Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brick Wall Ancestor Series (LDS)

• 17-06-2019 10:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,352 ✭✭✭✭

A research option for those who've hit a brick wall with an ancestry line. The LDS series appears to be somewhat stateside oriented, but they've an option to request your ancestor be included (albeit doesn't seem very private, if they intend posting an article "on your behalf").

https://ldsgenealogy.com/brick-walls/?fbclid=IwAR0AqUWwseevvAi9h7D5AqqVap2Bt8FQ9dULwlRWupfc8QJjIxmBWsraQSw

If you scroll further down the site, they seem to offer helpful advice/articles (at least for the beginners, like me)... I might take a look at "When is it Time to Quit Searching for an Elusive Ancestor? How you know you have done a reasonably exhaustive search." since I have a few lines that I can't seem to locate any information, no matter where I search or whom I ask, just keep coming up against "no record found."

and......"Finding an elusive ancestor"

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,943 ✭✭✭tabbey

LDS church members are obliged to discover their ancestors back to great grandparents, in order to have them baptised and confirmed posthumously, so that they can have a second chance to get into heaven.

Like most churches until recently, they believe that heaven is reserved for those souls attached to their own church.

This is probably why the LDS would make special arrangements in cases of brick walls.

Advertisement