Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

LIDL plus app

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

I'd say i will buy 2 of those (ice cream and cod fillets). Not my week :) Still better than a kick up the jaxie.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭grimm2005

Had an issue with the app in store yesterday, had about €6 worth of vouchers activated, everything packed up, scanned no problem but the cashier just showed me her screen which just said "no internet connection" and offered nothing but a sorry. Since I had everything packed and there was queue behind I just paid and left a bit p!ssed off. Sent them an email from the app and they pushed out €7 of vouchers to my app.

Pretty happy with that resolution tbh, I can use the vouchers again plus I've an extra €7 to spend on general shopping.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 158 ✭✭Zebrag

grimm2005 wrote: »
    Had an issue with the app in store yesterday, had about €6 worth of vouchers activated, everything packed up, scanned no problem but the cashier just showed me her screen which just said "no internet connection" and offered nothing but a sorry. Since I had everything packed and there was queue behind I just paid and left a bit p!ssed off. Sent them an email from the app and they pushed out €7 of vouchers to my app.

Pretty happy with that resolution tbh, I can use the vouchers again plus I've an extra €7 to spend on general shopping.

Did you have your data connected to your phone?

The lady in the Lidl store I go to is trying to push to get WiFi in their store as they've noticed a lot of the elderly completely not understanding what data is so they assume their WiFi is connect to their phone from their homes. God love them.

I got €1 off my next shop from the stratch card so I'm happy with that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,439 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

zell12 wrote: »
    Excellent quality products at reasonable prices
    yet folk still complain

I've spotted today a sneaky increase in the price of donuts.
    It was 4 for 2 euro.ideal for the family. Then then made them a 3 pack for 1.50 resulting in buying 2 packs for 4 people. Now today it's 2 euro for 3.

Donuts were our weekly treat. They are now off the list

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭voluntary

It's been several times already where I paid the full price for a 'treat' trom the app deal because they changed the deal and de-activated the original one. Sneaky bastards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭gussieg

Went in to get the ice cream, yet it's not available in the app now I know it's only 50p but that's what got me in back in the door

• Registered Users Posts: 30,150 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

gussieg wrote: »
    Went in to get the ice cream, yet it's not available in the app now I know it's only 50p but that's what got me in back in the door

If your in the Republic of Ireland the Ice-cream isn't on offer until October 1st!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭GY A1

Didn’t collect the chocolate bar on the last scratch card but €1 off the next shop today ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭KAGY

Won the rich tea last week, but they were out of stick both times I went in. Picked up the malted milk and was pleasantly surprised to see i got them for free on the app. Didn't ask for it, happened automatically

• Registered Users Posts: 3,924 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

1 off on scratch card ! Fair play lidl

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭LillySV

123654789 wrote: »
    Pink lady apples yet again, is this the 4th time?
    €1.99 with the discount whereas aldi have a pack of 8 for 99c.

And lidls near me never have em when go on offer ...didn’t even bother going to check this time as sick of being let down... going in to get deals that don’t materialize , the cost of many of their items goin up as they realise giving away cheap junk food will get people in ... went to aldi and dunnes this weekend, stayed clear of lidl and got better stuff and better prices

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭PopTarts

PopTarts wrote: »

Today, I got Rice Pudding :(

I think I was the only person who got this monstrosity. Didn’t bother with it.

I got the €1 voucher yesterday.

My partner got the €1 voucher the day after I got the rice pudding.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,084 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Also got €1 on the oul scratcher :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭un5byh7sqpd2x0

gussieg wrote: »

You’re 5 days early

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 13,981 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Yeah got €1 again today, only got one other day

• Registered Users Posts: 17,863 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Used a one EUR off voucher on some milk and butter today and got another EUR off in the scratchcard afterwards, can't complain about that...

• Registered Users Posts: 19,609 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

The 1 euro off scratchies are great, especially as there is no minimum spend. Last time I had one I was only getting milk, bread and bananas, it came to 3 euro odd and the voucher gave me around 33% off the shop, sweet.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭Nollog

https://i.imgur.com/IWwEikE.png

Just got this after two one euro off qpons this week, fair is fair I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭Nollog

OmegaGene wrote: »
    you really need a bigger photo

A phone screenshot, forgot they're crazy resolution.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,609 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Was in yesterday and only wanted the baguettes but they were sold out. Got the free Rich Tea with the intention of putting them in the Food Cloud trolley beyond checkouts but it wasnt there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭gussieg

in case anyone was wondering , apparently the motor oil never materialised , i asked when , she said, 'when we next advertise it'

• Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭California Dreamer

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Loads of it in my local Lidl

Would you really put Lidl oil in your car? Save a few bob in the short term but invite possible bigger problems down the line. I hate buying the good stuff but would rather protect my car

• Registered Users Posts: 7,858 ✭✭✭cletus

Would you really put Lidl oil in your car? Save a few bob in the short term but invite possible bigger problems down the line. I hate buying the good stuff but would rather protect my car

I used Lidl 10w40 oil in my car for a number of years. Lidl are not refining oil, they are simply paying for engine oil from a manufacturer. If the oil in Lidl meets the requirements for your engine (weight, ash, dpf etc.) I'd have no issues using it

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Daibheid

Do you know anything about international standards or do you think Lidl fill the nicely labelled containers out the back from the cooking oil tank?
    What an insidious and ignorant post implying cheaper oil is not only inferior but may damage your car. You're either a sucker or a shill.
    If you're just a sucker, once you use the right grade and spec, it's far more important to change the oil on time than it is to flap about the brand.
    Maybe your next contribution will be " Would you put Lidl milk in your body...etc. etc..."

Daibheid wrote: »
    Do you know anything about international standards or do you think Lidl fill the nicely labelled containers out the back from the cooking oil tank?
    What an insidious and ignorant post implying cheaper oil is not only inferior but may damage your car. You're either a sucker or a shill.
    If you're just a sucker, once you use the right grade and spec, it's far more important to change the oil on time than it is to flap about the brand.
    Maybe your next contribution will be " Would you put Lidl milk in your body...etc. etc..."

As much as I love Lidl there are a number of their products that I would not use because I do not think the quality is as high as buying it from somewhere else.

I stand by my comment about the quality of the lidl oil, but look sure if you want to go down that road just to save a few quid go right ahead. No need to get all pissy about it, I have an opinion and that is my entitlment. :mad:

As much as I love Lidl there are a number of their products that I would not use because I do not think the quality is as high as buying it from somewhere else.

I stand by my comment about the quality of the lidl oil, but look sure if you want to go down that road just to save a few quid go right ahead. No need to get all pissy about it, I have an opinion and that is my entitlment. :mad:

What is the comment based on though? Are there reports of engine failure being attributed to Lidl oil?

cletus wrote: »
    What is the comment based on though? Are there reports of engine failure being attributed to Lidl oil?

I can only go on what my mechanic says to me. Buy it, dont buy it. Its not going to change my life.

But you're claiming Lidl are deliberately mislabeling motor oil and dishonestly telling customers that they conform to internationally recognized standards?

Bumpsy wrote: »
    But you're claiming Lidl are deliberately mislabeling motor oil and dishonestly telling customers that they conform to internationally recognized standards?

Ok so! :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

I can only go on what my mechanic says to me. Buy it, dont buy it. Its not going to change my life.

It's not going to change my life either. I think I've been quite civil in my comments so far. What issues does your mechanic have with Lidl oil?

If the oil doesn't conform to the international standards laid out, are we supposing that there is a company out the refining motor oil that doesn't meet standards in order to sell it to Lidl? Or where do you think the oil they sell is coming from?

Advertisement