perhaps his next movie should be about how all the eurostar delays were figments of the passenger's imagination.

• There's nothing like watching a few protesters freezing while protesting against "global Warming" sonetimes the Irony isn't noticed!.

Anyway way OT, so back on track.

Three sets of spots visible at the moment, the chances of any more spotless days this year is diminishing.

sunspots_many_22_dec.JPG
    SOHO / NASA image 22 Dec 2009. Sunspots/developing spots circled.

The solar surface is “crackling” with life as it exhibits the greatest activity so far in Solar Cycle 24.
    The year 2009 needs 8 more sunspot-free days to exceed last year’s “blank” count of 266 as of the 22nd.

This will not happen.

The 2008 record of quietest sunspot levels since 1913 appears “ safe” now as it’s mathematically impossible for 2009 to exceed 2008 after the 23rd.

The current sunspot “burst”, which started in early December, is the longest continuous sunspot string since Cycle24 began.
    These data match up well with more recent solar forecasts, and an upward trend of solar emission since late September. The outlooks were consistently “off” for more than a year, but are now falling in line with projections. Solar activity and sunspot counts should continue to ramp upward as we move into 2010.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,093 ✭✭✭Amtmann

I just found this thread today and felt compelled to say wow - fascinating stuff! Keep up the great work. I shall drop in more often for a read.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭the iceman come

http://www.prophecynewswatch.com/March26/2692.html

although it is a bible type website, they lifted this article from the new scientest website and it is very interesting,echoing pretty much what has been said on here.

• http://www.prophecynewswatch.com/March26/2692.html

although it is a bible type website, they lifted this article from the new scientest website and it is very interesting,echoing pretty much what has been said on here.

Actually, this thread is about the likelyhood of the opposite effect - a quieter sun and fewer sunspots & solar storms are likely this solar cycle!

• Advertisement

So close ,yet so far.Breaks my heart.:pac:

Daily Sun: 26 Dec. 09 spacer.gifmidi163.gif spacer.gifThe Earth-facing side of the sun is blank--no sunspots. Image credit: SOHO/MDI spacer.gifspacer.gifSunspot number: 0

Spotless Days
    Current Stretch: 1 days
    2009 total: 260 days (72%)
    Since 2004: 771 days

Advertisement