Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

NRL and all things Rugby League down under 2018.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

It's probably wishful thinking on my part but with the addition of Cronk and Tedesco I think the Roosters may pip Storm this time. I'm excited to see how they do.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭kirk buttercup

yeah I think the Roosters are going to be very good this year , storm will also be very strong and the cowboys and broncos there and there abouts . the interesting ones for me will be
    the tigers - lets see what Cleary does ,he is a super coach
    the Sharks - Dugan joining could give them a whole new look imo and Matt Moylan Is a very interesting one.
    and of course for me the Doggies - I don't expect too much this year but there has been huge changes at belmore so fingers crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Danick

Anyone know if Fri Morning testimonial is available to watch anywhere - thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Danick wrote: »
    Anyone know if Fri Morning testimonial is available to watch anywhere - thanks

Late answer, apologies, but a more general reply on the subject, the nrl streaming service has a lot of trial and pre season games and has a free trial (just remember to cancel!)

Sounds like it was a tight game so hope you found somewhere to watch it.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

Late answer, apologies, but a more general reply on the subject, the nrl streaming service has a lot of trial and pre season games and has a free trial (just remember to cancel!)

Sounds like it was a tight game so hope you found somewhere to watch it.

Hi - unfortunately I didn't get to see it - looks like JT is back and as good as ever. Really looking forward to the new season.

• Advertisement

Bulldogs fielded a Bunch of Young lads and beat the Panthers . Not sure if that's a reflection of the new setup at the bulldogs or the fact the Panthers seem to have alot of problems at the club . Interestingly wally Lewis nephew played for the Doggies and was really really good.

Does anyone know exactly what way the games will be broadcasted this year?

Does anyone know exactly what way the games will be broadcasted this year?

It seems a bit higgeldy piggeldy. First week they are showing Thursday game (fair enough) and 2 Friday games. Following week they're showing same, week after same but also two Saturday games, following week two Friday games and a Saturday game. There's no rhyme or reason that I can see.

Bt and Setanta was much better they showed it all

Bt and Setanta was much better they showed it all

Couldn't agree more, it's really disappointing.

https://www.rugbyleagueontv.com/nrl

Lists the games, and which ones Sky are showing.

• Advertisement

Couldn't agree more, it's really disappointing.

https://www.rugbyleagueontv.com/nrl

Lists the games, and which ones Sky are showing.
    Thanks Tom Mann. I will only see the bulldogs Maybe 3 times before StateofOrigin. that's depressing reading . Why did sky buy it if they are not going to show it

Thanks Tom Mann. I will only see the bulldogs Maybe 3 times before StateofOrigin. that's depressing reading . Why did sky buy it if they are not going to show it

I'll keep my eye out for streaming alternatives, and think of some way within the boards rules about streams, to let people know!

Early bump for start of the season tomorrow at 8:50 on $ky Sports.

St. George Illawarra Dragons v Brisbane Broncos.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭Pauliedragon

1st time watching NRL from over here. I assume/hope sky broadcast fox commentary seeing as they are related. Much prefer fox over 9.

1st time watching NRL from over here. I assume/hope sky broadcast fox commentary seeing as they are related. Much prefer fox over 9.

I'd imagine so, I liked 9 better meself. :)

Scrappy early season game so far.

A lot of the pre-game build was about Ben Hunt and he was impressive.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

Good win for the Dragons in the end, couple of televised games tomorrow.

Newcastle Knights v Manly Sea Eagles
    6:30am-8:50am

North Queensland Cowboys v Cronulla Sharks
    8:50am-10:45am

Fancy the mighty Knights to win and the Cowboys to be too strong for Cronulla.

Brilliant game between the Knights and Sea Eagles, very tense, thought it might end up a draw.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭Pauliedragon

Dragons win happy days. Can't wait for the clocks to change ko times will be better.

• Advertisement

Brilliant game between the Knights and Sea Eagles, very tense, thought it might end up a draw.
    great win for the knights ,I really hope the knights have a good year this year. great fans they deserve something to cheer.

Dragons win happy days. Can't wait for the clocks to change ko times will be better.
    great win for the knights ,I really hope the knights have a good year this year. great fans they deserve something to cheer.

Mod instruction, get yourselves to Mr. Nice Guy last man standing thread immediately :D

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057849147

Oh, and found a couple of apps on android to watch Channel Nine if anyone wants them, pm me. Average quality what I've seen so far.

Good win for the Tigers this morning.

Warriors win! WARRIORS WIN! What a time to be alive.

Warriors win! WARRIORS WIN! What a time to be alive.

They looked awesome - congrats!

I managed to catch the Manly/Knights game. Delighted for the Knights. I'd love to see them get the top 8. Ponga was a standout.

Happy for the Warriors too even though I went against them!

I managed to catch the Manly/Knights game. Delighted for the Knights. I'd love to see them get the top 8. Ponga was a standout.

Happy for the Warriors too even though I went against them!

Guys any way you could pm me on how you got to see the games today? It's okay if you can't.

Danick wrote: »
    Guys any way you could pm me on how you got to see the games today? It's okay if you can't.

Sea Eagles Knights was on sky. Haven't found any decent way of watching fox games yet, channel nine is on a TV app for android.

Sent a pm, but not much use I'm afraid.

Shame the official app is only two devices at once otherwise we could have sorted out a shared account.

Panthers too good for the Eels. Decent crowd there today, and all round there's been good crowds.

Titans sneaked the win over the Raiders with the last play of the 80 minutes more or less.

• Advertisement

Eels crumbled late on. Good win for the Titans. I didn't see that coming. Some great hits in that one.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement