Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Nick Mason’s Saucerful Of Secrets Dublin Convention Centre 29 April 2020

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

exilec wrote: »
    Excellent. Thanks for that . Yes , driving in . Really looking forward to it now !

The first half is the complete Dark Side of the Moon the second half is the complete Wall from start to finish, then Comfortably Numb as encore which is spine-chilling

• Registered Users Posts: 19,610 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

exilec wrote: »
    How was gig last night ?? Heading in tonight, looking forward to it . 8pm sharp ?

Was at it last night and it was a really enjoyable gig. The keyboard guy has a fantastic voice and the three back up singers absolutely nailed The Great Gig in the Sky. The orchestra were note perfect and really added to it, never thought I would see a harp solo to Floyd music which was amazing. The two lads on double bass sent shivers up my spine during Dark Side. You're in for a treat tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,894 ✭✭✭furiousox

The tagline for next years tour indicates that 'Echoes' will be added to the setlist!
    I think I might actually faint when I hear that "ping!" live for the first time!

CPL 593H

• Registered Users Posts: 4,835 ✭✭✭RayCon

furiousox wrote: »
    The tagline for next years tour indicates that 'Echoes' will be added to the setlist!
    I think I might actually faint when I hear that "ping!" live for the first time!

Hope so ..... was lucky enough to see Gilmour play it in the Royal Albert Hall in 2006 ... mind - blown !:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,275 ✭✭✭WishUWereHere

RayCon wrote: »
    Hope so ..... was lucky enough to see Gilmour play it in the Royal Albert Hall in 2006 ... mind - blown !:cool:

I’m using a tablet & cannot see what’s after ‘spoiler’.

Dare I ask can someone pm me with the info.

I last saw David Gilmour in Wroclaw for my 60th birthday, amazing gig, He played for 3 hours with a 30 minute break in between. This was the Gig where he played ‘one of these days’ for the first time since PULSE in 1994.

BTW, there’s a chance I may have a spare ticket for Nick. Not looking for any profit, just the cost price. Reason being I bought tickets for myself & 2 brothers, but one doesn’t think he’ll make it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭kegg

Any link?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,370 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Wow- that would be so special.

It refers to "my ticket.co.uk - link below-
    https://myticket.co.uk/gigs/nick-mason-s-saucerful-of-secrets-more-games-for-may-guildford-2020-04-23-19-30

"Following acclaimed sold-out tours through the UK, Europe and America in 2018/19, Nick Mason’s Saucerful Of Secrets have announced their largest UK and Ireland tour to date.

Nick Mason’s Saucerful Of Secrets are - Nick Mason, Gary Kemp, Guy Pratt, Lee Harris and Dom Beken. The 2020 tour will see the band further expand their repertoire and will play songs from Pink Floyd's early catalogue up to the 1972 album ‘Obscured by Clouds’."

So Meddle was 1971- no actual mention though of Echos per se and the poster that does mention Echoes doesn't appear on the my ticket.co.uk website- he already has "One of these days" in his current setlist which covers the Meddle album. I wouldn't hold my breath but it would be brilliant.

It refers to "my ticket.co.uk - link below-
    https://myticket.co.uk/gigs/nick-mason-s-saucerful-of-secrets-more-games-for-may-guildford-2020-04-23-19-30

"Following acclaimed sold-out tours through the UK, Europe and America in 2018/19, Nick Mason’s Saucerful Of Secrets have announced their largest UK and Ireland tour to date.

Nick Mason’s Saucerful Of Secrets are - Nick Mason, Gary Kemp, Guy Pratt, Lee Harris and Dom Beken. The 2020 tour will see the band further expand their repertoire and will play songs from Pink Floyd's early catalogue up to the 1972 album ‘Obscured by Clouds’."

So Meddle was 1971- no actual mention though of Echos per se and the poster that does mention Echoes doesn't appear on the my ticket.co.uk website- he already has "One of these days" in his current setlist which covers the Meddle album. I wouldn't hold my breath but it would be brilliant.

Can’t wait to Nick perform One Of These Days. Then I will have seen the three members perform one of my favorite tracks individually .

Festive greetings fellow Floydians!!!

• Advertisement

I can see this getting cancelled now, this date is apparently the Covid 19 virus's predicted peak time in just over a month and a half's time. Mason is at the fine old age of 76, so I don't think he's going to risk this tour. So I suppose the band will cancel or the venue before we can get refunded for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭poundhound

I think a postponement is inevitable.

I can see this getting cancelled now, this date is apparently the Covid 19 virus's predicted peak time in just over a month and a half's time. Mason is at the fine old age of 76, so I don't think he's going to risk this tour. So I suppose the band will cancel or the venue before we can get refunded for this.

Would we lose out if either the Band or the CC cancelled? Who got our ticket money then? Ticketmaster?

Waited 50 years to see Nick play, and sing One Of These Days, and now scuppered by the virus. Damn ( though I do fully understand the reasons if it is cancelled ).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭Peter File

Would we lose out if either the Band or the CC cancelled? Who got our ticket money then? Ticketmaster?

Waited 50 years to see Nick play, and sing One Of These Days, and now scuppered by the virus. Damn ( though I do fully understand the reasons if it is cancelled ).

You will get a full refund from ticketmaster including your booking fee if it is cancelled

It looks like he's still touring in Birmingham on 11th May I suppose gigs will continue in UK because of Bojo's 'Herd Immunity' plan but I imagine this will fall under the 'no more than 100 people venue' if its still effective then which I imagine it will.

No chance of this going ahead- we’ll still be in curtailment mode throughout April-are refunds automatic for cancelled gigs through ticket master?

are refunds automatic for cancelled gigs through ticket master?

Cancelled - Yes. Postponed - No.

Next months gig has just been postponed.

While all the UK dates have been rescheduled in October, there is no reference to the Dublin date.

However, the brain-damage site states the London, Southampton and Dublin gigs are in the process of being rescheduled.

Disappointing but not unexpected.

At least we saw it coming.....takes the edge off the disappointment. Hope they announce a new date soon. ��

Still waiting on word if this is being rescheduled or cancelled, I have emailed the Convention Hall and posted on the the Nick Mason Facebook page to find out any info seeing that we are now at April 6th.

• Advertisement

Masons official FB page stated they are in the process of rescheduling the last 2 UK and Ireland dates, i.e. Southampton and Dublin.
    He said he expected to have more details “soon”.
    BTW, the forthcoming tour has been titled “Echoes 2020”.

poundhound wrote: »
    Masons official FB page stated they are in the process of rescheduling the last 2 UK and Ireland dates, i.e. Southampton and Dublin.
    He said he expected to have more details “soon”.
    BTW, the forthcoming tour has been titled “Echoes 2020”.

So does anyone know if a gig is rescheduled are you entitled to a refund if you don’t opt for the alternative dates? Thanks

So does anyone know if a gig is rescheduled are you entitled to a refund if you don’t opt for the alternative dates? Thanks

Ticketmaster are not offering refunds for rescheduled dates. They would go bust if every ticket sold for 2020 was refunded. This gig will most likely be rescheduled for Oct/Nov. However, listening to recent advice from the experts, it seems that rescheduling any gig in 2020 is being extremely optimistic.

poundhound wrote: »
    Ticketmaster are not offering refunds for rescheduled dates. They would go bust if every ticket sold for 2020 was refunded. This gig will most likely be rescheduled for Oct/Nov. However, listening to recent advice from the experts, it seems that rescheduling any gig in 2020 is being extremely optimistic.

I disagree. See below T&C's of the contract you enter into with ticketmaster. So the thing to do is await new date, and if you don't want to go, demand a refund.

https://www.ticketmaster.ie/legal/purchase.html

11.3 Rescheduling: If an event for which you have purchased Tickets or Packages is rescheduled, Tickets and Packages will usually be valid for the new date (or you will be offered Tickets or Packages of a value corresponding with your original Tickets or Packages for the rescheduled event, subject to availability). If you notify us within the specified deadline that you are unable to attend the rescheduled event, you will be able to cancel your order and obtain a refund of the Sale Price of your Tickets or Packages plus the relevant Service Charges. Your Order Processing Fees will not be refunded if your Tickets or Packages have already been dispatched or delivered to you. Failure to notify us within any specified deadline that you are unable to attend the rescheduled event will be deemed to be a reconfirmation of your order for Tickets or Packages for the rescheduled event, and you will not be able to claim a refund.

Any word on a new date yet.

• Subscribers Posts: 40,989 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

https://myticket.co.uk/artists/nick-mason-saucerful-of-secrets

Dates confirmed for UK

nothing yet for ireland.

Dublin and Southampton are the only dates from the original tour yet to be rescheduled. We live in hope ...... but I reckon it'll be a cancellation or a 2021 date.

RayCon wrote: »
    Dublin and Southampton are the only dates from the original tour yet to be rescheduled. We live in hope ...... but I reckon it'll be a cancellation or a 2021 date.

Please don't mention the word 'cancellation'. If it is cancelled there will be tears here.

kegg wrote: »
    Please don't mention the word 'cancellation'. If it is cancelled there will be tears here.

I hear you man :(

• Advertisement

kegg wrote: »

I’m going to look for a refund until we know better closer to the new date

Advertisement