Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

BE Services to Go-Ahead and Resulting Fleet Changes

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭pad199207

emfifty wrote: »
    Existing 126 will remain + a new 125 route.

Details as per TFI below;

Route information:
    Route 120 – Dublin to Edenderry
    Route 120A – Dublin to Newbridge (via Prosperous)
    Route 120C – Tullamore to Enfield
    Route 125 – UCD to Newbridge
    Route 126 – Dublin to Newbridge (extensions to Kildare, Rathangan and DCU)
    Route 130 – Dublin to Athy

Sounds like it’s going to be frequent enough services for Naas itself

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭Tomrota

Existing 126 will remain + a new 125 route.

Details as per TFI below;

Route information:
    Route 120 – Dublin to Edenderry
    Route 120A – Dublin to Newbridge (via Prosperous)
    Route 120C – Tullamore to Enfield
    Route 125 – UCD to Newbridge
    Route 126 – Dublin to Newbridge (extensions to Kildare, Rathangan and DCU)
    Route 130 – Dublin to Athy
    Do you (or anyone) know if the 125 will go via Tallaght or Dundrum? That would feed two birds with the one scone for college students living in newbridge/naas/kill. UCD and TUD would be so accessible depending on how often this service runs. Could also be used as a shopping route (the square, Dundrum).

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭emfifty

Tomrota wrote: »
    Do you (or anyone) know if the 125 will go via Tallaght or Dundrum? That would feed two birds with the one scone for college students living in newbridge/naas/kill. UCD and TUD would be so accessible depending on how often this service runs. Could also be used as a shopping route (the square, Dundrum).

No idea until the NTA release the route maps, stops etc which are imminent according to GAI.
    Would be great if Tallaght was served as part of route 125 as a service from Naas to Tallaght (incl. Tallaght hospital) is long overdue.

No idea until the NTA release the route maps, stops etc which are imminent according to GAI.
    Would be great if Tallaght was served as part of route 125 as a service from Naas to Tallaght (incl. Tallaght hospital) is long overdue.
    Indeed, it would serve the hospital, the square, TUD, and UCD which also provides a bunch of other connections to other buses. Would also be great if the bus was capable of making transfers with other go ahead and Dublin buses in the GDA for an extra 1€.

Naas - Johnstown - Kill - Rathcoole - Saggart - Saggart Luas- Tallaght - Templeogue - Dundrum route would be a great addition. Go Ahead or Dublin Bus could even do it

• Advertisement

pad199207 wrote: »
    Naas - Johnstown - Kill - Rathcoole - Saggart - Saggart Luas- Tallaght - Templeogue - Dundrum route would be a great addition. Go Ahead or Dublin Bus could even do it
    It could go from sallins. The sallins-naas-Johnstown-Kill area has such a huge population and no means of travelling around it in itself without using a taxi.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭emfifty

Latest from the NTA is December for Go-ahead launch in KE with 'N7 being the priority' i.e. Routes 125/6 probably first off.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 114 ✭✭Joker2019

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 11,586 Mod ✭✭✭✭devnull

Timetables have now been published:
    https://www.goaheadireland.ie/go-ahead-ireland-gears-dublin-commuter-launch-1-dec-2019
    On Sunday 1st December 2019, Go-Ahead Ireland will commence operation of a number of Commuter routes currently operated by Bus Éireann.

- Route 125 (Newbridge – Naas – Crumlin – Dublin – UCD)
    - Route 126 (Rathangan – Kildare – Naas – Dublin)
    - Route 130 (Athy – Kilcullen – Naas - Dublin)

Go-Ahead Ireland will commence operation of the following routes on 19th January 2020.

- Route 120 (Edenderry - Prosperous - Clane - Celbridge - Dublin
    - Route 120 (Tullamore – Edenderry - Enfield)

devnull wrote: »

What a letdown. They created route 125 just for two journeys?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Vic_08

What a letdown. They created route 125 just for two journeys?

All they have done is give them a different number, those services via SCR have been part of the 126 timetable for many years, as has the once a day Tallaght variation.

It looks like NTA have been busy allocating more resources to the off-peak service, I do hope they haven't ignored the peaks where BE currently run many services with 2 or more buses and in a few cases departures to different city locations concurrently.

That new 126 timetable looks to be a far more frequent service starting from Naas than it was with Bus Eireann

Vic_08 wrote: »
    All they have done is give them a different number, those services via SCR have been part of the 126 timetable for many years, as has the once a day Tallaght variation.

It looks like NTA have been busy allocating more resources to the off-peak service, I do hope they haven't ignored the peaks where BE currently run many services with 2 or more buses and in a few cases departures to different city locations concurrently.
    It’s really not good enough. It costs sooooooo much money to get to UCD from Naas if those only two 125 services are missed which are both at 7am. Every other commuter town caps students at 20€ per week so that problem doesn’t exist. If you need to take the 126 and then 145 bus to UCD, it can cost over 60€ per week if you are not in college till the afternoon or if you’ve to submit an assignment. It’s really much cheaper and easier to drive.

It just makes no sense. That private coach green bus is packed to capacity to the red cow all the time because they charge reasonable prices. The 126 is consistently empty when it could be taking so many cars off the road. I guess the NTA doesn’t want it becoming popular in case god forbid they have to increase the level of service.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Rye Bread

Talking to the driver on the 120 this morning who says they've been told the changeover has been pushed back to January.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Kopparberg Strawberry and Lime

Rye Bread wrote: »
    Talking to the driver on the 120 this morning who says they've been told the changeover has been pushed back to January.

All hearsay and rumours.

Wouldn't believe drivers personally , as much as they think they are in the know , they aren't !

(Current driver here btw... !)

Rye Bread wrote: »

As stated previously

1st December 2019
    - Route 125 (Newbridge – Naas – Crumlin – Dublin – UCD)
    - Route 126 (Rathangan – Kildare – Naas – Dublin)
    - Route 130 (Athy – Kilcullen – Naas - Dublin)

19th January 2020.
    - Route 120 (Edenderry - Prosperous - Clane - Celbridge - Dublin
    - Route 120 (Tullamore – Edenderry - Enfield)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,885 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

saw a Go Ahead Bus going through Celbridge - I presume it is drivers getting to know route?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,557 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Riskymove wrote: »
    saw a Go Ahead Bus going through Celbridge - I presume it is drivers getting to know route?

Yes it drivers training. I have seen it a few times too but not in Celbridge. I hope when the 120 does change to Go Ahead that they are all double decker buses. Also I think them VDL double decker buses actually look good in the new Go Ahead livery unlike the Volvo Dublin Buses which just look terribly dull in the new Go Ahead livery.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

AMKC wrote: »
    Also I think them VDL double decker buses actually look good in the new Go Ahead livery unlike the Volvo Dublin Buses which just look terribly dull in the new Go Ahead livery.

The livery is a tweaked version, slightly different shades of green and white, narrower angle on the stripes, which are closer together and Green TFI branding rather than white, does really improve the livery.

Plenty of those new buses going through Naas now. A real mix of double deckers and coaches. The 192 coaches look very modern and sleek.

• Advertisement

Plenty of those new buses going through Naas now. A real mix of double deckers and coaches. The 192 coaches look very modern and sleek.
    Saw one in UCD. They look like they finally have a low floor so people who are weak or frail can actually take the bus now. The Bus Eireann buses had a giant cargo hold and a stairs just to get onto a bus. So unnecessary and ridiculous for a short commute. These buses look much better as far as I can see.

Saw one in UCD. They look like they finally have a low floor so people who are weak or frail can actually take the bus now. The Bus Eireann buses had a giant cargo hold and a stairs just to get onto a bus. So unnecessary and ridiculous for a short commute. These buses look much better as far as I can see.

That’s right they are much lower which would be a big benefit for a lot of people

That’s right they are much lower which would be a big benefit for a lot of people

Indeed. I know people who have MS or are frail who wouldn’t even consider using the 126 to get around for this very reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,301 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

There is a photograph of one of these new low-floor Volvo coaches at Go-Ahead's Naas depot on Flickr. The livery on them is terrific.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/darren_hall/48943168157/in/photostream/lightbox/

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

There is a photograph of one of these new low-floor Volvo coaches at Go-Ahead's Naas depot on Flickr. The livery on them is terrific.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/darren_hall/48943168157/in/photostream/lightbox/

See no front fogs fitted....

It's been the done thing on Ireland buses for a very very long time.

NTA obviously didn't tick it off.

See no front fogs fitted....

It's been the done thing on Ireland buses for a very very long time.

NTA obviously didn't tick it off.

They do have front fogs.

Although I don't think we need them.

Biggest waste is every dublin bus with front fogs and clowns driving with them on all the time.

They do have front fogs.

Although I don't think we need them.

Biggest waste is every dublin bus with front fogs and clowns driving with them on all the time.

Not in photo above

Not in photo above

Yes they do have front fogs

Built into the headlight units

Same as the BÉ VE !

I know for fact because I had a go on one in Donegal when I was on a break up there

Yes they do have front fogs

Built into the headlight units

Same as the BÉ VE !

I know for fact because I had a go on one in Donegal when I was on a break up there

Ah right sound.... Wasn't doubting you.
    Previous model had them tiny ones lower down....

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 114 ✭✭Joker2019

I have to say I really like the look of the new Volvos class for GAI and BE. They are a bit of a change from the usual coaches and a big step forward in terms of accessibility. Something different.

Advertisement