Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What do you think of Korn?

Options
2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 875 ✭✭✭mean gene

Awful garbage

• Registered Users Posts: 6,348 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Not too shabby...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭PCros

Was only reading that this song was co written by Billy Corgan.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Marty Xavier

another prick...
    anyway Korn, part of that shyte nu metal garbage in the 90s, of all the bands I heard very little of them and saw them recently on telly, I was right to give them a wide berth , awful awful music and they look ridiculous

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭Granadino

another prick...
    anyway Korn, part of that shyte nu metal garbage in the 90s, of all the bands I heard very little of them and saw them recently on telly, I was right to give them a wide berth , awful awful music and they look ridiculous

Have you met him? Only jokin...
    Korn do look ridiculous but had one or two musical moments.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,218 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Grayditch wrote: »
    Loads of great songs and great fun live. Not really an album band for me, though.

Exactly.

Saw them in the Ambassador years ago ……. Amazing gig !

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... "

Totally gave Slipknot a run for their money here four years ago...an amazing band live.

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭The Phantom Jipper

I revisited their music recently after not listening to them for a long time. They still have a few good songs from the earlier albums but the constant playing up of the bullied / abused child angle leaves a sour taste in the mouth nowadays for me.

It's amazing what seemed subversive and edgy at the time seems silly upon reflection. The scatting and nonsense like "knick knack paddy whack, give the dog a BONE". Some of it really is desperate stuff altogether.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,350 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

I did the same and I think a lot of it holds up today. There's a lot of very good material on their first 3 albums and I kind of regret not going to a date on their debit album tour not so long ago.

I'll always have time for what people would consider 'shyte nu metal garbage in the 90s' and I think it's unfairly maligned these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,684 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

New tune out called 'You'll Never Find Me'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,835 ✭✭✭RayCon

Sat 20th (tomorrow) @ 9pm on Sky Arts Korn: Loud Krazy Love

A film about the life of Brian Welch of rock band Korn and how it changed when he walked away from a $23m record deal and vowed to kick his drug habit and become a good father

Might interest some ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Sheridan81

I liked them when I was a teen, but they never evolved much and their schtick seems a bit silly looking back.

Second release from the album and this is fairly decent, verses still lack substance but the chorus and bridge is a killer...nice riffage!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Voodoorasher2

Never heard of them!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,952 ✭✭✭Degag

Never heard of them!

Perhaps you’re in the wrong forum then!

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭ThumbTaxed

Love them.

Saw them 3 times lives but not into the stuff after Head leaving originally.

For me Korn is one of the best debut albums ever.

Listened to "The Nothing" over the weekend and it's definitely their best album in a long time.

So far my favourite songs off the album are "Cold" & "Can You Hear Me".

Jonathan Davis's vocals are top notch too.

Advertisement