Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parkside Homes New Development (Balgriffin)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭brisan

Solicitor confirmed that the contracts have been received but I have not seen them yet.

I think it's great about having house rules, I would imagine it's common for most new areas, especially more upper class areas to have these. Interesting about the management fee, this was not communicated to me during the viewing. My own thoughts are it's good to pay for general upkeep of the area, and not letting things fall away. Probably best for us to keep a close eye on the exact fee and open it up to community discussion once moved in.

I doubt very much if Parkside would fit in that category

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭bbehan202

brisan wrote: »
    I doubt very much if Parkside would fit in that category

Very constructive. Thank you.

bbehan202 wrote: »
    Very constructive. Thank you.

You are welcome

• Registered Users Posts: 27 thepolymath

We are in Walker Green but no confirmation of contracts by our solicitors till today. The EA did mention though last week that the contracts have been issued.

Regarding management fees, is this short term till the estate will be handed over to Dublin City Council, or is this permanent?

Very odd to see the rest of the earlier phases have no management fees. Hopefully the service provided would be better.

Regarding house rules, will review when we have sight of the contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭lcarrol3

We are in Walker Green but no confirmation of contracts by our solicitors till today. The EA did mention though last week that the contracts have been issued.

Regarding management fees, is this short term till the estate will be handed over to Dublin City Council, or is this permanent?

Very odd to see the rest of the earlier phases have no management fees. Hopefully the service provided would be better.

Regarding house rules, will review when we have sight of the contract.

From what I understand, the fees are permanent and Dublin City Council will not be taking the estate in charge.

I think as an OMC we could agree to sack the management company and take over the upkeep of the estate ourselves. Assuming there's not a huge contract we are tied into. :)

• Advertisement

lcarrol3 wrote: »
    From what I understand, the fees are permanent and Dublin City Council will not be taking the estate in charge.

I think as an OMC we could agree to sack the management company and take over the upkeep of the estate ourselves. Assuming there's not a huge contract we are tied into. :)

I think you must have a management company in place
    However the residents can pick the management company and get detailed accounts.
    It would soon fall asunder if left to individuals to do the work

I agree that we need a management company in place.

I agree that we need a management company in place.

Oh I would be inclined to agree. :) but as the OMC we do have control over the fees paid and over the company hired (if a company is hired). So I suppose my point is that as an OMC there should not be too much concern (for me anyway) with relation to management charges as it it became absolutely extortionate it is an option for changing company/self management under the MUD Act 2011.

Oh I would be inclined to agree. :) but as the OMC we do have control over the fees paid and over the company hired (if a company is hired). So I suppose my point is that as an OMC there should not be too much concern (for me anyway) with relation to management charges as it it became absolutely extortionate it is an option for changing company/self management under the MUD Act 2011.

Most management companies will give a good rate to start and slowly increase their charges
    Detailed accounts and invoices need to be kept and checked
    No point in being told grass cutting was 5k unless you have a detailed invoice and proof of funds being transferred

Hi all, signed contracts this morning on Parkside Gardens! Yay!

Our solicitor mentioned to us that there is a clause where you cannot hang a satellite dish, mind you, in the house rule. While it's not a deal breaker it's certainly annoying because I prefer Sky to Virgin or any other TV provider.

Has anyone in the previous phases had any luck with getting Sky in without a dish? Or any alternative arrangement? I have an undying hatred for virgin. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭Col_30

Our solicitor mentioned to us that there is a clause where you cannot hang a satellite dish, mind you, in the house rule. While it's not a deal breaker it's certainly annoying because I prefer Sky to Virgin or any other TV provider.

Has anyone in the previous phases had any luck with getting Sky in without a dish? Or any alternative arrangement? I have an undying hatred for virgin. :pac:

There's plenty of satellite dishes in Parkside. I wouldn't worry. If you can locate it at the rear of the house it would be better. I'm not sure what the situation is with the duplexes/apartments, but if it's your own house, not sure how they can stop you putting up a dish as it's your property and not a common area. I'm sure there's a planning issue, but is anyone really going to bother persuing that?

Col_30 wrote: »
    There's plenty of satellite dishes in Parkside. I wouldn't worry. If you can locate it at the rear of the house it would be better. I'm not sure what the situation is with the duplexes/apartments, but if it's your own house, not sure how they can stop you putting up a dish as it's your property and not a common area. I'm sure there's a planning issue, but is anyone really going to bother persuing that?
    The bit in bold
    management company can insist on it coming down

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭Col_30

brisan wrote: »
    The bit in bold
    management company can insist on it coming down

Yes, thank you, I read that.

It's against the rules, but if we are talking about a house with a dish at the rear, how will the OMC even know it's there and how will they access the property to remove it? It's not really enforceable.
    I've lived in a couple of developments where the OMC or management agent did not really care.

I have heard of them being removed from balconies though.

Col_30 wrote: »
    Yes, thank you, I read that.

It's against the rules, but if we are talking about a house with a dish at the rear, how will the OMC even know it's there and how will they access the property to remove it? It's not really enforceable.
    I've lived in a couple of developments where the OMC or management agent did not really care.

I have heard of them being removed from balconies though.

They wont
    They will insist you take it down and will take you to court if you do not
    Not all of Parkside has a management company hence the dishes .
    Those houses that have a management company will more than likely have to obey the rules they agreed to
    They could of course change the rules at an AGM

• Registered Users Posts: 1 parkside resident

Hi everyone,

For the property owners of Parkside homes, new phase 5C (under construction right now) which would be handed by December this year ( 2020 )

We have C2 type house in new construction, but we are looking for B type house, incase if anyone is interested in C type house, we can easily get it exchanged and can inform the Sales agent for further documentation. Please get in touch with me asap. We are in the contract signing phase. Thanks a million ðŸ™ðŸ»

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Ovenumo

Does anyone have any updates as to the progress? The last I was told was that it would be early November for snagging.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭mr_fruitbowl

I was onto EA the other day and asked if I could view the property they said not until snagging which is scheduled in November, so I'm expecting early December.

Received contract for Walker Green.

Solicitor has requested to insert Subject to Loan approval clause.

Apart from this anything else anyone requested to change or insert in the contract?? Any feedback would be highly appreciated.

Received contract for Walker Green.

Solicitor has requested to insert Subject to Loan approval clause.

Apart from this anything else anyone requested to change or insert in the contract?? Any feedback would be highly appreciated.

That's strange - our contracts came with the subject to finance clause.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭mr_fruitbowl

Anyone hear anything about being able to go and take measurements?

Or maybe someone has been sent more detailed (architect) plans which show exact measurements?

• Advertisement

Anyone hear anything about being able to go and take measurements?

Or maybe someone has been sent more detailed (architect) plans which show exact measurements?

No detailed drawing are ever given out on new houses as they would invariably be wrong
    Best waiting till you snag and laser measure the rooms

I wonder has anyone heard any more about when snagging is due or been contacted by the builders? I was told end of October by the EA.

Nothing on my end yet. Asked EA for a contact in the builders but we have to wait until they reach out to us. :(

As far as I know - still November for snagging and December for keys. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

bbehan202 wrote: »
    Nothing on my end yet. Asked EA for a contact in the builders but we have to wait until they reach out to us. :(

As far as I know - still November for snagging and December for keys. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Ah its so frustrating. I was speaking to our broker who said he has a few drawdowns that have been impacted on new builds because Irish Water and ESB are up to three months behind connecting new properties.

I very much hope they don't give us a week to organise a snag. I work in a hospital and leave is so hard to get with covid!!

- A friend of mine bought recently in the area and she didn't have the problem. She did say though that another friend of hers is buying closeby and the developer told her that snagging won't happen until the electricity and water have been connected hinting indeed at a delay.

- I imagine if you flagged lack of water/electricity in your snagging this would be a huge red flag and a deterrent.

- I am trying to arrange timelines too but given there is so much outside of builder's control it is tough to say and can't really blame them.

@lcarrol3 - I haven't been out there in a while. Are they still coming along okay?

To be honest I think clear and transparent communication is the key here so will push on estate agent a bit more if I hear nothing in the coming weeks. The parties usually drag this out by providing no information at all or manyana, manyana, manyaya so let's see.

Oh that would be brilliant then! It's very difficult when you're basing everything off Chinese whispers! Hopefully we'll get some indication of when to snag soon.

I've attached a recent pic here of houses on Parkside Gardens. Seems they're at least done internally - there's little "blue shoe covers must be worn" signs in the windows so. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6 kingkoala

Hello neighbors :)
    EA told us that snagging will be early November
    Houses seem really nice, thanks for the pic @Icarrol3

kingkoala wrote: »
    Hello neighbors :)
    EA told us that snagging will be early November
    Houses seem really nice, thanks for the pic @Icarrol3

Welcome! No problem. Looking forward to meeting you.

Lights on in Parkside Gardens this eve.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Leozord

Today I got an email from parkside saying that they got a house available. I was in the queue like a couple of months ago.

Unfortunately, I ended up getting another place for myself closer to city centre.

It is one of the E type houses. It was costing €455k and would be ready for snagging in November.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭BEdS_83

how is that Walker Drive? I think it's right behind the new priory, would that be an issue?

Thanks

Advertisement