Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

20-07-2019, 23:57   #316
Lord Glentoran

And still Navan doesn’t apparently need a railway service that passengers can use.
Advertisement
02-08-2019, 07:05   #317
tom23

The 6:40 NX bus was packed so I suspect the 6:20 was possibly a no show? Anyone that gets that bus confirm that? Cheers
07-08-2019, 11:48   #318
horseburger

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaken not stired View Post
The 109x from Virginia to Navan is a joke. I am awaiting at the bus stop right now at the new Abbey stop due to road works in Navan. The bus a hour ago didnt show. Real time...cough cough..yeh right..said it was late due to come 40mins later. That time past, no show, so now its saying another hour. Thats twice in two months now the bus hasnt showing up and I had to wait the two hour gap in the rain. Its bad enough the 109x in the morning times when you try to get into work in for 8.45. Bus to kells, no direct connection and about 30 mins wait in between. Stone age service.
Were you disputing what I said, about the 109X being scheduled to serve Navan roughly once every two hours?

From Cavan, it is scheduled to stop at Navan towards Dublin, at the fire station stop Monday to Friday, at 6.03am, 10.01am, 12.01pm, 2.01pm, 4.01pm. 6.01pm, 8.01pm and 10pm

In the post you quoted, I was referring to the issue about there being no other service, that I am aware of, that connects Navan, Carnaross, Whitegate, Virginia and Cavan.

I wrote the post in response to someone who was suggesting that the 109X serve Navan less frequently, which would mean less services connecting Navan and Virginia.

The proposals by the person to whom I was responding - if implemented - would impact on you negatively, unless there is another service operating connecting Navan and Virginia.

https://buseireann.ie/timetables/109X-1516873936.pdf

Last edited by horseburger; 07-08-2019 at 14:11.
02-09-2019, 07:26   #319
tom23

NX is painfully slow to get in and get out of Navan. When did NTA think it was acceptable for a bus to take 24 minutes to negotiate 6 stops. A convoluted bus route and commuters of Navan have been short changed. We don’t need a service every twenty minutes and we don’t need a service that takes 24 minutes to get through the town. I’d love to see NTA take this bus route and see do they think it’s acceptable.
Thanks from:
02-09-2019, 12:42   #320
Slippin Jimmy

I honestly don't get why we need to do a tour of Johnstown. The stop at the Ardboyne should be more than enough and just follow the old route to the motorway. At the end of the day, people from all parts of Navan have to walk to the new stop on Abbey Road. Johnstown should be no exception.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
02-09-2019, 19:08   #321
tom23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slippin Jimmy View Post
I honestly don't get why we need to do a tour of Johnstown. The stop at the Ardboyne should be more than enough and just follow the old route to the motorway. At the end of the day, people from all parts of Navan have to walk to the new stop on Abbey Road. Johnstown should be no exception.
Well this is the problem. You pay for the same bus ticket as folk from Johnstown and they have the privilege of walking outside their front door to get the bus. I’ve have been using this bus for over twenty years and have never seen a revamp to suit one group of housing estates. Why do they feel the need to run every bus through it and package as a so called Express. Express for Johnstown, non express for every where else.
Thanks from:
02-09-2019, 19:36   #322
Commuter109

The vast majority of Navan has been sold a pup here with the NX . Johnstown has one third of the population of Navan and has effectively 4 of the 5 town based stops for the Nx , heavy lobbying I would suspect as it ain’t based on population or fairness.

The old 7am and 7:20 proper expresses could do o Connell street in an hour and 10 on a bad day . A bad day on the Nx is now one hour 40 minutes , unless off course you live in Jtown.

They need to reintroduce at least some true “express services “in the morning from the center of Navan and to the center of navan at peak times .

The current service is effectively the “Johnstown Express “ . Most of the commuters using the town center stop have long since deserted BE for Sillan
Thanks from:
04-09-2019, 16:35   #323
tom23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commuter109 View Post
The vast majority of Navan has been sold a pup here with the NX . Johnstown has one third of the population of Navan and has effectively 4 of the 5 town based stops for the Nx , heavy lobbying I would suspect as it ain’t based on population or fairness.

The old 7am and 7:20 proper expresses could do o Connell street in an hour and 10 on a bad day . A bad day on the Nx is now one hour 40 minutes , unless off course you live in Jtown.

They need to reintroduce at least some true “express services “in the morning from the center of Navan and to the center of navan at peak times .

The current service is effectively the “Johnstown Express “ . Most of the commuters using the town center stop have long since deserted BE for Sillan

Agree with all of this. It now takes the NX almost 25 minutes to get from the Start of Johnstown of the old N3 to the stop in the town. I live on Trim Road with a near 20 minute walk into the town. Its seem what ever representation has been made on Johnstown needs to be made on the rest of the town. All the years using BE and the so called revamps, its now a much longer commute.
Thanks from:
11-09-2019, 06:36   #324
tom23

Single decker again this morning at the 6:20 from Navan. All the while double deckers coming the opposite way, are empty. Folks left behind at two stops. Well done BE, excellent service. Well done NTA.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
17-09-2019, 07:04   #325
tom23

6:40 bus absolutely jammed to the gils with at least 15 people standing. I thought this was against health and safety with a bus driving on a motorway? There’s no even bars to hang on like Dublin Bus or LUAS. Crazy to be allowing this. Mainly students.
Thanks from:
17-09-2019, 08:54   #326
L1011

Coaches (with seatbelts) cannot have standing passengers. City buses can, and they are still allowed on motorways despite being significantly speed limited. I don't know which they use here.
17-09-2019, 10:28   #327
Slippin Jimmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom23 View Post
6:40 bus absolutely jammed to the gils with at least 15 people standing. I thought this was against health and safety with a bus driving on a motorway? There’s no even bars to hang on like Dublin Bus or LUAS. Crazy to be allowing this. Mainly students.
If it wasn't a city bus then this would not be legal. From a passenger point of view, I would be happy enough to stand and to make work on time. I get that the bus is over crowded, but the driver is damned if they enforce the seating availability and damned if they don't.
17-09-2019, 13:39   #328
tom23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slippin Jimmy View Post
If it wasn't a city bus then this would not be legal. From a passenger point of view, I would be happy enough to stand and to make work on time. I get that the bus is over crowded, but the driver is damned if they enforce the seating availability and damned if they don't.
I appreciate that, but what if the bus has to break quickly to avoid a collision and then what happens? Standing passengers go flying. The bus imo was dangerously overcrowded this morning. They don't have seatbelts for nothing. Driver should have known that before he stopped out at the last stop before the motorway. Bus Eireann buses are not equipped for standing. People are getting the bus earlier and earlier because of traffic and the fact that the NX takes nearly 20 minutes to get out of Navan.

Last edited by tom23; 17-09-2019 at 13:56.
19-09-2019, 16:41   #329
Ally Dick

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom23 View Post
The 7.20 was a single decker as well and too full to stop at Tara Na Ri. The evening bus that arrives at Beresford around 18.25 is also single decker most evenings now. Packed to the rafters last night. Lots of students on board, mostly non Irish. Dear Lord, Navan is getting packed with non Irish. Bus last night didn't go to Blanch shopping centre at all. No spare seats. Flew past 4 very rough looking Fingalians on the Finglas bypass thankfully. I think being single decker is deliberate at times now. I'll go back to the train if this keeps up
19-09-2019, 17:06   #330
Slippin Jimmy

There were at least 2 single deckers on the route today. This is fine off peak but they seriously need double deckers at peak times.
Thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion