Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The "What's That Song" Thread [ PLEASE READ ]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭alexv

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭Seadin

Lads there was a song on 2fm at about 5.30pm from jenny green. Great tune. Played at electric picnic few years ago. Anyone know what the song was?

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭Sean.3516

I'm trying to find the name of a song that's been playing on the radio literally all of the time, also it's on some tv ad although i can't remember which one.

It's like a disco/house kind of tune and has this brilliant trumpetty/brass sound during the chorus. I've literally gone through every song in the charts and can't find it.

The chorus goes a bit like:

DunDunDun
    Dun--Dun
    Duuuuuuuuuuuunnnn and repeats ( again it's got that trumpetty sound ) hope that helps��

I can't believe it wasn't in the Top 50 considering it's playing on the radio every 5 mins.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Seadin wrote: »
    Lads there was a song on 2fm at about 5.30pm from jenny green. Great tune. Played at electric picnic few years ago. Anyone know what the song was?

The replay of her show will be on the 2fm website tomorrow, just scroll to around 2hrs 30 mins in and you should find it.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭Sean.3516

Sean.3516 wrote: »
    I'm trying to find the name of a song that's been playing on the radio literally all of the time, also it's on some tv ad although i can't remember which one.

It's like a disco/house kind of tune and has this brilliant trumpetty/brass sound during the chorus. I've literally gone through every song in the charts and can't find it.

The chorus goes a bit like:

DunDunDun
    Dun--Dun
    Duuuuuuuuuuuunnnn and repeats ( again it's got that trumpetty sound ) hope that helps��

I can't believe it wasn't in the Top 50 considering it's playing on the radio every 5 mins.

I finally found it!

"Giant" by Calvin Harris and Rag'n Bone Man

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭Seadin

Axwell wrote: »
    The replay of her show will be on the 2fm website tomorrow, just scroll to around 2hrs 30 mins in and you should find it.

Hypnotic state- Gemma sugrue and the rte orchestra the name of the song was. Cant find a version of that song anywhere.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Seadin wrote: »
    Hypnotic state- Gemma sugrue and the rte orchestra the name of the song was. Cant find a version of that song anywhere.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uUcL2sQWzMc is the original

The song you heard is probably from the event they are talking about here so there is unlikely to be any version of that on the usual places - https://www.rte.ie/entertainment/2016/0905/814274-jenny-greene/

• Registered Users Posts: 32,802 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Heard a song on iradio last night about 1020pm.

Checked their website for playback, but seems to be no dj show at that time so can't listen back.

There was a song that seemed to have a chorus with the words 'on and on' repeated a fair bit.

Would describe the music as a mix between oasis and maybe a synth drumbeat backing.

Any ideas? Searched their playlist, the top40, YouTube etc and nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,562 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

I would love to think it's Wild Youth, Can't Move On, but the chance of you not having heard it before Friday are surely slim, as it was a massive hit last year.

But just in case, and because I love them

• Registered Users Posts: 32,802 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Thanks Princess,but that's not it.
    Know that song for sure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 The1974guy

I guess this is the section to ask this question: Does anybody know the name of the song used in the An Post ads (featuring Angela Scanlon). It's really catchy and I've searched again and again for a clue. Google etc can't seem to narrow it down

The1974guy wrote: »
    I guess this is the section to ask this question: Does anybody know the name of the song used in the An Post ads (featuring Angela Scanlon). It's really catchy and I've searched again and again for a clue. Google etc can't seem to narrow it down

Woman by Karen O and Danger Mouse

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=W4yhzATxyz0

• Registered Users Posts: 5 The1974guy

Thanks a million!-sorry for the lateness of this, I couldn't seem to find my way around the site and hence it took so long to say thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭LibSuperstar

What's the song beginning at 0:21?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,552 ✭✭✭jaykay74

A song I heard yesterday that I tried to identify with soundhound but it didn't work, maybe I wasn't close enough. And then at home I tried to google the lyrics and that didn't work either.

Goes something like "run better run, better run for cover" in the chorus, female vocalist. No guitars, keyboard based. Sounded a bit like Saint Etienne. Maybe theres a "deliver me" in there as well before the chorus bit.

Cracking me up the last few days :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,825 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Maybe a cover of 'Pumped up kicks' by foster the people?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,913 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

jaykay74 wrote: »
    A song I heard yesterday that I tried to identify with soundhound but it didn't work, maybe I wasn't close enough. And then at home I tried to google the lyrics and that didn't work either.

Goes something like "run better run, better run for cover" in the chorus, female vocalist. No guitars, keyboard based. Sounded a bit like Saint Etienne. Maybe theres a "deliver me" in there as well before the chorus bit.

Cracking me up the last few days :)

Dog Days are Over by Florence and the Machine?

FitzShane wrote: »

Sadly neither, but thanks for trying. I'II continue to dig into it :)

April Ivy - Run For Cover?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Sheridan81

Maybe Lisa Miskovsky-Run For Cover

• Advertisement

What's the song beginning at 0:21?

Most likely one of the songs from the soundtrack - check here https://www.musixmatch.com/album/Various-Artists/Who-s-Your-Caddy-Motion-Picture-Soundtrack

Sheridan81 wrote: »
    Maybe Lisa Miskovsky-Run For Cover
    April Ivy - Run For Cover?
    FitzShane wrote: »

I got there in the end but probably impossible to figure out. I'm based in Sweden and I think it is some obscure swedish track. Its on spotify and youtube but not many listens :) Run Devil Run by Eden Maze was the answer.

It was playing in the gym I go to earlier today and soundhound couldn't identify it but I captured 30 seconds of it and used some website that reads mp3s to identify tracks. That worked...

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭LasersGoPewPew

Can someone tell me what the name of this trad song is please?

https://youtu.be/HPKUSlMkuBg

• Registered Users Posts: 17,848 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Theres a song on the radio at the minute with the lyrics "I wanna know" or "I want to know" in the chorus, thats all I have sorry, anyone have a clue what it is? Its driving me mad, it was played twice on Spin1038 today at work but Im always doing something at the time...

Thargor wrote: »
    Theres a song on the radio at the minute with the lyrics "I wanna know" or "I want to know" in the chorus, thats all I have sorry, anyone have a clue what it is? Its driving me mad, it was played twice on Spin1038 today at work but Im always doing something at the time...

Male..female?
    What genre of music?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,848 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Male..female?
    What genre of music?
    Sorry it was male vocals, general Spin1038 popular music.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,788 ✭✭✭✭cormie

This is my method when Shazam and Soundhound don't pick up a song, I have whatsapp group I created with a friend, then removed the friend and now I've a group to just keep notes and stuff in, so just recorded this off Radio Na Life last night, time stamp on the file name too which is handy. If anyone can ID it, please let me know :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,024 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

I've a song stuck in my head that's something like a cross between these two:

It almost sounds like a duel between two women singing. The vocals are more like the second song while the guitar sound is similar to the first one but a bit quicker. I think it might have been called something like "Melody in D" or something like that. Any help would be appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭reap-a-rat

I've a song stuck in my head that's something like a cross between these two:

It almost sounds like a duel between two women singing. The vocals are more like the second song while the guitar sound is similar to the first one but a bit quicker. I think it might have been called something like "Melody in D" or something like that. Any help would be appreciated.

Is it this by any chance?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,024 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

That's it! Thanks a mil, it's been driving me nuts.

Advertisement