Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Cheaper Eye Drops

Options
  • 22-09-2020 3:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭

I spend a fortune on eye drop products like Blink. Anyone got any online recommendations for cheaper eye drops?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭at9qu5vp0wcix7

I spend a fortune on eye drop products like Blink. Anyone got any online recommendations for cheaper eye drops?

Vision Direct are giving away a free bottle of eye drops with your next order using the code EVERCLEARDROP

• Registered Users Posts: 23,334 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Alternatively online UK chemists and use parcelmotel/addresspal for address
    or
    amazon.co.uk

• Registered Users Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭johnnykilo

Are these eye lubrication drops? Have you been diagnosed with something specific?

I only ask because I have a dry eye syndrome thing, and while the eye products are incredibly expensive, if you do have a diagnosed eye condition you're better off buying the more expensive ones as the cheaper say Boots own brand / Optrex ones, as these can actually make your condition worse in the long run as they're usually only meant for short term relief.

There was a gel based one called Liposec I had been using which was much cheaper than the Blink/Hylo ones. I think Liposec was around €5/6 for a tube compared to twice that for Blink/Hylo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Hawthorn Tree

johnnykilo wrote: »
    Are these eye lubrication drops? Have you been diagnosed with something specific?

I only ask because I have a dry eye syndrome thing, and while the eye products are incredibly expensive, if you do have a diagnosed eye condition you're better off buying the more expensive ones as the cheaper say Boots own brand / Optrex ones, as these can actually make your condition worse in the long run as they're usually only meant for short term relief.

There was a gel based one called Liposec I had been using which was much cheaper than the Blink/Hylo ones. I think Liposec was around €5/6 for a tube compared to twice that for Blink/Hylo.

I use the Hylo ones for dry eyes. I will look up liposec. thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭rogeyspoint

Hylo Red or Thealoz Duo are excellent, well worth the money for your eyes. Both have long expiry dates from time of opening compared to cheapers ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭flipflophead22

I have been using the hylo blue for dry eyes and find them good but are the red better?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭lucalux

I use this for dry eyes and it's so much more hygienic as a spray, I find. Lasts longer since no air gets in to the bottle

https://www.tesco.ie/groceries/Product/Details/?id=267390393

Just remembered this one too, out of stock on this website, I got it in a few different health food shops.
    Lipid layer product, was quite good quality.
    https://www.nourish.ie/p/naturalife-eye-logic-liposomal-eye-spray-10ml/clav001

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭rogeyspoint

I have been using the hylo blue for dry eyes and find them good but are the red better?

Red are for everyday use. Liposec used for very dry eyes as its gel based.

Advertisement