Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

MSPaint game sign up!

Options
  • 27-08-2019 9:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,340 ✭✭✭✭

What is MSPaint game I hear you ask ?

Well, Webster's describes it as....

The game begins with a Game mod chosen Starting Image, Played by PM. Signup to either Describe or Paint. You either paint the 10 word description you receive or describe in 10 words the Paint you receive.

This process repeats itself over and over until the end (Think of the Telephone game in which one person whispers a message to another, which is passed through a line of people until the last player announces the message to the entire group, but with Paints!). The Game mod reveals the entire chain once complete. No artistic skill is required.

Examples of the game played previously can be found ----> here <

I will choose the starting image and PM it to the first describer.
    The first describer than PM's his description to me and the person who is to be our first painter. The first painter than PM's his paint to me and the next describer and so on down the chain.

For hosting your images, try to use a website that is easy to access with more or less no signup. I use https://imgbb.com/ for this, but you can use whatever as long as there will be no issues with viewing/sharing images. Painters include a link to the image in their PM to me and the next describer.

Painters - You can use any form of paint program that you want. You can hand draw either. But the game is funnier in MSPaint due to the restrictions in its capabilities ;)

Describers - You will have 10 words or less to describe the image that has been sent to you

Typically, we would give a person a 24-48 hour window to complete either task so the game doesnt run on forever. If you need an extension, I am very accommodating so let me know. Otherwise I will request a sub :D

As this is our first game, maybe we might try and reach 20 participants. That's 10 describers and 10 painters. If interest is lacking, we'll cut it shorter than that.

Sign-up below and indicate whatever you would like to be a painter or a describer

Describer
    Painter

Describer
    Painter

Describer
    Painter

Describer
    Painter

Describer
    Painter

Describer
    Painter

Describer
    Painter

Describer
    Painter

Describer
    Painter

Describer
    Painter

:)

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭sullivlo

Oooh describer please

• Registered Users Posts: 20,340 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

yay Sulli

If you want to be in a particular place on the chain, you can request that specifically too and I can try to accomodate
    i.e. early describer, late painter, etc. It might suit your schedule to choose one or the other :D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭sullivlo

Early describing plz

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭Ectoplasm

Early painter please. Have played a similar game before and my truly terrible MS Paint skills must be seen to be believed. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

what restrictions does mspaint have?

i'll try my hand at painter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

I have zero artistic skill, like zero, less than zero

So I’ll paint obviously

• Registered Users Posts: 13,430 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

where ever ya need, happy to use PaintZ or describe at any point in the game.

ta for the fun thread rikand!

so, everything - the descriptions and the pictures gets pm'ed back to you, not the next player in thread, right?

Deja Boo wrote: »
    where ever ya need, happy to use PaintZ or describe at any point in the game.

ta for the fun thread rikand!

so, everything - the descriptions and the pictures gets pm'ed back to you, not the next player in thread, right?

you cc rikand , that is,

pm sent to: next_player; rikand

so both the next player and rikand get the pm, rikand gets his copy for reveal, without having to pm people himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,430 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

sKeith wrote: »
    you cc rikand , that is,

so both the next player and rikand get the pm, rikand gets his copy for reveal, without having to pm people himself.

thanks skeith, sorry, i missed that part :o

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,014 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

sKeith wrote: »
    you cc rikand , that is,

One problem with all of this, they've turned off being able to send images in PMs at the moment and you can only PM one person at a time.

:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭Clarabel

I'll do both :)

Or neither

Necro wrote: »
    One problem with all of this, they've turned off being able to send images in PMs at the moment and you can only PM one person at a time.

:(

Is link to image working?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,014 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Ectoplasm wrote: »
    Is link to image working?

You tell me I sent you a test PM :D

'Tis

Also, hello :)

giphy.gif

So it’s kinda like a version of Chinese whispers (which is now called telephone because of cultural appropriation.)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,682 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

In please, sounds fun

Near the end would be ideal, won't be around much over the weekend, but anytime really.
    I'd lean towards describer first time but happy to make up the numbers either way.

Cheers :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Love a game of 耳语. In.
    Have to do this on my phone, don't have MS Paint. I'll us my chubby fingered wrong hand though.

If they have turned off being able to send to more than 1 person at a time, then only send to me and I will forward to the next person in the list :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭Pretzill

This sounds like fun - in as painter.

• Advertisement

just tested, error: Too many recipients - you are attempting to send to 2 users but you are only allowed to send to 1 users.

They have, so, thats way we have to do it then.

How we are looking. Will get the ball rolling tomorrow and then we can add in more signups as we go along :)

Describer : Sullivlo
    Painter : Ectoplasm

D : Banjo
    P : sKeith

D : Clarabel
    P : Deja Boo

Describer
    P : Green&Red

Describer
    P : Pretzil

Describer
    Painter

Describer
    Painter

Describer
    Painter

D : Electric Nitwit
    Painter

Describer
    Painter

Anyone pals with the powers that be and could get them to change it to 2 ? Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 13,358 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Late describer please

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Ill take a D and the next available P as well please.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Rikand wrote: »
    Anyone pals with the powers that be and could get them to change it to 2 ? Lol

No timeline just yet. Hopefully they put it back to more than 1. Forum mods can still multi-pm. Feel free to use that if you need to (i.e. we can forward stuff on to multiple people).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,550 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

I'd love to play but I'll be away from tomorrow until Monday evening so I think I'll miss it. I'll read back with interest though.

Baggly wrote: »

ooh-matron-kenneth-williams-carry-on-bouvier-des-flandres-puppies-for-sale-uk.jpg?w=1400

Baggly wrote: »

You can only have 1. A D or a P

You only get 1 look at each chain and 1 contribution per chain. Its your choice whether you'd like to paint or describe

• Advertisement

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    I'd love to play but I'll be away from tomorrow until Monday evening so I think I'll miss it. I'll read back with interest though.

Some people can take time with their artistic creations. Check in when you're back and there might still be a space ;)

Advertisement