Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

2019 Irish Gigs (Rumoured & Confirmed events)

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,863 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

hynesie08 wrote: »
    Actually annoyed that this is in the academy, every other show on the tour is all seating in an old church, surely they could have used Christ Church cathedral or St Patrick's for this.

I know the Scottish show has been upgraded to the Ushers Hall. Didnt know that it was mostly seating/church style venues for the tour.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Fortyjocks

Take That will be touring Greatest Hits next year, sounds like global tour, Rod Stewart announced in Kilkenny in 2016 he would see us again in 3 years so would not put that beyond him as still adding dates in the US & talk of the infamous Garth Brooks finally coming back to Croke Park next May/June, he launches stadium tour this autumn in the US!

• Registered Users Posts: 37,712 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Fortyjocks wrote: »
    Take That will be touring Greatest Hits next year, sounds like global tour, Rod Stewart announced in Kilkenny in 2016 he would see us again in 3 years so would not put that beyond him as still adding dates in the US & talk of the infamous Garth Brooks finally coming back to Croke Park next May/June, he launches stadium tour this autumn in the US!

Metallica will be touring Europe next summer too

Coldplay rumoured for Slane

Pearl Jam rumoured to be touring Europe again next year

Fleetwood Mac, Ozzy Osbourne, Bon Jovi among the bands due to tour Europe in 2019

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭ts_editor

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    Maybe for the Dublin gig you have to go through ticketbasterd but for the Belfast gig you can buy directly from the Ulster Hall. :D
    Except that Ulster Hall used to be a £1.50 transaction fee, which is now £2.50. An additional £1.50 to post tickets.

At least it goes to Belfast council .... I guess ....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

ts_editor wrote: »
    Except that Ulster Hall used to be a £1.50 transaction fee, which is now £2.50. An additional £1.50 to post tickets.

At least it goes to Belfast council .... I guess ....

I would rather pay a fiver to the Ulster Hall than less to ticketbasterd. And in any case there was a problem with my card so I called the ticket office and they put the order through for me there and cancelled the CC charge so I'm happy enough.

(also full disclosure I work for the council so really I'm only paying my own wages :D)

• Advertisement

37607875_10156728993302932_6089817833892478976_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=99848ccda54b7e50625319bd9aca35e2&oe=5BDD819D

Would love for an oul Irish gig next year , Put them in the Iveagh Gardens on a nice sunny evening :pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,941 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

37607875_10156728993302932_6089817833892478976_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=99848ccda54b7e50625319bd9aca35e2&oe=5BDD819D

Would love for an oul Irish gig next year , Put them in the Iveagh Gardens on a nice sunny evening :pac::pac:

Only in dreams

• Registered Users Posts: 1,941 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

If they were i'd imagine Ash and We are scientists would support. Nice day out.

Best gang of friends there ever was.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,099 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Unreal way to start the weekend...and it's a year away!

If they were i'd imagine Ash and We are scientists would support. Nice day out.

Best gang of friends there ever was.

That would be a magical day if that was the line up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,532 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Got excited there for a moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Jungle - Olympia Theatre, Dublin - 18th Febraury
    Tickets €27.50, on sale Thurs 2nd August

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Mondo44

Bazsutto wrote: »
    My Money is on Metallica for Slane. Fact that they touring next year and Mountcharles said an act headlining that hasn’t played there before.

MCD Facebook page shared a video of James hetfield from Metallica. He was just answering random questions but the fact MCD are sharing it would suggest they are coming to Ireland next year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Mondo44 wrote: »
    MCD Facebook page shared a video of James hetfield from Metallica. He was just answering random questions but the fact MCD are sharing it would suggest they are coming to Ireland next year

God I hope to fnck it's not Slane if they play here.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Mondo44

God I hope to fnck it's not Slane if they play here.

Don’t think it will be but nobody ever thought Metallica would headline Glastonbury

• Registered Users Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

If it is Slane there is going to be a hell of an undercard.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,679 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Mondo44 wrote: »
    Don’t think it will be but nobody ever thought Metallica would headline Glastonbury

Glastonbury has never been about the headliners though, it sells regardless. in order for Metallica to play slane, they would realistically need to shift 50,000+ tickets, which nobody not named Sheeran has been able to do here in a while.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭ozzy jr

hynesie08 wrote: »
    Glastonbury has never been about the headliners though, it sells regardless. in order for Metallica to play slane, they would realistically need to shift 50,000+ tickets, which nobody not named Sheeran has been able to do here in a while.

Guns n Roses did, but yeah I don't think Metallica would.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,712 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

If it is Slane there is going to be a hell of an undercard.

hope its not Slane but Metallica do have mainstream attention and will attract and its been 10 years believe it or not since they played Ireland

Obv a few will only be there for the piss up and Enter Sandman but thats the same for all bandwagon irish concerts

Mountcharles prob doesnt really care anymore who plays and might see Metallica as that ACDC gig he never got to have.

Aviva or RDS for me but we just have to wait and see. The Show in glasgow last October was amazing

• Registered Users Posts: 12,417 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

I hope no band I like ever plays Slane again. Slane is a relic of the 1980s that should've been aborted decades ago.

Well up for a Metallica gig though. Marley last time out was great.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭mrk75

Fingers crossed for Smashing Pumpkins. One of only a few left on my bucket list. But not sure they've played Ireland since the time that young girl so sadly died at one of their gigs some years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,832 ✭✭✭s8n

mrk75 wrote: »
    Fingers crossed for Smashing Pumpkins. One of only a few left on my bucket list. But not sure they've played Ireland since the time that young girl so sadly died at one of their gigs some years ago.

They have played twice since that night. Once in the Olympia (97 I believe) and the RDS indoors in 2008

No way Metallica would be in Slane , Even though they havent played here in nearly 10 years i still dont think there would be an extra appeal to sell 60,000 + tickets for Slane.

Id say either a 3Arena date or Malahide/RDS

• Registered Users Posts: 1,358 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

The Nal wrote: »
    I hope no band I like ever plays Slane again. Slane is a relic of the 1980s that should've been aborted decades ago.

Well up for a Metallica gig though. Marley last time out was great.

Camped at slane the last couple of times and found it much handier

• Registered Users Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭OhHiMark

mrk75 wrote: »

I listened to their latest single recently and Jesus Christ but Billy Corgan cannot sing anymore.

davywalsh7 wrote: »
    Camped at slane the last couple of times and found it much handier

Heard that helped yeah. Id just rather go abroad and see them in a decent venue.

Regarding Metallica being big enough, with decent support acts they could do it easily. Their last album was number 1 here and number 1 in 57 countries. They're one of the biggest bands of all time and have sold the same amount of records as Springsteen. Despite releasing half as many albums.

Foos, Kaiser Chiefs and Hosier did it a couple of years ago. As did Bryan Adams and the Stereophonics.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,536 ✭✭✭Zardoz

The Nal wrote: »
    Regarding Metallica being big enough, with decent support acts they could do it easily.

MCD wont pay for decent support though ,when was the last time we got decent support at Slane or any major outdoor gig ?
    Metallica are mad for money ,they would demand a big fee so there wouldnt be much left over for support .

Zardoz wrote: »
    MCD wont pay for decent support though ,when was the last time we got decent support at Slane or any major outdoor gig ?

Support acts are plopsies these days yeah. Still think they would get 70k with a couple of bog standard UK chug rock bands thrown in there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Zardoz wrote: »
    Metallica are mad for money ,they would demand a big fee so there wouldnt be much left over for support .

More often than not, support is added to shift unsold tickets. Irish people tend to snap up tickets for the big outdoor shows right away so no need for adding good support.

From a purely business perspective, why pay for big acts to sub when there's no need?

I mean, it wouldn't have been my scene, but Taylor Swift had some very high profile support added after one of the dates sold slower than the other.

You could be damn sure that if Metallica were announced for a 50, 60, 70,000+ capacity gig and only sold 15,000 tix, there'd be some massive names added.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭PCros

They would need the likes of Korn, Slipknot etc. supporting to even think about selling out Slane.

Advertisement