Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Rudest celeb you've met?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 468 ✭✭snowy2008

really? i met her once and she seemed lovely, maybe she was having an off day, dara o'brien has to be one of the most ignorant people i met, i asked him for an autograph once and he looked at me like i has two heads

• Registered Users Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭mountain

PomBear wrote: »
    Packie Bonnars meant to be a right arsehole

not so,

met him a few years ago and he was very nice,

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭flanzer

Haayylleey wrote: »
    Rosanna Davidson, but thats to be expected

Really. I met her in the men jacks in Croke Park at a Dublinn match a couple of years ago and thought she was great craic. Had a bit of banter with her

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭Salvelinus

flanzer wrote: »
    Really. I met her in the men jacks in Croke Park at a Dublinn match a couple of years ago and thought she was great craic. Had a bit of banter with her

Sure it wasn't George Michael?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 244 ✭✭White_Feather

Your one of xpose lisa cannon. Highly up her own ass. But, wouldnt even class her a celeb!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35 catmad

foxy06 wrote: »
    Niall Tobin (Irish Comedian)

Completely agree

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

Mike... wrote: »
    Indeed he is, Once I was in Chapter 1,I was sitting in his favourite table, he had me moved but paid for my meal....This happened again in Guilbauds, L'ecrivain, Burger King, Eddie Rockets, McDonalds and most other restaurants in Dublin....amazing gentleman.
    Are you making a joke i must not get here or what?
    Anyway paying to move you from his table sounds like he is a right jerk to me. here's a few pennies for you to move peasant! didnt you feel extremely small for having to move. i would have said go **** off you spoiled little man

• Closed Accounts Posts: 229 ✭✭susanna

Pierce Brosnan by a mile - so arrogant and obnoxious.

Gary Barlow and Jason McAteer were the nicest I've met

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭ArthurGuinness

susanna wrote: »
    Pierce Brosnan by a mile - so arrogant and obnoxious.

I met him and his dad about 5 yrs ago and found him pretty sound.

Billy Murray was a prick met him in New York outside St.Pats he had his sunglasses and a hat on. My fault tho I spotted him inside "praying" and waited for him to fininsh and then followed him out and got onto him for wearing his sunglasses and a hat in the church he didnt tae to kindly to it. Still got an autograph tho :D

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Not sure if you'd class them as celebs but me and some friends met Debbie Dingle and the vicar's niece girl (thinks its Jasmine) from Emmerdale and Louise (the one who owned the beautician's that was Warren's wife for a while) in McDonalds in Leeds.

Debbie Dingle was very rude and just sort of ignored us while the other two were lovely and asked us about Ireland and made small talk. They posed for pics with us too and she had a big scowl in the pic!

I also spoke to that fella from Naked Camera who played Eoin McLove in Father Ted once. He wasn't very nice tbh. I asked him about Father Ted and he told me that Eoin McLove was the worst career move he ever made because he was sick of people roaring "I've no willy" and other such phrases at him in the street.

I don't even know their names so not sure if they are even celebrities but it's the best I can do!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31 yawhyawh

robbie williams :p
    i met him in manchester i asked him a question and he told me to **** off:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

Louis Walsh. :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,644 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

yawhyawh wrote: »
    robbie williams :p
    i met him in manchester i asked him a question and he told me to **** off:mad:

What did you ask him?! :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

dave duggan off at the races.
    met him down the curragh on 1000 guineas day and asked him if he had any tips, he told me to 'f*** off, im doing my rehearsal'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 Kat24

Peter Kay

My dad is a huge fan and asked him for a picture, Peter said no because he had his kid with him but at the time the kid was running riot around the shop! When Peter and his kid left the shop he let the child pee outside against a wall...I was horrified considering the shop we were in has a public toilet!

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭super_metroid

twink told me to zip up my mickey

• Closed Accounts Posts: 924 ✭✭✭Elliemental

Who, in the name of God is Twink? All who have met her seem to have had really bad experiences, could she really be as irritating as her name? (she is a woman, isn`t she?)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

Rudest was without a doubt Jonathon Rhys-Myers. Complete and utter prick.

• Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭Thornography

Chinafoot wrote: »

+1

I had a friend in college who was good buddies with him and I was out with the 2 along with some other not so celebs, but he was a right p***k

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Greaney

A mate of mine "M" was in fair city for a few years, and one weekend when were were hanging out (I the fellow culchie was up in Dublin) I got to see first hand how folk approched her.... all the time, thinking they could touch her and grab her like she was public property!!

Her worst experience however was in a club where a skanger walked up to her and said "are you so and so from fair city?". She sensed there was going to be trouble and said "er no, but I do get mistaken for her", to which skanger replied "boll***x" and headbutted her. Poor "M" came too on the floor, nose pumping.

She's stayed acting (because she loves it) but does more theatre now and works with young people.

She found being "on" all the time and having go out of your way to be sound, when being treated rudely, very hard work. Folk thought they have the right to say things to her that they'd get a smack in the mouth for from their ma if it was breathed to a neighbour.

On the other hand, yes, other celebs have terrific egos

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,041 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Greaney wrote: »
    A mate of mine "M" was in fair city for a few years, and one weekend when were were hanging out (I the fellow culchie was up in Dublin) I got to see first hand how folk approched her.... all the time, thinking they could touch her and grab her like she was public property!!

Her worst experience however was in a club where a skanger walked up to her and said "are you so and so from fair city?". She sensed there was going to be trouble and said "er no, but I do get mistaken for her", to which skanger replied "boll***x" and headbutted her. Poor "M" came too on the floor, nose pumping.

She's stayed acting (because she loves it) but does more theatre now and works with young people.

She found being "on" all the time and having go out of your way to be sound, when being treated rudely, very hard work. Folk thought they have the right to say things to her that they'd get a smack in the mouth for from their ma if it was breathed to a neighbour.

On the other hand, yes, other celebs have terrific egos

I kind see your point. Im quite good mates with a rugby player (not Iirsh) who well known across the water especially known in his area and country in particular. Anyway he gets quite lot of hassle most times he is very good and has no problem with it.

But there are people out there who expext him just have smile in his face all the time.

But overall he very good especially with kds and has no problems. Have say i have smile in my face too from the women who go crazy for him.. Lucky man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Funjunkie

Kian Egan is the worst most obnoxious scumbag imaginable. He once kicked a production assistant at UTV in the small of her back rather then ask her to be quiet while he was on the phone. She was encouraged to call security on the ugly horrible little bastard but was in to much shock to deal with it.
    The rest of the band were also horrified. Mark Feehily seemed really decent.

Bono- obviously got a messiah complex but was quite thoughtful in accommodating me and my broken leg when I met him once.

Ray D'arcy- Really sound, seems a bit weak though, I think his Mrs bosses him around.
    Grainne Seoige - Very nice friendly and down to earth.
    Albert Reynolds- Gent! Nicest man ever.

Must defend Miriam O'Callaghan, from an earlier posting, both she and her husband are the nicest people in the Irish media

Mary McAleese- Couldn't be nicer

Jamie MaGuire from Shameless- Absolute gent, great guy

I've met a few more but nobody stands out as an absolute wanker except that Sligo scumbag at the top.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

I'm a huge fan of Westlife but I have to say I was really disappointed when I met them at a signing. Kian Egan sat talking on the phone the whole time hardly looking up at any of the people that came to see him and get his autograph. Bit much considering I qued for 4 hours and paid 17 euro for their album!

He even told the girl in front of me who was in floods of tears and hyperventilating to be quiet.

The rest of the lads were lovely though.

twink told me to zip up my mickey
    me 2!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Ha, I always knew that Kian Egan was a wanker, I mean he does sport a modern day bowler after all. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭harsea8

Worked for Coca Cola at Wimbledon tennis championships many years ago and was struggling out of a lift with a trolley of crates, when f*cking Cliff Richard barges me out of the way and makes some rude comment about not be able to get the staff these days...w*nker

Funny thing is that I had to deliver some post-mix boxes to the men's changing rooms later the same day and Pete Sampras held the door open for me and was a complete gent!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭foxy06

Chinafoot wrote: »

I met him and thought he was lovely. Really chatty and bloody gorgeous!

harsea8 wrote: »
    Worked for Coca Cola at Wimbledon tennis championships many years ago and was struggling out of a lift with a trolley of crates, when f*cking Cliff Richard barges me out of the way and makes some rude comment about not be able to get the staff these days...w*nker

Funny thing is that I had to deliver some post-mix boxes to the men's changing rooms later the same day and Pete Sampras held the door open for me and was a complete gent!

That's really cool that you worked in Wimbledon! Cliff the bible bashing "celibate" christian is in a long term relationship with an Irish ex-priest.

Bit shocked he was nasty as always thought he seemed quite genuine with the whole feed the world ' act' ....

foxy06 wrote: »
    I met him and thought he was lovely. Really chatty and bloody gorgeous!

Must agree I was hammered and met him at a party once and was quite annoyingly chatted to him and he was really sound and tolerant!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11 softwing

I ate Michael Dorn's (Warf from Startrek) avocado salad by mistake in an LA club.. hmm he was none too happy with me as we were all waiting for our appetisers for about an hour to begin with.

Advertisement