Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

shy straight guy looking for dressing services

• 20-04-2019 5:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

hi everyone,

i’ll get right down to it. i’m a straight, white, middle-aged guy who’s gradually developed an interest in crossdressing and wants to experience it in a safe environment for a little while, just to see what it’s like. before christmas I was looking at a couple of dressing services but the main one at crossdressing dot ie isn’t there anymore. Suzie’s dressing service website is online but after I sent an email inquiring a couple of months ago I didn’t hear anything back. There don’t appear to be any other dressing services available in ireland and I haven’t the money to travel to the uk so I was wondering if anyone on here had any suggestions or recommendations for places I could try that I haven’t found. I don’t want to experiment at home on myself as I know i’ll do a terrible job!

Btw, I’m really shy and don't know where else to go for information like this hence my post here. i hope i’ve not offended anyone here by asking what must be very noobish questions!

thanks
    J

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,606 ✭✭✭Rick_

A man buying women's clothing in a store isn't odd, no-one would question it as they'd just assume you're buying something for your girlfriend/wife. And at least that way you can judge sizes etc. So, why not just take a trip into Penney's or TK Maxx and buy some cheaply priced clothing in whatever style you want and then try them on at home and see how you feel? If you like it, then you can try more next time and if not then you haven't spent lots of money and can just leave the clothes into a local charity shop or something so they aren't wasted.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 safefromharm

i’d feel really embarrassed doing that but i also would prefer someone skilled in makeup to do mine. I don’t trust myself to get it right.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,606 ✭✭✭Rick_

There are lots of video tutorials on YouTube you could watch for basic make-up application techniques. Plus, make-up can be ordered and delivered from online just like clothes can. If it is something you want to explore, ordering some cheap clothes and make-up and watching /following a simple tutorial is a great way to start. After all, you don't want to have to rely on someone else in order for you to enjoy something like this that I'm sure you want to keep private, at least for now. Start making small steps towards learning the basics now and in a short while you'll be enjoying the clothes and make-up and probably ready to start experimenting with more styles and different make-up techniques.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,787 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

The teni website has links to support groups/wwbsites/clubs

http://www.teni.ie/support.aspx?contentid=584

http://www.thehiddenpeople.ie/irish-resources.html

I'd suggest cintact that group Si for their reccomendations.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

hi everyone,

i’ll get right down to it. i’m a straight, white, middle-aged guy who’s gradually developed an interest in crossdressing and wants to experience it in a safe environment for a little while, just to see what it’s like. before christmas I was looking at a couple of dressing services but the main one at crossdressing dot ie isn’t there anymore. Suzie’s dressing service website is online but after I sent an email inquiring a couple of months ago I didn’t hear anything back. There don’t appear to be any other dressing services available in ireland and I haven’t the money to travel to the uk so I was wondering if anyone on here had any suggestions or recommendations for places I could try that I haven’t found. I don’t want to experiment at home on myself as I know i’ll do a terrible job!

Btw, I’m really shy and don't know where else to go for information like this hence my post here. i hope i’ve not offended anyone here by asking what must be very noobish questions!

thanks
    J

Hi J, I am in pretty much the identical same situation as you. I tried to contact them also and got no reply. It would be good to have someone to talk to a little about this. I just recently started to take a real interest in cross dressing. Like you, I'd like to give it a try but do it properly. I get very excited at the thought of being fully made over and going out for a coffee or something but I don't have the money to spend on a whole outfit and professionally done, hair, make up, nails etc. I've gone out and managed to buy a pair of cheap glittery shoes and a skirt and some tights. I've shaved my legs and plucked my brows to shape them. My legs are in trousers everyday so nobody knows. I wear glasses and the rims kind of hide the shaped brows. I go to deserted places when noone is around and I maybe slip into the shoes and walk about a little but I'm soooo nervous. Its exciting but I'd rather do it properly in a safe place. Its refreshing to know I'm not alone feeling this way. <Snip>

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 irishfashion

i provide a dresing service in dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 6 MichelleSummer

i provide a dresing service in dublin

I highly recommend this lady for anyone wanting to experiment with dressing. She is a delightful lady and anyone visiting her is assured of having a delightful experience. She has quite a good range of clothing/footwear to choose from and is extremely skilled at makeup.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 irishfashion

I highly recommend this lady for anyone wanting to experiment with dressing. She is a delightful lady and anyone visiting her is assured of having a delightful experience. She has quite a good range of clothing/footwear to choose from and is extremely skilled at makeup.

Thank you xx

• Registered Users Posts: 1 tigersonnichsen

Hi there, are you still looking for this type of service?

Advertisement