Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Does anyone know the name of this funny country song

Options
  • 15-08-2014 9:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭

Hi all

Years ago, my local radio station LMFM used to play a funny country song.

It was a male singer and he was describing a woman.
    He had an intentional stutter and the lyrics of the song were like:

"I looked at her beautiful big boo-boo-boo-blue eyes"

or something like that, it was very funny. Can anyone ID it?

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,456 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Cannot give you a name, but try here for as big a list as i've seen on songs which include stuttering in their lyrics. Maybe you'll you see or recognise some of the lyrics.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭barneysplash

No sign of it there in that list. Thanks for trying though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭cristeoir

I think its called The Stuttering Bum and was sung by Brendan Grace .
    Its on youtube by Brendan Grace but called A Dose of the Stutters, sorry I don't know how to link to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭barneysplash

cristeoir wrote: »
    I think its called The Stuttering Bum and was sung by Brendan Grace .
    Its on youtube by Brendan Grace but called A Dose of the Stutters, sorry I don't know how to link to it.

Yes! That's the one. Thanks very much for putting that one to rest. Here is the video of the version I remember:

To say thanks, here's a quick guide on how to embed a youtube video in a thread.

Type your reply to the thread in boards and then open another window to youtube.

Open the video you want to embed.

Look at the top of the video in the address bar.

You should see the internet address of the video. In this case it is https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryDznErLtSY

Move the mouse pointer to the right of the text in the bar. It should change to an I symbol.

Click and hold down the left click on your mouse.

Drag it over the text, all the way to the end of the "h" in "https"

Then do a right click over the blue text.

A small menu will appear. Left click on copy. This will copy the internet address to the clipboard.

Then go back into the reply you are writing on boards.

Type a square bracket - this is the key to the right of the "p" key. It looks like this [
    The type youtube and then the other square bracket to close ]

So you type 7m23gQ.jpg

Then do a right click and a small menu will appear. Click on paste. Make sure there are no spaces betweent the ] and the http

The internet address will appear.

You will see 59Kg9J.jpg

Then type another square bracket [ then a / then youtube and ]

So your text should look like this 7BJHZT.jpg

These square brackets and the word youtube within then instructs the boardswebpage to activate the text in the internet address
    and display it as a video within your post. These institution are called BB tags. They tell the text to behave in a certain way.

If you do it wrong, (it took me a few tries to get it right) you will see something like:

instead of the video.

Here is a list of other BB tags and examples of what you can do with them:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/misc.php?do=bbcode

Some forums on boards don't allow you to use BB tags. This is usually because people would post up all kinds of stuff
    no connected to the discussion. Have a go and see what you can do.

You can do other stuff like embed images: OpryStage415x272.jpg

or Change the formatting of text in a sentence to [size=+2]suit[/size] your particular preferences :)

Keep it country!

Advertisement