Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

14-09-2019, 03:33   #241
Victor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic_08 View Post
The great thing about asking a question is you often get answers. In this case Victor told you the cut-off is 90 minutes, you went and tapped after 5 hours and had a deduction.
In fairness, the ticket machine should have said 'expired', not tagged-on.
Advertisement
14-09-2019, 08:46   #242
markpb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor View Post
In fairness, the ticket machine should have said 'expired', not tagged-on.
If they did that, someone would complain that they were trying to tag on and it didn't work. Or they didn't notice, thought they were tagged on and got fined for not having a valid ticket.
14-09-2019, 10:22   #243
Victor

Quote:
Originally Posted by markpb View Post
If they did that, someone would complain that they were trying to tag on and it didn't work. Or they didn't notice, thought they were tagged on and got fined for not having a valid ticket.
The ticket machine, not the validator.
Thanks from:
26-09-2019, 17:21   #244
oneilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneilla View Post
Can anyone make sense of my transactions here?

The 01/09/2019 9:14pm deduction  €9.09 - €2.25 should have left me with €6.84.

The 06/09/2019 7:04pm transaction  €3.04 - €2.25 should have left €0.79.

Have I misread something here?

I got on to Leap Card through their website and informed them that it appears as though I was overcharged twice. They replied that there were two transactions which weren't added to their servers which is why they are not displayed in the card history.

I'm a bit confused here, it doesn't seem fair that credit can be deducted without the transaction being listed .

Any advice on what I can do?
27-09-2019, 19:19   #245
Dravokivich

Theres nothing you can do. They didn't receive it from whoever you used it with in time.
Advertisement
29-09-2019, 13:19   #246
goingnowhere

This happens if the transaction data from a bus or other service never got never gets uploaded onto the system

The card has a list of transactions and the backend also and they are reconciled. The card is the definitive record and each tag on/off/update has a unique is number which increases by 1 each time so the system knows there is a gap in the accounting data

Are you claiming you never took the trips charged for ?
29-09-2019, 14:51   #247
markpb

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneilla View Post
I'm a bit confused here, it doesn't seem fair that credit can be deducted without the transaction being listed .

Any advice on what I can do?
If you're near a Dart or Luas stop, put your card into the ticket machine there and view your trip history. The missing trip might show up there.
29-09-2019, 18:20   #248
Dravokivich

Quote:
If you're near a Dart or Luas stop, put your card into the ticket machine there and view your trip history. The missing trip might show up there.
Those are transactions from a month ago. If they've used the card, they wouldnt be visible on it now.
30-09-2019, 07:10   #249
red_bairn

Hi all,

I've got a TaxSaver Leapcard sent last week. Should it be valid straight away or the start of October? It's the first time I've used one so I'm not sure how it pans out here.
Advertisement
30-09-2019, 07:48   #250
G_R
Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by red_bairn View Post
Hi all,

I've got a TaxSaver Leapcard sent last week. Should it be valid straight away or the start of October? It's the first time I've used one so I'm not sure how it pans out here.
It will depend on what date your employer activated the ticket on it from.

Register it online and you will see details of the ticket on the card and when it becomes active.

If it’s not active yet, the purse function will be so you can lodge money to card to cover you until it is active
30-09-2019, 08:10   #251
red_bairn

Quote:
Originally Posted by G_R View Post
Register it online and you will see details of the ticket on the card and when it becomes active.
Will do
05-10-2019, 18:14   #252
AndrewJRenko

Quote:
If you're near an Android phone with an NFC card reader (most phones from the past 2-3 years have this), then load up the Leap app and you can see the transaction history.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion