Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

GAA Betting

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭iluvfatfrogs

Any word on club games this weekend lads?

I like a treble in Galway

Tuam
    Moycullen
    Killererin

Paying about 7/2 now (was longer earlier in the week)

Would fancy a double in Mayo Inter too

Kiltimagh & Louisburgh
    Pays around 13/10

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Andrew00

Lads anything for this weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 16,000 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

I'm doing an acca on all Mayo SFC games: Ballintubber/Ballina/Ballaghadereen/Castlebar/Claremorris/Westport

Ballina obviously the longshot there, but surely the natural order has to reassert itself at some stage:P

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭iluvfatfrogs

I'm doing an acca on all Mayo SFC games: Ballintubber/Ballina/Ballaghadereen/Castlebar/Claremorris/Westport

Ballina obviously the longshot there, but surely the natural order has to reassert itself at some stage:P

Very unlucky with ballina getting past Breaffy.... but requiring extra time to do so

• Registered Users Posts: 16,000 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Very unlucky with ballina getting past Breaffy.... but requiring extra time to do so

Yep, and were apparently much the better team in normal time. The other ones all landed of course.
    image.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭kilkennyboy

Anyway of getting bets on next manager in galway or Waterford.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭mountgomery burns

Anyway of getting bets on next manager in galway or Waterford.

Who you looking to back? Don't think so, Waterford market was suspended about a month ago

Who you looking to back? Don't think so, Waterford market was suspended about a month ago

Surprise announcement coming in Waterford..not what the media are peddling

• Registered Users Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭robwen

Surprise announcement coming in Waterford..not what the media are peddling

Ex Kilkenny player?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,962 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

If you Tweet AskPaddy or Boyles you may get odds.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,290 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

robwen wrote: »
    Ex Kilkenny player?

And TV pundit I'd say.

Contacted powers last week about a market on inter county hurling manager.
    And they said the weren't doing one on Clare or galway and they would get back to me about Waterford.
    Then this morning they come out and say they are suspending betting on galway manager. They never had a market on .bull**** artists

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭ShortKickOut

Anyone offering odds on provincial club championships yet? Have looked around but don't see anything

• Registered Users Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭Same As

Anyone offering odds on provincial club championships yet? Have looked around but don't see anything

These are up on PP.

Go to Gaelic Games, click on the 'Tournaments' tab, click on 'Club Football' or 'Club Hurling' and then click the 'Outrights' tab and you'll see the Provincial Outright and All Ireland Outright markets.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭mistermiyagi

Contacted powers last week about a market on inter county hurling manager.
    And they said the weren't doing one on Clare or galway and they would get back to me about Waterford.
    Then this morning they come out and say they are suspending betting on galway manager. They never had a market on .bull**** artists

To be fair they definately had one up for next Galway manager in the early days of the position being open. Can't remember who was fav but Buff Egan was 200-1, that's the only reason I remember! Can't say how long they had market up for but I don't think it was very long.

St Kierans possibly a bit of value in Kerry this weekend at 7/2 against South Kerry.

South Kerry haven't exactly set the world alight so far, while Kierans have been improving steadily and have some talented young players. While South Kerry might have more experience and may well win, I'd be happy to take a chance on Kierans at a price like 7/2.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,101 ✭✭✭Boom__Boom

Same As wrote: »
    St Kierans possibly a bit of value in Kerry this weekend at 7/2 against South Kerry.

South Kerry haven't exactly set the world alight so far, while Kierans have been improving steadily and have some talented young players. While South Kerry might have more experience and may well win, I'd be happy to take a chance on Kierans at a price like 7/2.

Yeah - looks like a little bit of value here - I think Kierans are being punished a bit for the result against Crokes, but Crokes really look to be purring in their last few games. I'd have put Kierans at somewhere around the 5/2 3/1 region.

I also think there is some bit of value in East Kerry at 13/8 against Dingle.
    8/13 looks short for Dingle here imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭CapsLock20

Boom__Boom wrote: »
    Yeah - looks like a little bit of value here - I think Kierans are being punished a bit for the result against Crokes, but Crokes really look to be purring in their last few games. I'd have put Kierans at somewhere around the 5/2 3/1 region.

If you like East Kerry, they're currently 2/1 with Boyles.

@ 11/4 are Derrygonnelly good value to beat Antrim champs Cargin?

Game is in Belfast but I would have thought this would be a close one.

Value in Clare SFC final. Kilmurry Ibrickane are 7/4 in what is very much a 50/50 game. Local derby with the two clubs winning 2 championships apiece in last 4 years. Nothing to split them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭armaghlad

CapsLock20 wrote: »
    If you like East Kerry, they're currently 2/1 with Boyles.

@ 11/4 are Derrygonnelly good value to beat Antrim champs Cargin?

Game is in Belfast but I would have thought this would be a close one.
    Not sure. Derrygonnelly haven’t really made any impact at Ulster despite dominating Fermanagh the last few years. Cargin I think will edge it, they came out of a much more competitive Antrim championship and I think that will stand to them

• Advertisement

Great shout here, dominated Dingle.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,101 ✭✭✭Boom__Boom

Same As wrote: »
    Great shout here, dominated Dingle.

Honestly I didn't think it would turn out as such a big win for East Kerry - I just thought Dingle at 8/13 was too short. The big thing for me was the quality of the supporting cast in the East Kerry squad compared to the Dingle squad.

Thanks to Cap_lock for posting Boyles having East Kerry at 2/1 - increased my stake when I saw that.

Honestly I didn't think it would turn out as such a big win for East Kerry - I just thought Dingle at 8/13 was too short. The big thing for me was the quality of the supporting cast in the East Kerry squad compared to the Dingle squad.

Thanks to Cap_lock for posting Boyles having East Kerry at 2/1 - increased my stake when I saw that.

Couldn't believe how easy East Kerry won! All thanks to you as I followed you with East Kerry. Made up for missing out on Derrygonnelly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭armaghlad

armaghlad wrote: »
    Not sure. Derrygonnelly haven’t really made any impact at Ulster despite dominating Fermanagh the last few years. Cargin I think will edge it, they came out of a much more competitive Antrim championship and I think that will stand to them
    Jesus did I get that wrong!

Value in Clare SFC final. Kilmurry Ibrickane are 7/4 in what is very much a 50/50 game. Local derby with the two clubs winning 2 championships apiece in last 4 years. Nothing to split them.

All my talk about them being so close, you'd think I would have back the draw but no!!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,385 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

Summerhill are 13/8 to beat Ratoath in the Meath Senior final on Sunday. They were underdogs against Simonstown in the semi final but came through a tough game. Ratoath were awful in the first half of their semi final but came through against a relatively poor Kells side.
    Summerhill are in their third final in a row while this is Ratoath's first ever final. Also, Summerhill are the only side to beat Ratoath in the championship this season and I feel like 13/8 is a huge price for such an experienced side.

Had a glance at the odds for this weekend's games. I think Castletown are overpriced @ 5/1 with Boyles against Eire Og in the Leinster club SFC first round.
    Wexford champions have a deplorable record in this competiton. But Carlow champions haven't exactly set the world alight either - one win since 2008 (Eire Og v Newtown Blues last year). Castletown have plenty of experienced players like ex- Wexford Anthony Masterson, Colm Morris and James Holmes and current Wexford Conor Carty, Ben Brosnan and Jonathan Bealin. Eire Og are littered with Carlow players but I don't think they should be 1/5 to win.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

Anyone any insight on ferbane? Don't know anything about them but 21/10 about st pats travelling up there could tempt me pats had to play Leinster the day after winning the county final last year but have had 2 weeks to prepare for this year and are moving very well

Anyone any insight on ferbane? Don't know anything about them but 21/10 about st pats travelling up there could tempt me pats had to play Leinster the day after winning the county final last year but have had 2 weeks to prepare for this year and are moving very well

Ferbane are a young, up and coming side who had been knocking on the door at semi final and final stages over the past four or five years before finally winning the championship this year. They beat reigning champions Rhode in the final. Rhode were going for a first ever four in a row. I'd imagine that win will give Ferbane serious confidence and belief. Cian Johnson and Joe Maher are their star men in the forwards.

St Pats stood no chance against Rhode last year having only won Wicklow the day before. It was a disgrace that they were asked to play that game. They will be eager to prove a point I'd say.

• Advertisement

CapsLock20 wrote: »
      Had a glance at the odds for this weekend's games. I think Castletown are overpriced @ 5/1 with Boyles against Eire Og in the Leinster club SFC first round.
      Wexford champions have a deplorable record in this competiton. But Carlow champions haven't exactly set the world alight either - one win since 2008 (Eire Og v Newtown Blues last year). Castletown have plenty of experienced players like ex- Wexford Anthony Masterson, Colm Morris and James Holmes and current Wexford Conor Carty, Ben Brosnan and Jonathan Bealin. Eire Og are littered with Carlow players but I don't think they should be 1/5 to win.

It's actually been 15 years since a Wexford team last won a game in the Leinster club SFC. Castletown's last game in the competition was in 2010 when they ran Meath champions Skryne very close in Navan.

This discussion has been closed.
    Advertisement