Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Clare GAA Discussion part 2 , No Purple Jumpers Allowed !!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,434 ✭✭✭Boots234

Doonbeg 1-14 0-17 Cooraclare

Doonbeg, survived a late Cooraclare surge to book a place in the last 8 on score difference,

The magpies were below par in the first half and trailed 0-10 to 0-6 at half time, in the second they upped the gears and took control of the game, until the sending off of Ronan Goode which offered momentum back to Cooraclare for the last 10 minutes but did enough to just about get over the line

Scorers Doonbeg:
    Colm Dillon (1-01),
    David Tubridy (0-04
    Sean Conway (0-03),
    Brian Egan (0-01),
    Mikey Tubridy (0-01),
    Kevin McInerney (0-01),
    Pauric Aherne (0-01),
    Shane Ryan (0-01),
    Paul Dillon (0-01).

Scorers Cooraclare:
    Jack Morrissey (0-05
    Killian Roche (0-05 ,
    John Looney (0-02),
    Ciarán O’Donoghue (0-02),
    James Burke (0-01),
    Pearse Lillis (0-01),
    Pádraig O’Donoghue (0-01)

Intermediate championship

St Breckans 2-11 2-02 Éire Óg (2)

There could be some interesting games in the next round after tonights draw but you would expect the 4 group winners to reach the semi finals. Cratloe may the only second placed team that could win their game, if they draw KIB or Ennistymon.

The Intermediate draw should through up some big games. I presume the relegation semi final draw will be made later also?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭windy shepard henderson

Boots234 wrote: »
    There could be some interesting games in the next round after tonights draw but you would expect the 4 group winners to reach the semi finals. Cratloe may the only second placed team that could win their game, if they draw KIB or Ennistymon.

The Intermediate draw should through up some big games. I presume the relegation semi final draw will be made later also?

Yeah both draws for senior and intermediate are tonight, Éire Óg are the form team at the moment lissycasey will be dark horses in the Cratloe side also

The intermediate will be very interesting, all 8 teams are fairly close, the draw is live on the clare gaa channel also

Yeah both draws for senior and intermediate are tonight, Éire Óg are the form team at the moment lissycasey will be dark horses in the Cratloe side also

The intermediate will be very interesting, all 8 teams are fairly close, the draw is live on the clare gaa channel also

What time is that on at?

Boots234 wrote: »
    What time is that on at?

it was on around half 6 or thereabouts this it in full , very similar to the champions league draws in switzerland , joe cooney needs to do a bit more work on his french accent for the next day though :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Eire og v doonbeg
    Kilmihil v KIB
    Cratloe v ennistymon
    Miltown v lissycasey

Some good match ups there in fairness. Certainly hopeful Eire og can go further this year.

• Advertisement

Eire og v doonbeg
    Kilmihil v KIB
    Cratloe v ennistymon
    Miltown v lissycasey

Some good match ups there in fairness. Certainly hopeful Eire og can go further this year.

Doonbeg are as dogged as you can get, and you can bet your bottom dollar they will look for that game to be played in West clare, somewhere like Kilmihil or lissycasey where the confines are tight but a great draw for the townies

I expect the Miltown v lissycasey and KIB v Kilmihil to be closer then people think, lissycasey could pull off a shock if they are on form
    The KIB Kilmihil game won't be a turkey shoot but quilty will win

The Cratloe v ennistymon game will be a cracking game too close to call I think
    My 4 for the semis are
    Miltown
    Eire Og
    Kilmurray ibk
    Ennistymon

• Registered Users Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Sterling Archer

Doonbeg will definitely look for Lissycasey, Kilmihil is too big of a pitch for them..

Double header on the stream... Still hoping they actually sort this out, but very likely they won't, last weekends stream was again sub par.
    https://youtu.be/YqXb2aBgd5A

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Treble double

Doonbeg will be missing 3 players for the game against the townies because of injury and suspension which makes a tough task impossible.
    Ennistymon have pulled the team none of the top seeds wanted and I think Cratloe will be too streetwise for them.
    KIB always seem to get kind draws, but they are along way from the force they were, still I think they will have enough to edge out Kilmihil.
    The county champions are a slick outfit and should see off Lisscasey with a bit to spare.
    If the townies don't self destruct I think they are the biggest threat to Miltown's crown

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭Dickie9

Reckon
    Cratloe 3+
    sixmilebridge by 5+
    Ballyea 5+
    Inagh Kilnamona 3+

Reckon sixmilebridge will win it out...

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Stationmaster

Cratloe, Bridge, Crusheen and IK for me with The Mills to be relegated.

• Advertisement

Shane_ef wrote: »
    Doonbeg will definitely look for Lissycasey, Kilmihil is too big of a pitch for them..

Double header on the stream... Still hoping they actually sort this out, but very likely they won't, last weekends stream was again sub par.
    https://youtu.be/YqXb2aBgd5A

Your dead right about the streaming, but for someone who can't be home every weekend it is a huge help, I think they had Internet problems previously on the clare champion streaming for the u21 games, hence the poor quality

Cratloe, Bridge, Crusheen and IK for me with The Mills to be relegated.

Mills and Tulla will be a serious game both sides would be a big loss to senior level, especially how non existent clarecastle have been in the last few years, amazing to say it but they are offering nothing to the championship

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Stationmaster

Mills deservedly won.

Cratloe, Inagh/Kilnamona and The Bridge won the three senior q/f's that were on today.

Mills deservedly won.

Cratloe, Inagh/Kilnamona and The Bridge won the three senior q/f's that were on today.

Mills V Tulla game was enjoyable but probably a bit low in standard and intensety for a relegation final

For Tulla the likes of the two Corbetts David Mc they have very little bar the injured Darragh Corry. They will be strong enough next year in intermediate but it will be no cake walk down there

Inagh v feakle was an excellent watch, great battles both on and off the field Michael Guilfoyle and fergie heagerty were man marking each other on the sidelines, Shane McGrath had a super game Steve Conway also was excellent, the second half performances of Ray bane and Oisín Donnellan have been below par all year

Have huge grá for this feakle side they have some really good potential for the size of their pick

Clonlara flattered to decive once again, mighty character by Cratloe to come back from 5 points down to win so late, the townies also deserve huge credit for there effort against Sixmilebridge, maybe Cratloe might catch them but I can't see anyone else putting it upto them like Eire Og done today

Anyone at

Anyone at the Tubber v Barefield game, apparently a game for the age's

Your dead right about the streaming, but for someone who can't be home every weekend it is a huge help, I think they had Internet problems previously on the clare champion streaming for the u21 games, hence the poor quality

AFAIK the clare champion stream (Run by Adare promotions - same folks behind the limerick streams - were using mobile data mainly...
    Ya I've said it previously, It's fantastic to have, but pure armature hour

Shane_ef wrote: »
    AFAIK the clare champion stream (Run by Adare promotions - same folks behind the limerick streams - were using mobile data mainly...
    Ya I've said it previously, It's fantastic to have, but pure armature hour

It is but so is clare fm ( bar cyill ó Connor who is excellent) just we can't see who they are interviewing,

Also Sean Chaplin has done great work behind the scenes but he is no more a presenter than I am

I like the clare fm idea of Rory hickey as a pundit for example today, maybe Eoin Brennan would be a good choice for the gaa channel

Any word on the times/dates for the football quarter finals this weekend?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,411 ✭✭✭finbarrk

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Marty Xavier

Anyone at the Tubber v Barefield game, apparently a game for the age's

No.

• Advertisement

No.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,923 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

So Peter Duggan is taking a year off, the rumours I'm hearing is that he's just the first of a few players who won't be around next season, whether that's some or all of the season I don't know. Can't say I blame the lads, they are only young once so make the most of it, as Shane O'Donnell showed last season just because you miss a chunk of the year doesn't mean you can't slot straight back into the team.

https://www.clareecho.ie/banner-blow-as-peter-duggan-to-miss-2020-championship/

Clareman wrote: »
    So Peter Duggan is taking a year off, the rumours I'm hearing is that he's just the first of a few players who won't be around next season, whether that's some or all of the season I don't know. Can't say I blame the lads, they are only young once so make the most of it, as Shane O'Donnell showed last season just because you miss a chunk of the year doesn't mean you can't slot straight back into the team.
    https://www.clareecho.ie/banner-blow-as-peter-duggan-to-miss-2020-championship/
    Those rumours will be true, plenty armchair hurlers will blame him tho..

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,923 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I think a lot of the players feel like they have to play hurling, that's an awful way to be looking at it, it'd be no harm for some of them to get back to enjoying the game.

I think a lot of the players feel like they have to play hurling, that's an awful way to be looking at it, it'd be no harm for some of them to get back to enjoying the game.

To be fair Peter was the scapegoat alot of the time, I also wonder how much gerry ó Connors departure has to play with his decision

Apparently he and a few other players found him easier to get on with, there was definitely something going on between him and either the two of them or one of then individually

In 2017 duggan was performing out of his skin and could barely get a look in and was on the verge of quiting intercounty hurling

In 2018 gets regular game time wins an all star and on many people's shortlist for hurler of the year

2019 back to being the scapegoat again, top scorer all year by a mile yet the first man called ashore when things are going wrong, god only knows what the limerick score would have been without him that day

I can see there being a lot of trouble between players and management in the next year or so, wouldn't be surprised if there was a mini strike or a load of players walking off the panel then there'll be a white knight to come into save us all

To be fair Peter was the scapegoat alot of the time, I also wonder how much gerry ó Connors departure has to play with his decision

Apparently he and a few other players found him easier to get on with, there was definitely something going on between him and either the two of them or one of then individually

In 2017 duggan was performing out of his skin and could barely get a look in and was on the verge of quiting intercounty hurling

In 2018 gets regular game time wins an all star and on many people's shortlist for hurler of the year

2019 back to being the scapegoat again, top scorer all year by a mile yet the first man called ashore when things are going wrong, god only knows what the limerick score would have been without him that day

In fairness Duggan is a very hot and cold player, when he's on form he's brilliant when he's not, well lets just say that he's not brilliant. He can score wonder points like he did against Galway last year but then he'll miss a few easy frees or have frees blocked down, stuff like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭letowski

He is a massive loss no matter which way we look at it. Free takers and ball winners are rarities in Clare and he does both. There is a genuine argument he is our most important player, certainly top 5 given given his skillset.

That said, Im not one to ever complain about a lad leaving to advance his career. I wish him all the best.

We are definitely a weaker team without him for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭BnB

In fairness Duggan is a very hot and cold player, when he's on form he's brilliant when he's not, well lets just say that he's not brilliant. He can score wonder points like he did against Galway last year but then he'll miss a few easy frees or have frees blocked down, stuff like that.

He has been hot and cold over the years alright, but I think in the last two years when he has been given consistent game time, he has been consistently good. Even this year, when things were not going well for us, through his work rate and ball winning ability he looked the most likely player to drag us back into it.

But amateur sport and he's still a young fella. Go off and enjoy the year and he might come back hungrier than ever.

• Advertisement

Exactly, go on off and live your life, it's not as if there won't be anyone to fill the jersey when he's not here

Advertisement