Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Free Improvisation Venues

• 19-02-2015 2:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Do anybody know of venues that typically host free improvisation gigs here in Ireland?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭shane9689

the roundy sometimes in cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 razzkazz

I know this is an old post but I am also interested in the topic. I am Irish musician/sound artist who has been living abroad for many years. Every time I plan on coming home I have a quick look to see if there's a chance of a gig. As I have been gone for 6 years I am not aware of any scene. Before I left there wasn't any to speak of, except a few small festivals during the year.

I know there is lots of artist exploring electronic experimentation/sound art. Is there any venues that have occasional or regular performances of experimental music?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Szmola

razzkazz wrote: »
    I know this is an old post but I am also interested in the topic. I am Irish musician/sound artist who has been living abroad for many years. Every time I plan on coming home I have a quick look to see if there's a chance of a gig. As I have been gone for 6 years I am not aware of any scene. Before I left there wasn't any to speak of, except a few small festivals during the year.

I know there is lots of artist exploring electronic experimentation/sound art. Is there any venues that have occasional or regular performances of experimental music?

Don't know about regular gigs but search for Sonic Dreams Festival in Waterford. Lot's of electro-experimental/sound art stuff.

(would post link to Facebook event but am not allowed as a new user)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 razzkazz

Hi Szmola

Thanks for the reply. Yes I am aware of the Sonic Dreams Festival. I have missed the opportunity to play there this year but will definitely apply next year. I find it unusual, particularly in Dublin that there is not some locations that have even semi regular electronic or experimental music events. I guess festivals/art events might be the only opportunities.

Thanks

Advertisement