Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Becoming a fan of the John Creedon show

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭dixierip

Thats true. But for ease of use the mobile apps I would imagine are how people generally listen to internet radio (i may be wrong). Recording such shows On tune in radio app is an option I sometimes use

• Registered Users Posts: 4,673 ✭✭✭serfboard

NIMAN wrote: »
    The guy covering for him tonight was decent enough too, music wise.

Although I think it was Anton Savage in disguise, sounded exactly like him.
    That's Fiachna O Branoin (sp?) formerly of The Hothouse Flowers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭smellmepower

Anyone know the name of the Tom Waits song he played tonight (Thursday) around 9.40pm or so?

Was making the dinner and missed the name!

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,800 ✭✭✭take everything

Anytime I've found myself casually listening to him in the car, I've always been impressed by his presenting style and the music.

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Whippersnapper

Anyone know the name of the Tom Waits song he played tonight (Thursday) around 9.40pm or so?

Was making the dinner and missed the name!

Cheers.

"Hold On"

The playlist for each show is on the website:

http://www.rte.ie/radio1/john-creedon/programmes/2013/0905/472524-john-creedon-thursday-5-september-2013/

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 890 ✭✭✭CrinkElite

That's a beautiful song.

Especially after a couple of bottles of wine :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭win2one

John plays what someone earlier referred to as "safe" music. I'm a big fan of Dublin City FM as Ive previously posted, you can also listen online www.dublincityfm.ie ,the only thing is each night is usually a different style of music which ranges from World which is usually African on Monday night to Soul tonight Thursday and Blues on Sunday night .Shows usually start at 9.30 or 10pm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

I was probably too harsh saying "safe" music but sometimes I want to listen to radio and go "whoa! What heck was that I just heard??"

• Registered Users Posts: 71,603 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

He's back! :D

Go with the flow!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

john got a tad emotional paying a tribute to a close broadcasting friend

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

I am another recent convert to the JC Show.

Nice mix of music, some well thought out and delivered links and a very refreshing absence of plugs for upcoming competitions everytime the Presenter speaks. Lovely stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,943 ✭✭✭Radio5

I remember listening to John Creedon in the mornings in the mid-90's. He was on Radio 1 til 8 when Morning Ireland used to start.

Crazy mix tonight, in a good way...'Breathe' by The Prodigy!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭grey_so_what

Radio5 wrote: »
    I remember listening to John Creedon in the mornings in the mid-90's. He was on Radio 1 til 8 when Morning Ireland used to start.

Same here Radio5.

John has lovely dulcet tones...:)

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭denishurley

Radio5 wrote: »

Me too. And to think that people complain nowadays when MI is only an hour long over Christmas

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

A very good DJ, perhaps unappreciated and overlooked too often for whatever reason. His eclectic mix reminds me of the great Donal Dineen's sadly departed small hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭hurling_lad

Aidric wrote: »
    A very good DJ, perhaps unappreciated and overlooked too often for whatever reason. His eclectic mix reminds me of the great Donal Dineen's sadly departed small hours.

That show might be departed, but Donal Dineen certainly hasn't:
    http://www.rte.ie/2fm/radio-activity-with-donal-dineen/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,422 ✭✭✭ford fiesta

Listening to John now and seems the water level area around the Cork studios is rising with the high tide tonight. John is giving regular updates and twitter photos.

Listening to John now and seems the water level area around the Cork studios is rising with the high tide tonight. John is giving regular updates and twitter photos.

Another good show...where are the Cork studios in reference to the river?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭grey_so_what

Another good show...

Ah, you can't beat the old battery radio and John C when the power is gone!

Happy 4,444th post WM!!........:):):) GSWxxx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭yiddo59

Another good show...where are the Cork studios in reference to the river?

Right next to the river at the junction of Father Matthew Street and Father Matthew Quay.

http://t.co/kCktIZBYXY

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭thesaurus2

A great show. Creedon, Ronan Collins and Larry Gogan are the best music DJ's on RTE. They should axe Arena to one night a week and make Creedon's show longer

Creedo made it through...yay!

And kicking off with two Mott The Hoople songs!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,912 ✭✭✭✭Eeden

John Creedon has awesome taste in music! It's an awkward time for me so I rarely get to hear him. :( But I listen whenever I can, even if it's just for a few minutes.

Everywhere you go, always take the weather with you.

Er...not tonight John, thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

I love his show too. he has a fantastic presentation style , he really connects with his audience.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Poly

Agreed. Always liked his choice, love the Latin/ Spanish flavour to his show. I used to travel alot at night, really loved his late night show.

Good to hear two Steely Dan album tracks, as opposed to the obvious single choices.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Radio is for life

Good to hear two Steely Dan album tracks, as opposed to the obvious single choices.

Classics and i catch his show some evenings on the way home and its hit and miss. Some nights its great beyond belief and some nights i can turn it off but John is a pro and been around as long as Pat the Baker.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭Evan DietrichSmith

Classics and i catch his show some evenings on the way home and its hit and miss. Some nights its great beyond belief and some nights i can turn it off but John is a pro and been around as long as Pat the Baker.

A survivor I call him, a survivor.

Knows where a few bodies are buried maybe;)

Advertisement