Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Heavy Rain Friday-Saturday 03/04 & Risk of Snow Saturday 04

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

HighLine wrote: »
    I really can't see the snow risk.. anywhere. I think Met Eireann have it wrong. BBC have nothing on their graphics - not even on the mountains.

Snow risk chart for Saturday below... this is the highlight.

uksnowrisk.png

The risk shown in the two models mentioned in the first post has reduced in their latest runs and the focus of the precipitation has shifted. As mentioned, it could go either way. It seems it will go the other way now...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Graces7 wrote: »
    I love Sheeps Head... said my goodbye to it just before i moved here.. drove all the way to the cafe.. had there been anywhere to rent there would have stayed.

Ah no these streams are a glory.. so far they fall and pure white the water against the bleak grey. ;) I stand and watch them ...

Sounds like Inagh or Maam valley area... must be spectacular today!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,244 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Has been pouring down since I woke this morning (6.45); it's a bad one out there today

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Steady moderate and at times heavy rain in Tralee , coming up past 20mm since midnight .

Very heavy surface water, sides of the roads starting to flood. Water standing in fields.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭pilly

leahyl wrote: »
    Has been pouring down since I woke this morning (6.45); it's a bad one out there today

Any floods in Cork city?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

A wet morning in Tomb with rain getting heavier on gradual basis. Not much wind but what wind there is feels cold. Not pleasant when out on cig break. :o

New Moon

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Zzippy wrote: »
    Sounds like Inagh or Maam valley area... must be spectacular today!

Near enough and yes it takes the breath away. Longing for the spring. I was teary eyed the day I left Sheep's Head. Been in that area ten years. Say hello for me.. ;)

Same here in Connemara. The garden is rapidly becoming a pond. The streams are a white glory cascading from the heights. 400 ft asl

I love the descriptive way you have of putting things Grace7 :) Really helps kick the imagination into gear.

New Moon

pilly wrote: »
    Any floods in Cork city?

Flood alerts starting to come onto aa roadwatch

https://twitter.com/aaroadwatch?lang=en

Cork of course..

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭RoisinD

NW Clare. Continuous rain, roads and fields flooding, some streams already overflowing, rivers ready to burst banks. Rainfall radar showing little respite. Not looking good for the rest of the day and that is without Sat, Sun forecast

• Advertisement

Oneiric 3 wrote: »
    I love the descriptive way you have of putting things Grace7 :) Really helps kick the imagination into gear.

So grateful for the beauty here. Galway and especially Connemara are so utterly lovely and the sheer size and space...

Even in this weather! It is BAD out there!!!! Really is!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭snowstreams

HighLine wrote: »
    I really can't see the snow risk.. anywhere. I think Met Eireann have it wrong. BBC have nothing on their graphics - not even on the mountains.
    The risk shown in the two models mentioned in the first post has reduced in their latest runs and the focus of the precipitation has shifted. As mentioned, it could go either way. It seems it will go the other way now...

The only place that i can see any amount of snow is on the tops of the mountains.
    Looks like a foot is going to fall in the next 24 hours on most of the high ones in the west.
    Top of Nephin

So grateful for the beauty here. Galway and especially Connemara are so utterly lovely and the sheer size and space...

Even in this weather! It is BAD out there!!!! Really is!

Connemara and west Galway in general is a beautiful area, but east of the Corrib, I dunno, I would call it more bland than beautiful. Hard to believe we live in the same county really.

New Moon

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭pilly

Any update from our experts? I'd love a bit of snow tomorrow instead of the relentless rain.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

No let up in rain here in Tralee , secondary roads with a lot of surface water and a few spots flooded.

pilly wrote: »
    I'd love a bit of snow tomorrow instead of the relentless rain.

Tomorrow looks touch and go, but still the small chance of some wet sleet or snow falling in any heavier bursts, There may be a very small window of opportunity late Saturday into early Sunday as a band of rain (and the forecast for this is very uncertain) pushes up against some pockets of colder air over the north midlands.

freezinglevel_048.jpg?2017030306

This complex low is just too complex to be certain of anything beyond 12 hrs.

New Moon

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭horsefarm

What a really rotten day today. My fields are now completely waterlogged. Even if it snows, which I dont think will happen in Dublin by the sounds of it, it will be pointless on that soggy ground. Snow that doesnt stick serves no purpose!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

An utterly abysmal day here in Galway city, cold and it's been tipping it down since morning. It looks from the radar like the front has stalled over us, we've more than a few hours of rain ahead of us:(

Just in time for the weekend too!

water water everywhere.... up in the sky, underfoot.... in the air we breathe.... In my hot water bottles and coffee mug.. ;)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,702 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

just saw the forecast on RTE, looks like parts of the west and north-west could see continuous rain between now and Sunday evening with more showery outbreaks elsewhere.

• Advertisement

Oneiric 3 wrote: »
    Connemara and west Galway in general is a beautiful area, but east of the Corrib, I dunno, I would call it more bland than beautiful. Hard to believe we live in the same county really.

Yes and in my very occasional trips out, I am always glad to see the mountains again. Happy to stay in Connemara. A year ago I had no idea I would be here.. Trrible weather we get here though!;) I arrived mid January!

Gonzo wrote: »
    just saw the forecast on RTE, looks like parts of the west and north-west could see continuous rain between now and Sunday evening with more showery outbreaks elsewhere.

Well, I need not go out for at least two weeks now food and fuel wise,,, Please take care on the roads? Thank you!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

Sun out now here in Waterford. 9.4mm of rain mostly overnight. Actually it's pleasant in the sun. Temp 9c

www.waterfordcityweather.com

• Registered Users Posts: 6,041 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

That feckin' yellow rain,fierce hard on the aul windscreen wipers.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,722 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Sun out now here in Waterford. 9.4mm of rain mostly overnight. Actually it's pleasant in the sun. Temp 9c

www.waterfordcityweather.com

Same here north of Kilkenny City, from a very wet start with 10.6mm of rain to a nice afternoon with Sun.

At least the sunny south east is sunny :p

Coming up to 40mm here near Tralee since midnight, lightened at times but still raining.

From the soggy SW :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,097 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

35.8mm here in West Clare since midnight with lots of flooding, in Kilrush there is drains on the street that are throwing water out of them and flooding the streets.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,430 ✭✭✭weisses

No let up in rain here in Tralee , secondary roads with a lot of surface water and a few spots flooded.

It started raining in W Kerry yesterday morning and it hasn't been dry since ... plenty of water on the roads

Turning quite nasty here with continuous moderate rain and winds picking up a little. Puddles galore. Clouds taking on a more intense look over the last hour.

New Moon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,750 ✭✭✭Comhrá

20.0 mm rainfall exactly here in Limerick since midnight. Most rain I've seen for many months. Just easing off now.... 5pm.

Advertisement