Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Are people being murdered by the state?

Options
  • 05-11-2019 9:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭

The Liverpool pathway is intended to shorten people`s suffering during the final hours of their life. At least, that was it`s original intention. However, those final hours became final days, then months and now the suspicion is that the HSE is bumping people off years before their time.

When my Grand father died of cancer back in the early eighties, his death was long and drawn out and he suffered a lot and he died almost two years after the cancer was diagnosed. During that time he lost a lot of weight. By contrast, when my uncle died of cancer, it all happened in a flash. One day he was grand, living his life, then the diagnosis and next thing he was dead. His coffin weighed a tonne. The nurse called the family and said he is dying. She said wait here a minute so we can make him comfortable. She went in, came back out and said you can say goodbye to him now. He was struggling to breath and then he died.

One wonders what procedure is followed to make the dying "comfortable". He didn`t seem that comfortable to me.

So my question is, are people being bumped off before their time by the HSE?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

The Liverpool pathway is intended to shorten people`s suffering during the final hours of their life. At least, that was it`s original intention. However, those final hours became final days, then months and now the suspicion is that the HSE is bumping people off years before their time.

When my Grand father died of cancer back in the early eighties, his death was long and drawn out and he suffered a lot and he died almost two years after the cancer was diagnosed. During that time he lost a lot of weight. By contrast, when my uncle died of cancer, it all happened in a flash. One day he was grand, living his life, then the diagnosis and next thing he was dead. His coffin weighed a tonne. The nurse called the family and said he is dying. She said wait here a minute so we can make him comfortable. She went in, came back out and said you can say goodbye to him now. He was struggling to breath and then he died.

One wonders what procedure is followed to make the dying "comfortable". He didn`t seem that comfortable to me.

Rubbish they are keeping people alive longer then ever.

Go to a nursing home and some are there 20 years and yet they couldn't care for themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,471 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Rather than "asking a question" that is framed in a way that will promote near hysteria in the minds of anyone who has a family member undergoing palliative care at the moment.

How about you frame your supposition as what it is?
    An unsupported and frankly uncorroborated musing of someone with quite a well demonstrated tenuous grip on causation and logic?

Or present some actual evidence regarding your theory of state sanctioned murder?

I must say however, one thing you have quite a talent for....
    Is reducing the bar for specious bullshít with every new thread you post!

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭Horsebox9000

Thanks to the HSE my father is still alive.
    Tinfoil sale on in Aldi if you need some

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Most ironic username ever. Fact.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭cgcsb

So why are we living longer than ever before? What's the point of your single data point? Cancer is different for everyone, part of the reason why a single cure doesn't exist.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭CrankyHaus

I just love the idea that the HSE could be efficient enough to run a clandestine mass murder racket and keep it secret. Especially with nurses doing the dirty work, like they bump off a bunch of aul ones and then hit coppers and don't tell a soul. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭Salary Negotiator

Christ sake rk, when you hear hooves think horses not zebras.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,471 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Most ironic username ever. Fact.

Ahhh....
    But it's his own "reality" he keeps...
    Where actual facts and evidence are trumped by faith ;)

Where Catholic dogma reigns supreme with suffering and pain as penance to that all forgiving Sky Fairy!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,981 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

When I read the thread title I thought it was another conspiracy theory.....then I opened it and seen who the op was.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,451 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Mod: Moved to Conspiracy Theories. New charter applies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭cgcsb

CrankyHaus wrote: »
    I just love the idea that the HSE could be efficient enough to run a clandestine mass murder racket and keep it secret. Especially with nurses doing the dirty work, like they bump off a bunch of aul ones and then hit coppers and don't tell a soul. :pac:
    That 21k a year can buy so many secrets, feck your book deal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

Christ sake rk, when you hear hooves think horses not zebras.

Or unicorns, being ridden by sasquatch.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭Nermal

I hope so. The budgets are getting out of control, frankly.

However, those final hours became final days, then months and now the suspicion is that the HSE is bumping people off years before their time.

Is it?
    By whom?
    By you seeking to wind people up?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭GooglePlus

The OP is speaking about palliative care and not saying that the HSE is out to kill as all.

The opioids provided during this care will speed up the process of death, it restricts breathing and puts strain on what is probably already a strained heart.

My mother passed away 2 days after receiving her opioid treatment via a timed pump. We were told it would speed up an inevitable process.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭realitykeeper

banie01 wrote: »

I must say however, one thing you have quite a talent for....
    Is reducing the bar for specious bullshít with every new thread you post!

oh me oh my

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

GooglePlus wrote: »
    The OP is speaking about palliative care and not saying that the HSE is out to kill as all.

The opioids provided during this care will speed up the process of death, it restricts breathing and puts strain on what is probably already a strained heart.

My mother passed away 2 days after receiving her opioid treatment via a timed pump. We were told it would speed up an inevitable process.

The OP's own words disagree.
    now the suspicion is that the HSE is bumping people off years before their time.

Is it?
    By whom?
    By you seeking to wind people up?

Naw, I heard it from someone else but I have since come to suspect there may be something to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,775 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

Naw, I heard it from someone else but I have since come to suspect there may be something to it.

That seals it then, no one can argue with that level of proof.

Chemtrails

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭LoughNeagh2017

Many Gaels here in Ulster were murdered by the London government between the 1500s and 1990s. The Gaels attacked in revenge many times in the 70s, 80s and 90s and these attacks were called "terror attacks" by evil men, does this mean that the English are evil too?

Nobody called anybody evil. Tempting as it might be to call the English evil, I think we must refrain from that. Evil should not be seen in terms of nationality, instead evil should be seen as evil, irrespective of all other considerations. By their deeds you shall know them.

Rubbish they are keeping people alive longer then ever.

Go to a nursing home and some are there 20 years and yet they couldn't care for themselves.

Some people who go into nursing homes are healthy but go downhill rapidly as soon as they have been admitted.

Another point, is it possible the reason some are kept alive longer than others has something to do with the size of their estate?

So, in summary: Someone said to you that the HSE might be killing otherwise healthy people and without a shred of evidence (bar anecdotal 'he seemed fine when he went in, now he's dead' evidence) you now also believe this, sans evidence, and the fact that the two of you together believe this constitutes "the suspicion is that the HSE is bumping people off years before their time"?

Have you taken leave of your senses?

Some people who go into nursing homes are healthy but go downhill rapidly as soon as they have been admitted.

Another point, is it possible the reason some are kept alive longer than others has something to do with the size of their estate?

I don't believe so to be honest.

Drug companies and many others make huge money in the keeping these people alive longer as the more meds one takes the more profit for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 563 ✭✭✭gibgodsman

Nah, though there are those who completely fail in the duties which leads to deaths, my mother was 37, went into hospital with pains in her stomach, was sent home a day later and literally told to deal with the pain.

A week later she brought herself back in and refused to leave until she was looked at, was scheduled for a scan and put on fast for 24 hours, they forgot about her and her fast status and she was stuck on it for 3 days. She managed to get family to bring her in food due to her weak state, the hospital apologized and cancelled the scan due to the failed fast, 2 days later while in hospital she died. Cancer through out her body.

Her GP constantly telling her its just a stomach infection, the hospital showing know care to deal with a patent. I was 11 when I watched her take her last breath. Do I blame the doctors? The HSE? Nope, I blame the seriously lack of resources given to the HSE

So, in summary: Someone said to you that the HSE might be killing otherwise healthy people and without a shred of evidence (bar anecdotal 'he seemed fine when he went in, now he's dead' evidence) you now also believe this, sans evidence, and the fact that the two of you together believe this constitutes "the suspicion is that the HSE is bumping people off years before their time"?

Have you taken leave of your senses?

They are? That`s news to me. I thought they might be bumping off people who were already on the way out.

gibgodsman wrote: »
    Nah, though there are those who completely fail in the duties which leads to deaths, my mother was 37, went into hospital with pains in her stomach, was sent home a day later and literally told to deal with the pain.

A week later she brought herself back in and refused to leave until she was looked at, was scheduled for a scan and put on fast for 24 hours, they forgot about her and her fast status and she was stuck on it for 3 days. She managed to get family to bring her in food due to her weak state, the hospital apologized and cancelled the scan due to the failed fast, 2 days later while in hospital she died. Cancer through out her body.

Her GP constantly telling her its just a stomach infection, the hospital showing know care to deal with a patent. I was 11 when I watched her take her last breath. Do I blame the doctors? The HSE? Nope, I blame the seriously lack of resources given to the HSE

Very sorry to hear that. Nobody should have to go through what your mother suffered and fair play to her for insisting that she be looked at.

I would however blame the HSE. They get billions every year and spend it all on their salaries. To them, patients = work they would rather not do when they could be chatting in the canteen with tea and cake. This country has almost a quarter trillion in debt which will cause serious problems if the country ever fails to keep up payments. Lack of resources was only ever a problem insofar as funding was mismanaged, ie spent disproportionately on salaries.

I don't believe so to be honest.

Drug companies and many others make huge money in the keeping these people alive longer as the more meds one takes the more profit for them.

But they spend money on cheapskate meds, eg chemotherapy instead of the latest miracle cure. Granted the latter would be expensive but easily afforded if the HSE weren`t spending everything on their salaries. To add insult to injury, they ask the public to donate to hospitals after they spend all those billions on themselves. Privatization cannot come soon enough.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

But they spend money on cheapskate meds, eg chemotherapy instead of the latest miracle cure. Granted the latter would be expensive but easily afforded if the HSE weren`t spending everything on their salaries. To add insult to injury, they ask the public to donate to hospitals after they spend all those billions on themselves. Privatization cannot come soon enough.

Which is; turmeric, ammonia, coffee enema

Advertisement