Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Argos Chat Thread #1

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭noah45

Bring it back if you have receipt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

noah45 wrote: »
    Bring it back if you have receipt

Could I use the detergent with it?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

2 Shelf Shoe Storage Organiser with Piping - Natural - down to €6.99 from €20.99

142-9142440UC1409210M.jpg

Good few in stock round country too.

[sexist] Not bad value for the "wimmins" and their massive shoe collections! [/sexist]

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭karlyk1

crayon80 wrote: »
    Anchorman Ron Burgundy Dress Up Kit €12.99
    (could also double as a suit for an interview)

Zooka Bluetooth wireless speaker €37.49

Wii U Premium 32GB Pack - Black with Nintendo Land Game €249.99. Only a few in stock at the moment though

Just in case anyone's considering the Ron Burgundy outfit, it only includes the wig and moustache! Doesn't include the spiffy shirt and tie, which would be... "kind of a big deal" ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭noah45

I can't see why not, unless it would block it- but then again why would it if it is used with other steam cleaners.

• Advertisement

karlyk1 wrote: »
    Just in case anyone's considering the Ron Burgundy outfit, it only includes the wig and moustache! Doesn't include the spiffy shirt and tie, which would be... "kind of a big deal" ;)
    Yep, looks that way alright!

anchorman_ron_burgundy_dress_up_kit_raw.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

Argos Value Bread Bin - €11.49
    Don't laugh! For some reason bread bins are quite expensive in other shops. Even the cheapest new I could find on eBay came to €18+ with postage.
    http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/8425302/Trail/searchtext%3EBREAD+BIN.htm

They are great for the basics.

That's using your loaf :D good deal!

noah45 wrote: »
    I can't see why not, unless it would block it- but then again why would it if it is used with other steam cleaners.

I got the steam cleaner anyway. I'm going to steam up a storm later and report back results here :)

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭now online

now online wrote: »
    Something I've noticed about alot of Argos so called bargains is they are not bargains at all. If you follow the link on all the bargains posted so far, you'll notice the asterix next to the price. At the end you'll see a previous selling price. Gimmicks if you ask me

Ok maybe not everything I got the scales earlier

• Registered Users Posts: 5,381 ✭✭✭ando

Went and got the car hoover and weighing scales. Hoover is crap but for 8 quid I couldnt resist. At least the car is somewhat cleaner now!

• Advertisement

Got the Sound Asleep pillow myself.. the good reviews on Amazon swayed me, and it's actually quite decent and comfy too. Handy for listening to podcasts in bed. Cheers OP!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

Basq wrote: »
    Got the Sound Asleep pillow myself.. the good reviews on Amazon swayed me, and it's actually quite decent and comfy too. Handy for listening to podcasts in bed. Cheers OP!

kinda tempted myself, i want to listen to this on it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,224 ✭✭✭barone

got the delongi microwave and the kettle ..sound out poster

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭andrew1977

Got the deep fat fryer myself, chips on the go all evening in the household:D
    Decent littler fryer for 20 euro, wont be used that much but handy to have knocking around the cupboards for that price.
    Thank you OP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

What about sharing a bed with someone? Won't they hear the noise too?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,250 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

And it's sponge clean only.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

Seems most weeks we have a bargain or two from Argos, thought it might be an idea to have a dedicated forum like the one for Tesco:-

Sound Asleep Pillow - was € 39.99 - now € 11.99

Morphy Richards Fastbake Breadmaker - was €159.99 - now €79.99.

PAC-MAN Remote Controlled Man and Ghost Racers - was € 39.19 - now €19.59

those pillows are a godsend

What about sharing a bed with someone? Won't they hear the noise too?
    I plugged it into my Nexus and it was only audible to someone when on full blast alright - but half way or so and I could hear it perfectly lying down, but not when upright or close to it.
    And it's sponge clean only.
    I don't know what you're incinuating.. all I use my bed for is sleeping, eating and maybe building a little fort. That's it! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

Homer Jay:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,858 ✭✭✭Soarer

You're a strong, confident woman....

• Advertisement

Soarer wrote: »
    You're a strong, confident woman....

I AM WATCHING YOU THROUGH A CAMERA!

Didn't get to try out the steam yoke yet. Got drunk instead!

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Mollyd90

Allyall wrote: »
    Yeah :) - Didn't see that, Was just random and good price. I won't be getting the Deep Fat Fryer.. (Not sure if I should be happy or angry about that.)
    Dont worry you wouldnt put on weight from that fryer anyway. I bought one a few months ago and it stopped working after the 1st use

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭andrew1977

Mollyd90 wrote: »
    Dont worry you wouldnt put on weight from that fryer anyway. I bought one a few months ago and it stopped working after the 1st use

Did you bring it back to Argos for a refund ? I bought one today and hope it lasts longer than one use.
    19.99 or not, if it packs up on me within the 1 year warranty, i shall be back to argos with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,942 ✭✭✭biebiebie

Maybe not weight. But the arteries certainly won't agree with that over time ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

What's the sound quality like on the speaker pillow? Better than that of a phone?

I find that I have to turn my phone up quite loud when listening to podcasts because it sounds very thin.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭T-Bird

:Do the pillows come in a twin pack for stereo?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

Yeah, wondering what the sound quality is like. It would probably annoy me more than anything if it was tinny.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭SmallTeapot

Have reserved the pillow to use with my iPod (order for collection). Cool idea so hopefully it'll do the job.

If anyone is looking for an MP3 player to use with it, argos have this one on sale atm http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/1397530/Trail/searchtext%3EGREAT+OFFERS+ON+SELECTED+AUDIO.htm

Can't personally report how good/bad it may be. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭pah

Looks like there's only one of these left in Athlone. Just reserved one in Cork

http://www.argos.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=10152&catalogId=14551&langId=111&productId=418356

Herself has been going on about being a new camera, nothing too fancy, great price imo

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

Anyone have one and happy with it? I could pick one up tomorrow but still feeling a bit reserved as to the quality of the speakers, and also if they play stereo stuff normally

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement