Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

You've banked the training, now what?

• 30-03-2020 1:07pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,196 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Have seen this in a log or two and with the lay of the land at the moment, many are in this situation.

I'm posting because I'm curious about the psychological dimension to banking training due to a lost race/target, if anyone has insight on that and what it's like. I note some are hopeful of benefits down the line.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭KSU

Have seen this in a log or two and with the lay of the land at the moment, many are in this situation.

I'm posting because I'm curious about the psychological dimension to banking training due to a lost race/target, if anyone has insight on that and what it's like. I note some are hopeful of benefits down the line.

Training is never banked, it's a continuum. New fitness has been attained despite the lack of an outcome. We consolidate and continue to push on the same as you would with plateauing performances sometimes you just need to weather the storm and keep ploughing on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,763 ✭✭✭Fenster

I love running. Changes in races, while annoying, haven't affected my training. Next week I plan to run the Plan B virtual marathon around my neighborhood. After that I will taper off and focus on cross-training until things pick up again for a late-summer race.

Advertisement